Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

jm20 posted:

What compelled you to join the directorate instead of living it out in garpa like a boss :cripes:

Well, after I inherited the GARPA mantle from Weas, we continued on some real productive years doing interesting things that needed a GARPA rep in illum. Good times all around. My favorite projects are still the ones that had the highest impact on the daily life of line members, though, like GTS and goonmetrics. I appreciate dev effort on things that make EVE's daily grind easier, more productive, or more fun. Goons have made great strides in helping all of EVE through stuff like that... such as creating evemon and evething.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Huge_Midget posted:

Hey vyst, as the former auth director, how often does the auth team press butan for alts? Asking for a friend.

Did you notice what could help make the process go faster? :haw:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I made my first billion with goonmetrics thanks bud

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Evemon was made by the goonies?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did you notice what could help make the process go faster? :haw:

Shhh, leave my incompetence out of this.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Though current illum/fc metrics have produced such fantastic results over the past year; I feel that it is still holding us back. Simply promoting the top 10% most active and demoting the bottom 10% would really propel this empire into Fortune 500 territory.

Edit: at least we didn't get haargoth'd and lose all of our loving space.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 26, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Fortune 500 companies have those self-reported pseudo-psych profiling tests that include questions like "would your previous boss say you were their best employee ever?"

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Orange Red Bull posted:

I made my first billion with goonmetrics thanks bud

That site was born out of my desire to help newbie traders and fleet/war hubs, after I became too rich to care about performing station trading myself. The conceptual design and heuristics were basically mine, initial web design and implementation all Tazuki's, and since then it has been further molded by user feedback and GSF devops team. I'm surprised some open source or all-of-eve competitor doesn't exist yet (maybe it does, I don't know). The CREST updates keep the data nice and fresh. It makes me happy each time I see a new player benefit from it.

Bad timing on it being down when Deklein fell; some devops thing that is/was being sorted. Saranen should benefit from it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Go back to electing leaders based upon who has the best posting gimmick imo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

frozenpussy posted:

Evemon was made by the goonies?

Yeah, some ancient initial version was by a goon. I'd have to search for the history; someone else here probably knows. Not a goon team these days, obviously.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Started off running rally points in a drake, moved on to importing and stacked up 20b or so and got into flipping characters, did that for years all the while importing and margin trading in Jita, would rat in an ishtar or chimera for the gently caress of it, made 100b in characters, liquid isk and assetts and then won.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54239800/

One of the ITL traitors down

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oh man cant wait for 20 pages about mah alts and apis

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Orange Red Bull posted:

Go back to electing leaders based upon who has the best posting gimmick imo

You laugh but then we would at least have inspiring leadership instead of some guys all sitting the same channel.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Doing gods work.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

Started off running rally points in a drake, moved on to importing and stacked up 20b or so and got into flipping characters, did that for years all the while importing and margin trading in Jita, would rat in an ishtar or chimera for the gently caress of it, made 100b in characters, liquid isk and assetts and then won.

At a moment like this I was saddened to see Goonmetrics is down.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Where they numerous?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

Oh man, can't wait for 20 pages about 'joinin muh enemies'.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Torpor posted:

You laugh but then we would at least have inspiring leadership instead of some guys all sitting the same channel.

The best posters left/quit and all thats left is some guys sitting in a channel working on their activity reports :negative:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Orange Red Bull posted:

This is why you have separate accounts no one knows about that cannot be traced back to you even if you think your space friends are the greatest.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Orange Red Bull posted:

A non-insignificant people know that alt given that it's not the first freighter/jf that they've lost.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

also 5B is awfully close to what they stole, so justice is served or something

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

gwrtheyrn posted:

nope there's still 7B left

gonna nickle and dime the gently caress out of this

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

gwrtheyrn posted:

Rhea says 12. But other sources point to it being in the 4.5 range.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Forgive me if I don't trust the totally trustworthy estimate of Rhea "how to fuel towers" "oops my jf" Bloodspike

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The two NC. Freighters were better:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54239045/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54239270/

I wonder if the wraps that didn't drop were worth 25b as well.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

goddamn do I love GARPA

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

PathAsc posted:

goddamn do I love GARPA

The organization or the navigational tool? Because the tool is amazing for the line of work I've been doing lately.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

Where they numerous?

No just Rhea and his alts he used for hauling like the linked one.

Zephyrine posted:

Rhea says 12. But other sources point to it being in the 4.5 range.

It's not 12 - Rhea is inflating the number to impress Redditlord JOHNSON - 4.5 sounds right from what I remember TX saying.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

The two NC. Freighters were better:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54239045/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54239270/

I wonder if the wraps that didn't drop were worth 25b as well.

I agree with this because I think the Rhea thing is just forgotten at this point to everyone except Rhea himself as that was his one shining moment or something. It's much more enjoyable for me to see true enemies like NC. get their wraps blapped. Also I always wondered if your name was based of the Orwells album and if so that album is terrible. Also I am sorry about Talon quitting he's a whiny bitch and is mad that he can't get ticks anymore. I'll punch him in the dick the next time I talk to him. Miners around Paara just got a real break because he used to go at them from downtime to downtime on Saturdays and that's gone now. :rip:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goatman Sacks posted:

The organization or the navigational tool? Because the tool is amazing for the line of work I've been doing lately.

both, but I meant the tool specifically for that post

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Daco Vato posted:

It's not 12 - Rhea is inflating the number to impress Redditlord JOHNSON - 4.5 sounds right from what I remember TX saying.

4.5B + the hull price of a rhea is just about 12 :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

4.5B + the hull price of a rhea is just about 12 :v:

He got ganked in a charon, sadly.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

evilweasel posted:

He got ganked in a charon, sadly.

The joke is that he might have counted his rhea hull as part of his sweet goonfucking haul because he's dumb

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

PathAsc posted:

both, but I meant the tool specifically for that post

Yeah, the tool (GTS) was my first C# playground, working to take it over from Lhyda after he won eve. Lhyda's codebase was fast and solid. It then gained some really advanced features not present in web eve nav tools, even before fatigue was introduced. When fatigue became a thing, I worked with Bittey and another dev to select+implement+adapt algorithms used for real world wireless network routing in order to optimize routes with minimal or varying fatigue targets. I'm not aware of another tool that properly handles complex fatigue minimization across combined jump/gate/bridge routes with various waypoints/avoids (haven't looked lately because no need...). We tried to make it the best tool we could for FCs and logi people. Props to devs whose names appeared in the credits list with me over time.

There should be another release this summer to deal with small fixes/features and game changes, but that's up to Bittey these days. I just do QC, bug squash, and consult on it pre-release.

I know some of CCP uses it because I knew guys inside who used to thank me for new releases, heh. I think that's why they did the community spotlight on GARPA. At one point CCP security freaked and scanned it to death because they were worried goons were trying to Trojan CCP. Not the case.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

pmchem posted:

I know some of CCP uses it because I knew guys inside who used to thank me for new releases, heh. I think that's why they did the community spotlight on GARPA. At one point CCP security freaked and scanned it to death because they were worried goons were trying to Trojan CCP. Not the case.

you really dropped the ball there, you know

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

you really dropped the ball there, you know

heh. I know you're joking, but CCP was suspicious enough of goons/GARPA that at one point in fanfest 2013, two non-dev CCP guys were following me and nzezt and then sat right behind us for some keynote talks. Man, nzezt was a strategic asset to GARPA. Great guy, shame he won eve. Good times.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

pmchem posted:

heh. I know you're joking, but CCP was suspicious enough of goons/GARPA that at one point in fanfest 2013, two non-dev CCP guys were following me and nzezt and then sat right behind us for some keynote talks. Man, nzezt was a strategic asset to GARPA. Great guy, shame he won eve. Good times.

Was that before or after one of you explained to CCP what was wrong with their code that was trying to detect (i think) warp-to-zero hacks during team Security's presentation? Because I suspect that might have been the trigger :v:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Talking about garpa is not proper opsec guys.

WTS: deep safe bookmarks

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i thought lea stormwhatever was a miniluv hauler

boney i let them go carrying 10 bil like a week ago

boney why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hmm, it was probably due to something else related to a team finance incident from long ago. On the whole, an amusing memory but no big deal.

• Locked thread