Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

IIRC Daveed is one of the big breakout stars of the show and a frontrunner for winning the Tony award. I saw him rapping some Clipping stuff on the Tonight Show, which was pretty cool

And that is awesome, but still I don't think the Tonys are on the level of the other three big awards as far as celebrity goes. Even if you're the breakout star of the hottest show on Broadway it's like, congratulations on being almost as big a name as Josh Gad.

But if you're main job otherwise is rapping in an experimental hip-hop group then that's pretty amazing! He's also Hobbes in a YouTube series that does live action takes on Calvin & Hobbes strips, which is pretty inspired casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Real talk; I'm not a huge fan of The Weeknd's solo material, as in I won't throw it in a playlist or whatever but I do not think it's bad work by any means. BUT, I'd be fuckin' lying if I said he isn't one of my favourite features to see on a track. From French Montana to Juicy J, to Future. Every single one of his features are top notch.

With that said, Is anyone here into Belly? He's only got one album(?) up on Spotify, so I'll have to look around for his full releases. Where should I start?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

leg got more hits than he does 😂

Dead

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
That Chance verse that got cut from Famous is hot

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvb_oGWzgk

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I AM BRAWW posted:

Real talk; I'm not a huge fan of The Weeknd's solo material, as in I won't throw it in a playlist or whatever but I do not think it's bad work by any means. BUT, I'd be fuckin' lying if I said he isn't one of my favourite features to see on a track. From French Montana to Juicy J, to Future. Every single one of his features are top notch.

With that said, Is anyone here into Belly? He's only got one album(?) up on Spotify, so I'll have to look around for his full releases. Where should I start?

The Weeknd solo is for either bangin ya girl or guy or the background music at a party. The guy absolutely destroys on his feats though, but I think a lot of that comes from the fact that most of them are basically his songs where the main artist guests so he sounds more natural on the hook.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

^burtle posted:

The Weeknd solo is for either bangin ya girl or guy or the background music at a party. The guy absolutely destroys on his feats though, but I think a lot of that comes from the fact that most of them are basically his songs where the main artist guests so he sounds more natural on the hook.

It's amazing the Weeknd has never had a bad feature. And he is often the best part of whatever feature he's on.

Also It's lit.

https://twitter.com/XXL/status/735911525832069120

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/05/gucci-mane-is-out-of-prison/

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 26, 2016

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Burr

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
*removes free guwop shirt, puts on free max b shirt*

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Henchman of Santa posted:

And that is awesome, but still I don't think the Tonys are on the level of the other three big awards as far as celebrity goes. Even if you're the breakout star of the hottest show on Broadway it's like, congratulations on being almost as big a name as Josh Gad.

But if you're main job otherwise is rapping in an experimental hip-hop group then that's pretty amazing! He's also Hobbes in a YouTube series that does live action takes on Calvin & Hobbes strips, which is pretty inspired casting.

Hamilton is making news in a way Broadway shows typically don't. Riggs is getting covered in Esquire, USAToday, etc.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dexo posted:

Duh it hasn't been mixed or mastered at all.

neither was anything on Coloring Book :laugh:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Hamilton is making news in a way Broadway shows typically don't. Riggs is getting covered in Esquire, USAToday, etc.

Is rap....music?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

thathonkey posted:

neither was anything on Coloring Book :laugh:

Touche.

https://twitter.com/1017_Records/status/735919767459123201
https://twitter.com/1017_Records/status/735913820997193728

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
GUCCI MANE FREE

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Today couldn't get any better

It's no coincidence I got an ice cream cone craving

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tremendous Taste posted:

Is rap....music?

Pretty much this, yea, but still

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
is gucci mane actually good or is it just funny because of his ice cream tattoo

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I just added 5 Gucci mixtapes this morning. This is great!!!! gently caress YES!

I also hit 60 days sober on drinking! HOT DOG!

I'm just going to ride around and listen to Peach Kelli Pop and Guwop.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Gucci is one of the GOATs and it is undeniable.

As a rapper, Gucci is incredibly versatile and clever. The Guccimerica "Diamonds" has one of my favorite hooks from him. He's got an amazing ear for beats and producers. He's put on a number of artists that are either huge or respected, including Young Thug, Migos, and Waka Flocka Flame. Not to mention Peewee Longway, Young Dolph.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 26, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah but it's still some corny rear end poo poo.

Like the people who rave about Hamilton on my Twitter feeds are the same people who praise Macklemore for saving rap music or whatever

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
According to this DJ Akademiks video I'm watching someone in Troy Ave's entourage was killed in that shooting

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Get In Formation Rap thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Q4s_ZdvAQ

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pis66SKownc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

please do not come at the king

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Trap God all day every day

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

What is a Hamilton and why are white people going crazy for it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

he's good put some muffuckin respect on his name rear end Catchcum

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
So you think you some tough rappers huh? This guy would gently caress all you nerds up. He's had to put up a warning on his youtube page for fucks sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I AM BRAWW posted:

was listening to evol again recently and the weekend feature was so loving good a future / weekend colab album.... god drat.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

was listening to evol again recently and the weekend feature was so loving good a future / weekend colab album.... god drat.

agreed that is a really good song. weeknd i think just needs someone to share the track with. all of his features are great that i can think of.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

Yeah man, I listened to EVOL in the car yesterday. It was real good. Purple reign not so much, save a few tracks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

^burtle posted:

What is a Hamilton and why are white people going crazy for it
Some musical about a dead President but all the songs are raps. It sounds like some out of touch history teacher making the lamest attempt at making their material appeal to students.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Some musical about a dead President but all the songs are raps. It sounds like some out of touch history teacher making the lamest attempt at making their material appeal to students.

:colbert:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Or whatever the gently caress. Dude was high up wasn't he? Haha

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Godwop

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Long Live Gucci

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So happy right now. 2016 keeps on giving

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCil-kLGkvc

Whole lotta purp, whole lotta green
Whole heap of white, large amount of beans
Got them collard greens, sell a lot of things
4 plus a 4 dawg that's a chicken wing

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Crumbletron posted:

Today couldn't get any better

It's no coincidence I got an ice cream cone craving

would it get better if i told you that troy ave cheddar bobbed himself and is getting charge with illegal possession of a firearm and attempted murder?

guwop for ave what a trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dexo posted:

Duh it hasn't been mixed or mastered at all.

chance.txt