Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

I'm hoping that this arc turns into the Leorio super hour because he's the underdog right now and he's clearly got things to prove.

Yeah hoping we get to see a lot more of him soon. Even with the election and punching I don't think he's gotten near as much time to shine as the rest of the four, and in this arc so far his main contribution really has been getting Kurapika into the Zodiac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Begemot posted:

But he's too young to buy tobacco so he has to turn to a life of crime to keep using his nen :ohdear:
Make him breathe controllable air bubbles.

He can team up with Genthru and they can live in Jojo's land.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
new chapter

http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/355/3425/1

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

http://mangastream.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/355/3425/10
Now we really know what Hisoka's O face is.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hunter x hunter ii: body hammer

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Hisoka beat a dude without both of his arms. Losing a few finders is hardly "Lethal Damage".

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I like how even Hisoka is a little weirded out by the audience still watching the fight.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm kinda surprised Hisoka didn't consider the possibility of the explosive seal thing being affixed to the head, since Hisoka would obviously be aware that removing the head is necessary to make the "dolls" stop working.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm kinda surprised Hisoka didn't consider the possibility of the explosive seal thing being affixed to the head, since Hisoka would obviously be aware that removing the head is necessary to make the "dolls" stop working.

It needs to touch another seal to work, so I dunno how he made it explode when Hisoka was holding it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Hisoka's powers are no good for crowd control" they said :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mikl posted:

"Hisoka's powers are no good for crowd control" they said :v:

Actually that it was just me who said that.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Hisoka's powers are good for absolutely everything.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

It needs to touch another seal to work, so I dunno how he made it explode when Hisoka was holding it.

Oh, that's the question.

We can imagine there was one symbol on the head from the start, or maybe when Hisoka used it to hit Chrollo he put the mark in that moment. But what it seems it happened was the second mark had been placed in Hisoka's palm (who knows how) and when he caught the head again both seals touched and baam! But... how it didn't explode before?
I suspect there is another hatsu in play, maybe some kind of invisible film that went over the head, so there was no true contact between Hisoka's skin and the head's skin with the seal. When Chrollo gave the order, the film disappeared and in the next time hand and head touched the explosion occurred.
But for this theory I need both a new nen ability and Chrollo somehow putting a seal on Hisoka without him noticing.

An alternative explanation could be that we still were missing more information, and there are more hidden rules. Maybe the body from which the head belonged was blown up and that provokes others seals in the same body to explode, even when the part are separated, so Chrollo could make one of the puppets to activate the seals of the headless body in the ground and somehow that would also activate the seal in the head without touching it.
I think this has more chances. The key moment could be when Chrollo's gives someone an order saying "yes, like that, crouch down. now". That could be someone controlled by Black Voice activating a seal in the abandoned body in the floor.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Hisoka is my spirit animal

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Maybe Chrollo attached the "Moon" symbol to Hisoka at some point, and his nen can act as a trigger? The audience's heads didn't go explodey until Hisoka hit them with Bungee Gum.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm going with Chrollo controlling some sort of sniper type guy with the remote, having him shoot/throw an object with a moon/sun on it at the head as soon as Hisoka retracted it to his hand.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NecroMonster posted:

Hisoka's powers are good for absolutely everything.

Bungee Gum has the properties of both rubber AND gum!

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm glad we got to see Hisoka's man hammer.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

His hand isn't actually gone he just covered it up with Texture Surprise. :ninja:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
This fight is beginning to break my brain. Just when I get a grasp on what's going on, Togashi throws in another misdirection on the abilities being used.

I mean how does Chrollo lose this fight now really, he can keep chucking bodies at Hisoka until he succumbs and the goddman audience is sticking around making it even worse for Hisoka.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Hisoka made a note of how strange was the audience, not running away. I wonder if Chrollo used some other nen ability with suggestion powers.

Edit :hell, there is a point where he calculates there should be less puppets left than estimated, just 20-30, and then the commenter girl says how 100-200 are attacking. So I wonder if Chrollo just started marking people and using clones hours before in the audience.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 27, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Pro thread title.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
We've always known Hisoka was a strong and capable combatant, but this fight really gives me a new appreciation for "How" strong and capable he is. I think I've said this before but until now we've never really seen Hisoka in a position of inferiority. He's typically always the one in control of the fight, the one who sets the pace, his prowess showcased by how casually he deals with his opponents. This time he's on the ropes, on the defensive, literally everything and everyone against him, fighting at a distinct disadvantage, and he's still rocking it, still going strong, surviving in style.

Dude really is one of the best fighters in the world of Hunter x Hunter. Even cornered he's still dangerous.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Turin Turambar posted:

Hisoka made a note of how strange was the audience, not running away. I wonder if Chrollo used some other nen ability with suggestion powers.

Edit :hell, there is a point where he calculates there should be less puppets left than estimated, just 20-30, and then the commenter girl says how 100-200 are attacking. So I wonder if Chrollo just started marking people and using clones hours before in the audience.

Nah, I think the audience are just generally somewhat used to events like this? Remember, Hisoka lobbed tiles into the audience during his fight with Gon, and that was just between two combatants. This is a fight between Floor Masters.

Plus, the staff are warning them that panicking is even more dangerous cause they might stampede each other to death.

And some of them might just be that dedicated to watching the fight. This wouldn't be the first time Togashi had audience members stay to finish spectating a deadly fight. In the Dark Tournament, the... midget dude unsheathed a sword that killed a buncha audience members but some chose to stay, even if it meant pissing themselves in fear.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
There are probably plenty of capable combatants in the stands, too, at least capable enough to ignore the occasional stray projectile.

Who knows if exploding seals and mind controlling antennae were within expectations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Yeah I def think that chrollo pre-rigged the audience

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hisoka still hasn't realized that puppets could have been prepared beforehand.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Regarding the sun and moon seals, the head only exploded after Chrollo ordered it to, so I don't think the explosion was triggered by Hisoka catching the head. I'm guessing the head had the seals in its mouth or something.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kurapika confirmed for girl

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Quick reminder. Sun and Moon does not explode when the seals touch. It explodes when the seals stop touching. With increased power depending on how long the seals touched together. Likely he only activated the explosion when he pulled the head back to his hand.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Quick reminder. Sun and Moon does not explode when the seals touch. It explodes when the seals stop touching. With increased power depending on how long the seals touched together. Likely he only activated the explosion when he pulled the head back to his hand.

That is a good point, but how would that work with Chrollo's verbal command?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He stuck the dead corpse that gave him sun and moon and is controlling it that way

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Serious Frolicking posted:

That is a good point, but how would that work with Chrollo's verbal command?

I don't know. It will be explained next chapter I guess.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait what? Am I just bad at reading or was the translation poorly worded?
I thought they blew up when they touched, and the longer you kept your symbol-stamping hand on them when putting it on them, the bigger the boom. Why would Hisoka have been able to see a Sun symbol on one of the bodies otherwise?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
is it just me or does hisoka's super slasher smile look very similar to the 1st prince on the dark continent steamboat?

could he actually be a long-lost prince charming?? :allears:

http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/355/3425/11

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

We've always known Hisoka was a strong and capable combatant, but this fight really gives me a new appreciation for "How" strong and capable he is. I think I've said this before but until now we've never really seen Hisoka in a position of inferiority. He's typically always the one in control of the fight, the one who sets the pace, his prowess showcased by how casually he deals with his opponents. This time he's on the ropes, on the defensive, literally everything and everyone against him, fighting at a distinct disadvantage, and he's still rocking it, still going strong, surviving in style.

Dude really is one of the best fighters in the world of Hunter x Hunter. Even cornered he's still dangerous.

The interesting thing is how well this contrasts with the fights from the Chimera Ant arc that more often involved overwhelming power rather than schemes and elaborate setup.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Which is funny as Hisoka is the most DBZ villain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FAT BATMAN posted:

Wait what? Am I just bad at reading or was the translation poorly worded?
I thought they blew up when they touched, and the longer you kept your symbol-stamping hand on them when putting it on them, the bigger the boom. Why would Hisoka have been able to see a Sun symbol on one of the bodies otherwise?

I was wrong this is correct the longer Chrollo touches the, the stronger they are. I misunderstood it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Manga Stream's been known to churn out unreadable, overwritten slop from time to time, and this fight's been very dialogue-heavy.

Read the official VIZ translation if you want to know precisely what's going on.