Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Skim Milk posted:

guys guys GUYS I fixed my janky squat and I dont turn them all into good mornings or w/e

feels gud

also deathlifted my 5RM for 7 with some reps left in the tank

I thought that the good morning motion was the right thing when I saw some fit-looking duder doing it

loving glad I didn't pick up that habit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So, I'm going to turkey for 1.5 months.

I'm about to buy a tub of ON protein from costco and pack it in my checked bag.

How arrested will I be? I've taken it on domestic flights before, but never international.

Just buy some when you get there, I can guarantee you that they'll have plenty of protein powder available. Order it now and get that poo poo delivered to where you're going.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Leaving work this morning on the way to the gym I got pulled over for speeding. When the cop asked why I was speeding I said "the pre workout is kicking in". Then he let me go because I'm a firefighter.

True story.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

Zahgaegun posted:

Did you loot his corpse?

It wasn't sparkling.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Getting really tired of showing up to the gym and the free weight rooms absolutely trashed by idiots who can't wipe their sweat up or organize plates. All manners of plates jumbled together on bench and cage weight pegs, while the many plate holders are empty. The round plates disappear from the dead lift platform and cage area, and the only set of bumper plates ends up clear across the gym on a smith machine all the time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The bumpers seem to be stored on the leg press at my gym.

My warmup is fetching them back while muttering to myself like a lunatic.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
change gyms yo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

88h88 posted:

Just buy some when you get there, I can guarantee you that they'll have plenty of protein powder available. Order it now and get that poo poo delivered to where you're going.

Hm, will do. I've been trying to fit this big fuckoff bag in my duffel and I don't think it'll fit without getting whacked and popping open.

Also

Constipated posted:

Getting really tired of showing up to the gym and the free weight rooms absolutely trashed by idiots who can't wipe their sweat up or organize plates. All manners of plates jumbled together on bench and cage weight pegs, while the many plate holders are empty. The round plates disappear from the dead lift platform and cage area, and the only set of bumper plates ends up clear across the gym on a smith machine all the time.
Welcome to the gym.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Constipated posted:

yo at least your gym isnt currently completely packed with highschollers every freaking weekday afternoon. its basically like what youre describing but plus them all standing around taking selfies like its loving recess.

i hope this ceases when summer break begins for them.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ah garage lifting

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I go to the gym at like 5 am and it's always mostly empty, but still sometimes a mess because people will leave plates wherever the gently caress.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
5am gym best gym. Just some old dudes there to move weight.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I would rather die than be at the gym at 5 AM, are you some kind of hosed up deviants? wtf

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I have an 8-5 job and gently caress going to the gym after work.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
1900 on Saturday.

It's basically 0500.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bakalakadaka posted:

going after work is the best actually becase by that time im mad about something from work so i can lift with hate in my heart, which is the superior way to lift

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bakalakadaka posted:

This right here

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The only way I can get to the gym is by driving there instead of going home after work, gently caress leaving the house to go to the gym

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i would have to sit in awful traffic at 5pm so i just go to the gym to 7 and avoid the traffic its a pretty good routine

then i get home and eat a small animals worth of protein

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Since my job had me all over greater LA (until I quit 2 weeks ago), I'd be driving down to my gym after a 10 or 12 hour work day, total of 15 or 16 hours a day sometimes (work + gym).

Gotta keep it up.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Acelerion posted:

Ah garage lifting

It's pretty good, but it only comes once a week and they won't pick up bags over 50 lbs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Crossfit has made their annual whipping girl steroid punishment.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
That's the most effeminate male juicer I've ever seen. He really needs to balance his T a little better.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Chinatown posted:

going after work is the best actually becase by that time im mad about something from work so i can lift with hate in my heart, which is the superior way to lift

All the babes around 8-10pm also, if you guys wanna lift with 40 yr old men at 5am instead of watching some serious glute or hamstring work during rest periods thats cool

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If you still want to look at women in the gym you must not be very strong

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yeah i just look at dudes now WELP!!!!

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Late night lifter here as well. I work until 2 or 3am usually and most of the time when I get here the only car in the parking lot is the janitors. gently caress daytime lifting, especially at this gym. So awesome having this place to myself basically. Never have to wait on anyone to squat or deadlift, and no one to recoil in horror when I unleash mirror shaking farts.

Constipated fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 27, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
7pm till question mark is the best time to lift.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Sometimes I wish I could quit being a vampire and get a daytime job. But then I remember how insanely packed it gets during the afternoon, and especially between 5 and 9pm. So packed its hard to find a place to park in the gym's lot.. And then I think maybe being a vampire isn't so bad after all.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
144 4x4 today on the good ole backsquat today, drat transmition blew out on my truck!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Who wants to press with me today?

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I'm doing press and deadlifts :cool:

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Squattin, Pressin, Deadliftin.

I upped my salami intake and I am seeing ~all kinds of gains~.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
finally found a use for kettlebells. Push-ups with the 5 pounders. but standing on the handles. :twisted:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Chinatown posted:

finally found a use for kettlebells. Push-ups with the 5 pounders. but standing on the handles. :twisted:

Now find a bench and elevate your feet, do inclined pushups on those.

Super :twisted:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
In other news: Wow, that Captains of Crush trainer didn't last long. Thought I'd take the trainer and the #1 with me on my trip, but now I think I should've bought the number 2 and took 1 and 2.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
just had to stop working out because i was feeling too good... thought i was gonna start blowing up

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

God drat mosquitoes getting bad, may have to add some DEET to the pre workout.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
there are swarms of horse flys in tampa right now, more than skeeters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Got some pizza and salami going today, looking forward to those pepperoni gains.

• Locked thread