Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I got my first legendary skin at 12, it was for Zarya. Not the cute goth look but the unfabulous winter fur. I'd still rock it if I could play her, but I'm too incompetent with her playstyle. I don't feel secure enough to tank with her without an escape mechanism, and her defense skill is too short. Help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Got my 7th loot box because I'm a lazy casual. Three Commons and a purple (Legendary?) emote for Zarya of her trying to hype up a crowd like she's a WWE Diva.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Solo matchmaking feels like it is getting worse by the day. I don't know why exactly but so many games feel completely one-sided and I'm getting poo poo like 2 Bastions on offense for a map and it is getting sort of frustrating.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

RanKizama posted:

Got my 7th loot box because I'm a lazy casual. Three Commons and a purple (Legendary?) emote for Zarya of her trying to hype up a crowd like she's a WWE Diva.

Epic. Gold is legend.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

TheTatteredKing posted:

Epic. Gold is legend.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

Any Pharrah players out there that can help me find a use for my E? Do you aim for the ground near them or do you aim at them when they are close to you? I can never seem to find a good use for it other than on a few maps with bottomless pits to try to knock enemies in to.

It's a fantastic ability, and binding it to RMB helps you use it more often.

I use it for all kinds of stuff, off the top of my head:
  • For mobility, stand next to a wall and use it to boost yourself forward
  • Dislodge snipers
  • Like you said, knock people off cliffs
  • Instantly get distance when someone gets in your face
  • Get people off the payload/capture points

I'm not actually good enough at aiming to hit people with it, so I aim for their feet mostly. For snipers and stuff, aim it at the wall behind them so they'll get knocked towards you and your teammates.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
https://gfycat.com/CraftyExhaustedKillifish

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Man, I really love the outfit on this Noire Widowmaker, but I loving hate her dreadlock hair. Why Blizz?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

RanKizama posted:

Man, I really love the outfit on this Noire Widowmaker, but I loving hate her dreadlock hair. Why Blizz?

The skins for the origin edition of the game are all really cool and worth it. I would like to see a Widowmaker skin of her pre hosed up science stuff.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

gandlethorpe posted:

Does it completely ignore Reinhardt's rectangle? :monocle:

I know it pierces target, so can it do full damage to everyone hiding behind a reintangle?

I read that trick in the open beta so it made for a strange moment on gibraltar defense on release night. I was running back from a death and a Reinhardt had snuck past the all out brawl near attacker spawn and was standing next to the cart around the corner with his shield out, waiting for his pubbies to join him. So I started chucking orbs at his center mass. It took 4 to kill him and he didn't sidestep or blink, just stood there with unerring faith in his shield. I wonder if he thought I was cheating.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

RPZip posted:

I play quite a bit of D.Va. There's two things you forgot to take into account; one is the ~25ish damage from boost, and the other is a strategy I like to call "Press the E button". You don't have to hold it for the full duration but your enemies have to deal with annoying things like reload times and you don't, which helps quite a bit. With that said if you attack a Soldier 76 head-on you're probably going to lose the mech just from the damage he puts out plus incidental fire, but you should also be able to finish him with your pilot form which ends with you alive and him not.

I dunno, being able to move while firing would be extremely nice for her but she's still fairly good at being an rear end in a top hat to the enemy team. Next time you give her a spin try flying at isolated enemies, throwing some damage and then using the defense matrix before either finishing them off or disengaging to go gobble up some health packs with your boost before coming back for round two. Play her like a tanky Tracer.

Other stuff: you also don't have to just go for isolated squishies, DVa straight up beats a lot of other tanks -- Roadhog and Reinhardt especially. Even if they hit you with their shift skills if you're just shooting them up close you'll win 9/10, and if your mech does die you can finish them on foot.

Which is another thing that I think is under-utilized on D.Va -- when she's in pilot mode she does a ton of damage with hardly any (no?) drop off, so if there's a Bastion to kill or easy targets it can sometimes be worthwhile to just pew pew from way the gently caress away before turning back into a mech. You can also just straight up kill people like Reaper/McCree if they misuse their abilities or try and fight you at medium range (or tanks as they try and close).

You can also boost into enemies to knock them off ledges, like a more badass Lucio -- just make sure not to jump off yourself.

Her damage can definitely feel underwhelming at range in mech form, but she can pretty much always choose fights and if she can't outduel someone 90% of the time you can run away as a pilot and get out a bunch of dps.

Also her emotes are cute and Junker/Junebug are dope skins. Definitely have noticed as I start playing with more skilled people that her ult becomes more and more a zoning tool rather than something that'll get a bunch of kills, but hey.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Szcwczuk posted:

I would like to see a Widowmaker skin of her pre hosed up science stuff.
:shepspends:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Guess who JUST figured out you have to hold down the space bar to make Mercy glide on her wings?
its me. I'm the :downs:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Dva might be able to beat a Roadhog one on one but I'll almost always chain a Dva into my entire team with Roadhog. He can remove her ability to approach a fight on her terms, which is why I'd probably give the matchup to Roadhog most times.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Guess who JUST figured out you have to hold down the space bar to make Mercy glide on her wings?
its me. I'm the :downs:

I didn't know this...thanks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Szcwczuk posted:

I would like to see a Widowmaker skin of her pre hosed up science stuff.

:effort:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Did that dva vs soldier math take rockets into account?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bogart posted:

Who's y'all's favorite 'Alright, Time To Quit Fuckin' Around' hero? For me, it's usually Lucio because the team sucks at healing and I can make more of a difference keeping everyone barely alive than taking out one idiot OOP as Widowmaker..

Bastion because nobody can handle Reinhardht

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

Bastion because nobody can handle Reinhardht

Lastgirl I want to thank you for teaching me the ways of nice meltdown. :3:

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

Mr.PayDay posted:

Attacking against 6 Torbjörns that lock down just everything is the same fun like cutting your own skin with scissors.

Pharah pretty much shits on turrets all day long, especially if they don't have a Widowmaker to pick you off while you rain sweet justice from above.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

flashman posted:

How do I get the stats board or whatever up so I can see my team/enemy team kills and poo poo like that?

assuming you mean the kill feed, it's somewhere in the options menu.

if you mean an actual scoreboard, well, i have bad news friend

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Ckwiesr posted:

Foud this last night:

Same here.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HardDisk posted:

Lastgirl I want to thank you for teaching me the ways of nice meltdown. :3:

lol ya its a thing now :3:

yw~ :h:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
e: oops, removing names

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Countblanc posted:

assuming you mean the kill feed, it's somewhere in the options menu.

if you mean an actual scoreboard, well, i have bad news friend

Ya lack of scoreboard is garbage

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there anyway to rotate structures built by Torbon and Symmetra?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Beauty doesnt matter in games that last 10m.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Thumbtacks posted:

Same here.

Alt+z will remove the ui and make your bird robot man picture cooler. :)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Your Computer posted:

• Dislodge snipers

I'm not actually good enough at aiming to hit people with it, so I aim for their feet mostly. For snipers and stuff, aim it at the wall behind them so they'll get knocked towards you and your teammates.

Beat me to it. Also every once in a while you can use it to blast someone away from a medkit if they're going for it midfight.

Sometimes I'll rocket jump with it upon leaving spawn, carry the trajectory with jetpack for a little bit and then when it's nearly burnt out, use shift, keep moving forward, and reuse jetpack on the way down. Or swap the order if I have something handy to concussion blast off of and the map is small enough that my shift wouldn't have recharged by the time I reach the fight.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 26, 2016

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Szcwczuk posted:

How long is the leaver penalty?

You have to have played 90% of your last 20 games, and any game you leave counts whatever time between the point you left and the end as "not played". Leaving during the hero selection phase counts as leaving for this purpose (i.e., make sure you leave a match but the time the load screen for the next map appears or the whole thing will count).

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Big L posted:

Pharah pretty much shits on turrets all day long, especially if they don't have a Widowmaker to pick you off while you rain sweet justice from above.

Yeah but torbjorn's turret is just a distraction you set up to make it easier to rivet snipe and get to that sweet sweet molten core 😎

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I was Zenyatta just now and used my ult to save 4 of my teammates and myself from a Mei ult + Hanzo ult wombo combo that would have killed us all. Then we won the teamfight and finished the game.

...Play of the game was a Reaper getting two kills.

...My play wasn't even saved to my highlights.

:negative:

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Elman posted:

I was Zenyatta

Blizzard hates Zenyatta

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spiros posted:

i think it's so you don't get fixated on your k/d ratio/shaming teammates

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Knowing how bad your teammates are is important

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
https://gfycat.com/LazyPaltryHarvestmen

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I prefer no scoreboard. It just enables whiners

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Spiros posted:

Its pretty nice, no one has tried to inform me how lovely my K/D/A is.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
salt/autism post coming up :buddy:

Played a fun Mei game, guy on the other team disagreed

rather then argue or ignore complaints about Mei being OP, I challenged him

he lost pretty hard and I got POTG, the guy telling someone to lynch themselves over picking a character in a video game tried to play the "u mad" card

and a mediocre potg wherein he dies to wrap things up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1-werxfpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Your Computer posted:

• Dislodge snipers

All of this. I use it constantly, both offensively and defensively. Another fun use is to knock an enemy Mercy forward toward your team. I also use it to knock her backwards when she's following a tank who is charging in, and immediately capitalize on the confusion of the player to rain rockets down on her head.

Also, use Pharah on Lijiang Towers always. There are SO many opportunities to knock people off the map. In this match 6 of my eliminations came from knocking people off the map (mostly on the section with narrow bridges)

Pharah is the Best Character (tm) for folks like me who played tons of UT/Tribes/Quake