Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Frozen Ever After June 21

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/05/frozen-ever-after-attraction-royal-sommerhus-set-to-open-at-epcot-june-21/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Anya posted:

Apparently Sum of All Thrills is closing within the next week? That was a cool experience for me when I went exploring in Innoventions this last trip and finally did that and Colortopia. Good air conditioning fun for this northerner, and I liked how I could control what the ride did and how it felt to flip around. Too bad if that's true.

Well you could always hike over to Disneyquest and ride Cyberspace mountain :v:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So on my next Disney Vacation in December we're going to spen da day at Universal; what is the best way to traverse from Pop Century to there? Is Uber and Lyft totally fine (PS do you have to tip them? We don't have taxis up north)? Or should I just rent a car?

Thanks guys.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Abu Dave posted:

So on my next Disney Vacation in December we're going to spen da day at Universal; what is the best way to traverse from Pop Century to there? Is Uber and Lyft totally fine (PS do you have to tip them? We don't have taxis up north)? Or should I just rent a car?

Thanks guys.

Uber is a non-tipping taxi service: you can offer a tip and the driver is allowed to accept it after initially refusing, but it's not a requirement. Lyft allows you to tip through the app (no cash is exchanged) up to 24 hours after the ride and up to 72 hours after via your emailed receipt. It's a 12 mile drive, which is less than 20 minutes by I-4 in good conditions. I did a quick check on Uber and there's currently a 2x fare due to high demand in the area, so it's estimated $24 to $31 for the ride if you got it right now. It's about half that during regular demand.

Also, Uber is able to recognize when you put in the address of a theme park and correctly direct drivers to the pickup area.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Have any locals tried the new food in Disney Springs yet? Amorette's Patisserie looks really good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Uber is a non-tipping taxi service: you can offer a tip and the driver is allowed to accept it after initially refusing, but it's not a requirement. Lyft allows you to tip through the app (no cash is exchanged) up to 24 hours after the ride and up to 72 hours after via your emailed receipt. It's a 12 mile drive, which is less than 20 minutes by I-4 in good conditions. I did a quick check on Uber and there's currently a 2x fare due to high demand in the area, so it's estimated $24 to $31 for the ride if you got it right now. It's about half that during regular demand.

Also, Uber is able to recognize when you put in the address of a theme park and correctly direct drivers to the pickup area.

So it sounds like Uber is the way to go considering a rental car is atleast $50, unless that was $24 to 31 each way :suicide:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Uber is absolutely gonna be the best and most hassle free method.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Abu Dave posted:

So it sounds like Uber is the way to go considering a rental car is atleast $50, unless that was $24 to 31 each way :suicide:

Take Uber.

Sure you might think its cheaper to get a rental car, but then you have to pay for parking.....

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Edna Mode posted:

Have any locals tried the new food in Disney Springs yet? Amorette's Patisserie looks really good.

On my last couple trips I've tried Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, which is stepped up bar food with international flavor and great themeing. I also had a vendor cocktail party thing on the upper deck at Morimotos, which has great Asian cuisine although we mostly had sushi and appetizers. Not sure if it open yet or not but I ate at STK in NYC and was impressed, especially with the rice krispy shrimp.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Abu Dave posted:

If you purchase your Universal tickets through me, I can set up a roundtrip shuttle for you. It's about the same cost as an Uber, maybe a little less.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Braksgirl posted:

If you purchase your Universal tickets through me, I can set up a roundtrip shuttle for you. It's about the same cost as an Uber, maybe a little less.

This was super convenient and I would recommend it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Braksgirl posted:

I will do this then, i'll be in touch soon then :3:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody know if Yak and Yeti is going to be night time with everything else? Trying to book a night time table that isn't 4:30pm in November and I heard the night ADRs are open but nothing.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I haven't heard that they'll close early but it seems like Disney is a bit behind on opening up the ADRs for Nov. I'm having issues getting Tusker House as well. I'd keep checking back.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Going to a preview of the night attractions at AK tomorrow :woop: I'll take lots of good photos.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Just for the hell of it, for the full experience, I got up at 3:50 AM to be ready for 4 AM (6 AM EST) when the ADR opened up. I still couldn't get BoG, so I'm assuming all the Disney registered guests got them in the previous nine days. Went back to bed, lesson learned! Hopefully I can snag reservations in the next six months. It's really the only restaurant in the park I actually want to eat at, I don't really feel like I need to go to tons of them.

How does Mickey's Christmas Party affect the parks in the evening? Do they kick regular guests out at a certain time?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Guests without a party ticket are supposed to leave at 7 pm. They won't let you shop, eat, or ride anything if you don't have a party wristband.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

A few years ago we ate at Cinderella's Royal Table when the party started, and by the time we finished noone was checking anything and we were able to stay the entire night. That was a fun night.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edna Mode posted:

I've only been to Jock's, and I really like it. As tomapot said, it's elevated bar food, but surprisingly filling in conjunction with the high quality. An order of the sliders has as much total food as a big burger, so two or three plates is sufficient for a meal for two people (depending on your appetites). It's also very much my aesthetic with a ton of themed decor, including some references to The Rocketeer (check both sides of your drink coasters).

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

Braksgirl posted:

Guests without a party ticket are supposed to leave at 7 pm. They won't let you shop, eat, or ride anything if you don't have a party wristband.

I'll plan around the dates it's happening, then. Thanks so much!

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

tomapot posted:

On my last couple trips I've tried Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, which is stepped up bar food with international flavor and great themeing. I also had a vendor cocktail party thing on the upper deck at Morimotos, which has great Asian cuisine although we mostly had sushi and appetizers.

Jock's is pretty good as far as bars go, morimotos is one of the most gorgeous restaurants I've ever seen. Jock's is elevated bar food, morimotos is upscale Asian but nothing that absolutely blew me away.

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

The wife and I were at Disney Springs a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed The Boathouse Dockside Bar, the restaurant itself was also pretty good. Despite being a "Signature" restaurant the prices were reasonable and the portions were huge so easy to split the food.

Jock's was also pretty good - theming was great fun, lots of details to look out for.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Old Man Pants posted:

Jock's is pretty good as far as bars go, morimotos is one of the most gorgeous restaurants I've ever seen. Jock's is elevated bar food, morimotos is upscale Asian but nothing that absolutely blew me away.

Yeah, Morimotos was really solid but nothing truly incredible. Prices are pretty fair for the quality though. Also, the orange chocolate mousse dessert is one of the best I've had in years, and my pastry chef wife agrees.

Cryosleep
Jun 6, 2003

Time's UP!
Sitting at the Poly now at Tambu Lounge. Try the bread pudding when you come here, you'll thank me later. :getin::pervert:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

You're killing me. :cry:

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Going to be at Polynesian this weekend. Getting pretty excited.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
It's birthday-versary week for us.. Monday we have our anniversary dinner at (no idea where she picked) and Wednesday it's her birthday dinner at Sanaa.. We took the week off and will be at the parks woo hoo..

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

demonR6 posted:

It's birthday-versary week for us.. Monday we have our anniversary dinner at (no idea where she picked) and Wednesday it's her birthday dinner at Sanaa.. We took the week off and will be at the parks woo hoo..

I'll be at Jungle a bunch if she wants to come heckle me.

The Wolfen
Apr 12, 2007
Wanted Ghost Coon. Cannot be treed or trapped. Reward Ghost Coon Skin Cap!
Fun Shoe
So I'm now in the early stages of honeymoon prep for WDW plus a 3 night cruise (thanks Braksgirl)!

I'm curious, has anyone else done a honeymoon experience at the parks and/or cruise? Any tips or things that might help make it a more romantic trip? Every other time I've gone it's been with family and we've hit up the same restaurants and activities, so I'm excited to go and experience more adventurous foods and hopefully some newer experiences than I have in the past.

Rather than lay that whole burden on Braksgirl to help me plan, I figured I'd ask goons anything they'd recommend trying to do/eat/see while we're on the trip so I can research and figure out what we want to try to make a priority.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

California Grill is pretty romantic, in my opinion.

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

We've just come back from a honeymoon in Disney. Definitely tell Disney you are celebrating your honeymoon when booking, or call them to add a note to the reservation if you booked online. We did this and got a free upgrade from standard room at the Poly to concierge level with theme park view when we checked in - it was amazing.

Wear the "We're celebrating" badges they give you as well, the cast members are really nice and you'll get lots of "Congratulations!" - it's cool.

It can be hard to have a romantic meal because kids are everywhere. We did California Grill and it was lovely, but we did have a more secluded table. Food was excellent. The restaurants at the Grand Floridian are also a good bet.

Walking around World Showcase having nibbles and drinks was a cute couples thing to do, and the restaurant in Mexico is fun and can be romantic, especially if you get a table by the water.

Definitely spend a night or two at a Deluxe resort if you can, our best day at the World was just chilling out at the Poly pool with drinks before heading over to the Contemporary for dinner.

Hope you have a great honeymoon!

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
It was a "second" honeymoon, but yeah, I've done the parks followed by a cruise. Frankly, we were exhausted. We vowed never to do Disney+Cruise again. Either is fine, but not both.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Holy moly, the Tree of Life Awakening shows are fantastic. I was skeptical about how they would pull it off, given the tree is so textured and layered, but it honestly looks a lot better than the castle projections. I took a ton of photos I'll post later, but it was jaw dropping. There are 4 separate 3 minute stories, with one being a montage of Disney animal scenes like Jungle Book, Tarzan, etc. Really great stuff.

Everest at night is also amazing. Very different ride and much more thrilling. Kali at night is hilarious and noone wanted to ride it. The night version of Kilamanjaro is a big iffy one at this point. We did get to see the hyenas and saw a group of 6 rhinos feeding, but everything else was next to impossible to make out or see. Walked through the Rivers of Light theater and saw some of the lighting and stuff being tested, it's going to be pretty incredible when it launches.

Overall, very excited for nights at Animal Kingdom.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

The Wolfen posted:

I'm curious, has anyone else done a honeymoon experience at the parks and/or cruise? Any tips or things that might help make it a more romantic trip?

If staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, don't have sex with the curtains open regardless of what floor you're on. They have security cameras that can see into every room to make sure idiots don't do idiot stuff to the animals.

Unless you get off on Disney security watching you bone down. Then gently caress with the windows open.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We did a 4 night cruise before 5 nights at WDW resort for our honeymoon. The cruise was amazing and I'm glad we did it first because we are so much drat food that by the time we got to WDW we just wanted to take everything easy and relax, which made for a much better honeymoon trip than usual. Highly recommend the cruises, they are very adult friendly but everything is still Disney quality.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We did a week in Disney for the first leg of our honeymoon then 5 nights at an all inclusive in Punta Cana after. It definitely had a good "fun but exhausting" transitioning to "much needed relaxation"

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

For romantic restaurants you could try Jiko, Narcoosee's, or Victoria & Albert's. Those places maybe won't have SO many kids.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
New cruises coming in 2017 to San Diego,Texas and NYC. If you book a NYC-Caribbean cruise they hook you up with a one day park hopper.

quote:

Seven- and eight-night sailings to the Bahamas from New York all include a visit to Castaway Cay and to Port Canaveral, Fla., giving you the opportunity to visit Walt Disney World Resort. Each guest on these sailings will receive a one-day Walt Disney World Park Hopper ticket and round-trip transportation for the short drive between the ship and the resort.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/05/disney-cruise-line-returning-to-new-york-california-and-texas-in-fall-2017/

Happitoo posted:

If staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, don't have sex with the curtains open regardless of what floor you're on. They have security cameras that can see into every room to make sure idiots don't do idiot stuff to the animals.

Unless you get off on Disney security watching you bone down. Then gently caress with the windows open.

Oops, too late.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Happitoo posted:

"Why are they playing "It's a Small World After All" over the loudspeakers, dear?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

"Why are they playing "It's a Small World After All" over the loudspeakers, dear?"

Is this confirmation Braksgirl and yourself have been caught?