Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zmej posted:

idk I miss the brain dead ms/ad bonus spell. that's when we had poo poo like support gangplank.

RIP Raise Morale that killed allied minions and let you get a full level advantage over the enemy laner

Build old wits end for maximum Antifun Toxicity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
heeheeheeheehee

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yo, MF feels really good with the Yoomus/black cleaver build. Im currently going thunderlords with maxing E first.

This play style is really training my brain to use abilities and item actives. I heartily recommend playing this.

Edit: things just clicked when I realized "gently caress the q minigame, just make it rain on the their asses like Im at a stripclub"

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 25, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i was doing E max with thunderlords then i went for the keeby special and maxed Q first then W and it was way loving better

e: Maxing make it rain is pretty good if your support / jungler are strong and will have a lot of presence in your lane. Maxing Q first is better when you just want to force 2v2 fights and kick rear end. Rank 1 E is a decent enough slow to go for the kill once you have duskblade.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I will keep that in mind. Looks like I'll have to turn off quick cast indicators, it's super rough to catch someone in that tiny death cone. Laning against a Lucian highlights how much better his Q is.

Do you go Thunderlords as well? Im seeing that or Deathfire as the capstone on probuilds (as well as an ER). I was thinking Warlords just to patch up the sustain.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That new Nidalee splash art is great, it's a shame they wasted such great art on a garbage champion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gently caress everyone who complains about 4ad comps, it's hilarious being the only ap champion in a game where nobody on the enemy team is building mr. why yes, i would like to oneshot zed with my shark, thanks for asking.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

I will keep that in mind. Looks like I'll have to turn off quick cast indicators, it's super rough to catch someone in that tiny death cone. Laning against a Lucian highlights how much better his Q is.

Do you go Thunderlords as well? Im seeing that or Deathfire as the capstone on probuilds (as well as an ER). I was thinking Warlords just to patch up the sustain.

I went fervor and tried to focus on harassing with w but I think Thunderlords would be just as strong especially if you rush dusk blade and the ability to go for 1v1 fights

stump collector fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 25, 2016

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
The thought of buying Duskblade on anyone except Zed and Kha makes me wanna vomit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gibberish posted:

The thought of buying Duskblade on anyone except Zed and Kha makes me wanna vomit
talon?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

hes peruvian

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Gibberish posted:

it's hilariously good on MF and you are missing out on freelo by pretending it is not good on her

I have had good luck rushing Duskblade. Once you get a serrated dirk your Q bounce will do around 40% of the enemy ADC's hp and from there you can go ham with fervor empowered W active auto attacks and Make It Rain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

On the champs its good on, Serrated Dirk is like ridiculously good in lane.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

God drat, man, just played a perfect game as leona. 3/0/24 out of 43 total kills.

This poo poo makes league of legends worthwhile.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I never really rushed the serrated blade component in lane. I always tried for either the cdr component for the ult cooldown or went back to lane with 4 longswords to get that BF sword AD. I'll have to try that out as well.

Anybody got any thoughts about the build order of Youmoos? I know it's only a small detail, but this is just so exciting to have choice in an ADC build.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Warhammer sucks compared to dirk

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

Warhammer sucks compared to dirk

10 AR pen is an insane power spike compared to 10% cdr early

stump collector
May 28, 2007
dirk's passive is really underrated too

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

How Rude posted:

10 AR pen is an insane power spike compared to 10% cdr early

10% CDR is basically worthless early when all your abilities have high cooldowns anyways.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

blah_blah posted:

10% CDR is basically worthless early when all your abilities have high cooldowns anyways.

Going from 0-10% CDR is pretty worthless in general, and one of the reasons I don't understand people completing ER first before starting on the Zeal item of choice. CDR gets better the more of it you have, the first bit is unimpressive but hitting the cap is good poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Probably to cast spells

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
In lane most of your spells are siting waiting to use anyway. Dirk is way better early game when you are gated by mana costs instead of cooldowns.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Is anyone playing Swain at the moment? Tell me your Swain stories

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

swain is really good at the moment and nobody can be assed to buy morello' or mortal reminder so he's doublegood

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I rush executioners on any ad champ after my first item so we have a tiny chance against him

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I had a Lucian top do that against me and it worked O.K., but he still ultimately lost. At least Executioner's is fairly cheap, didn't it used to cost like 1500 and give only crit chance or something?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was a 18% lifesteal/15% crit item that had an active that gave a very minor (less than red buff) DOT to your autos. Then it was changed so that the passive was the DOT and the active was a 65% healing debuff. Incidentally, that was magic damage and they accidentally gave it something like a 100% AP scaling, so for a short while people were building it, void staff, and like nashor's and zhonya's and just shredding people. That got hotfixed. It didn't build into anything, and its price was 1350.

Then it was changed to a 25 AD/15% crit item that had a passive 40% healing debuff. It stayed like that until season 3, where it got buffed to 20% crit and got its price increased to 1900. Then it got removed in S5, and then it got reworked into a Mortal Reminder component in S6.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
arpen mf is really strong and fun

unrelated, dodging when someone locks in adc malz is probably wise

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Before the remakes me and my friend had a 100% winrate with malz/veigar bot :v: level 6 in that lane is pretty awful for the enemy.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Before the remakes me and my friend had a 100% winrate with malz/veigar bot :v: level 6 in that lane is pretty awful for the enemy.

it doesn't help that our morg support spent all of champ select/laning screaming at him for "ruining his gaming experience"

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

it doesn't help that our morg support spent all of champ select/laning screaming at him for "ruining his gaming experience"

i don't understand people who want to cry and champ select and won't eat a dodge. even if you're in series, dodging is preferable to spending 40 minutes losing a game

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

exethan posted:

i don't understand people who want to cry and champ select and won't eat a dodge. even if you're in series, dodging is preferable to spending 40 minutes losing a game

Why would you dodge when you can rant and rave and hopefully make someone else dodge?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

SlyFrog posted:

Why would you dodge when you can rant and rave and hopefully make someone else dodge?

true, i suppose a person willing to do that is actually the real troll

stump collector
May 28, 2007

im afraid i have to dodge this yasuo support game in mid platinum

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

pussy

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i like that you checked his profile first to make sure he wasnt really good at support yasuo

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Radical posted:

i like that you checked his profile first to make sure he wasnt really good at support yasuo

Sometimes you find some hilarious poo poo on a profile search. "17-0 as support Dr. Mundo. Well, okay I guess!?"

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Radical posted:

I played against an Azir support in Plat who was 5-2 on it in ranked.

It was terrible and we stomped him.

I really want to know what happened those five games prior...

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

exethan posted:

im afraid i have to dodge this yasuo support game in mid platinum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuzLNW7n7ag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
it would've been somewhat acceptable if he locked it into an immobile ADC. that is his first game in 2 weeks and he's never played yasuo from support

• Locked thread