Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Read through it again because its such a good chapter and I'm calling it now Big Mam wants to eat Luffy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Read through it again because its such a good chapter and I'm calling it now Big Mam wants to eat Luffy

Didn't she say she was gonna do this whole talking to Luffy via snail on FMI?

Also Big Mam looks like Giolla.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

The only way this could be more obvious is if Oda did a two page spread with nothing but that written on it. She's singing about making jam out of human blood and poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's huge, so she wants a big piece of gum-gum to chew on, it's simple as that

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I really hope the majority of Tot Land is rather nice and Big Mom doesn't really get of the peace in her kingdom.

Edit: Chocolatetier Nami is going to sell gangbusters in merch

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Captain Invictus posted:

She's huge, so she wants a big piece of gum-gum to chew on, it's simple as that

Yo ho ho she took a bite of Gum-Gum

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Captain Invictus posted:

I will be significantly bummed out if she turns out to be moustache-twirlingly evil, she's got a good gimmick already with wanting to be a great patissier especially considering who she's to be wed to. If they came on board as a married couple that'd be rad.

Is she not complacent with her mother killing and possibly eating people?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Xelkelvos posted:

Did you miss the panels where she sings about the ingredients and there's the fallen bodies of the people of those lands protecting it? Her candy utopia is literally built on the plundered resources of various islands. That's already pretty messed up in its own right. There's probably more on top of it, but the tip of the iceberg that's already shown is pretty large in its own right.

I'd be charitable in the utopian aspect though in that it's probably more of an egalitarian thing where she doesn't care about race, only about the best. (and if they taste great too, then double the value!)

Big Mam and her fairytale land is probably a shout out to Mother Goose with a touch of the witch from Hansel and Gretel.

That was taken for granted as garden-variety villainy. :v:

I'm talking about next-level poo poo like wanting to eat jam from human blood and cannibalism. That's kind of new in One Piece (not counting Wapol who did it for comedic effect).

Big Mom definitely has to have a weird devil fruit power of some kind. Maybe she eats people then reincarnates them as singing inanimate objects through her powers? Either way, Big Mom is confirmed for next arc villain and will be coming up really super quickly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yo ho ho she took a bite of Gum-Gum
Yep you got it!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I haven't been posting here as often as when I hated One Piece for a bit and it's because everything is awesome about this and I love it.

Thanks for listening

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece was always good, friend

Not this good, but

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I haven't been posting here as often as when I hated One Piece for a bit and it's because everything is awesome about this and I love it.

Thanks for listening

Why'd you hate One Piece for a while, friend? :)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Why'd you hate One Piece for a while, friend? :)

I didn't like a lot of Dressrosa, as I made quite vocal.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I didn't like a lot of Dressrosa, as I made quite vocal.

I thought that would be the case, which is understandable. Sorry but I don't meticulously note who specifically has grievances about what though.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm the amoeba boy hanging out with Pudding

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I thought that would be the case, which is understandable. Sorry but I don't meticulously note who specifically has grievances about what though.

I just thought people might remember because I got yelled at. :(

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I really don't think Pudding is going to be evil. She's probably aware that her mother does bad things but is sheltered from the worst of it, like all fictional mob daughters.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I just thought people might remember because I got yelled at. :(

I once hated One Piece too. Back when the Alabasta arc ended, I got really annoyed thinking that Oda would never cash in on all the stuff he set up. There was no way..we were never going to get anywhere, it was just going to spin on its wheels forever. I was wrong.

Welcome back, friend!

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
A small part of me hopes this ends up like that one episode of courage the cowardly dog where the villains weren't actually eating people but making hamburgers that looked like customers. I know is probably not gonna happen but I think it'd be a neat twist that big mom isn't actually eating anybody.

It's that or her crew and citizens are actually evil and totally down with cannibalism

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like Dressrosa a whole lot even if it did drag a bunch but w/e

Usopp is just so great in that arc, I'm sorry

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nami's new outfit is extremely cute

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A small part of me hopes this ends up like that one episode of courage the cowardly dog where the villains weren't actually eating people but making hamburgers that looked like customers. I know is probably not gonna happen but I think it'd be a neat twist that big mom isn't actually eating anybody.

It's that or her crew and citizens are actually evil and totally down with cannibalism
regardless they're still pillaging various locations for their ingredients

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Sanji's fiancée is Tien with tits.

I thought this arc was going to be a take on Alice in Wonderland, but after seeing that carpet I think we are getting an evil Disney themed crew.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

God I love the One Piece dub trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb4iUAuqbIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-figQeLkAw

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Crazyeyes posted:

Didn't she say she was gonna do this whole talking to Luffy via snail on FMI?

Also Big Mam looks like Giolla.

Big Mam looks like Yubaba from Spirited Away

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Every arc must have it's Enel Face. Plus Nami's here to figure out that Luffy is naturally immune to her eating power, because you can't digest gum*.

*this is a truth in fiction.

The only one's singing about the positives of cannibalism are her hosed up Toontown and her freaking band.

This is evil. They're going to trick so many people into watching the horrors of Marineford filler.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

There's something about the english dub that makes me really uncomfortable. I guess it's weird to hear a Mihawk sound like an underpaid young guy trying his best to put on a serious cooldudemanadultguy voice.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Big Mam wasn't actually making people into food, just robbing people blind, yeah?

Last page was throwing me off so I'm not 100% sure

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Big Mam wasn't actually making people into food, just robbing people blind, yeah?

Last page was throwing me off so I'm not 100% sure

She's been shown eating people before and they were singing about jam made of human blood. I'd say her making people into food is fairly likely.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm hoping it's not really common for her, like it's the 5th most likely thing she eats instead of the 2nd

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She's been shown eating people before and they were singing about jam made of human blood. I'd say her making people into food is fairly likely.

Oh Big Mam tots eats people, I'm not debating that, just that from what I read in the chapter all I saw was people in different food lands being murdered for their produce. The jam being made from human blood thing could also just be code for "Big Mam is really loving metal and this is going to get ugly" too.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 27, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Brook's turban is pretty cool.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh Big Mam tots eats people, I'm not debating that, just that from what I read in the chapter all I saw was people in different food lands being murdered for their produce. The jam being made from human blood thing could also just be code for "Big Mam is really loving metal and this is going to get ugly" too.

That's how I read it. They were singing in a Q&A style and Big Mom's answer was basically "I don't care what the jam is, just loving get it so we can have a tea party from hell" :black101: All the other ingredients were definitely pillaged from those various places.

The first sight of Nami you get in this chapter has perfect placement in a browser window because her feet are just out of view so you naturally look left to see her ask where Brook is. Then you scroll down a bit and there he was all along just chilling with a cup of coffee and taking in the view. But he doesn't have any eyes! :yohoho:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Speaking of that scene and forcing people to go back and read the chapter for a panel, I cannot wait for them to fight the swordswomen with the worlds longest sun hat

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just realized that Luffy and Chopper are probably only wearing turbans on top of their hats because they thought it looked cool on the cop guy who was yelling at them for eating the cafe.

Though the swordswoman with the giant brimmed sun hat seems to imply Smoker and Tashigi are gonna show up at some point in this arc.

Is Big Mom the first pirate to wear a literal pirate hat with a skull and crossbones on it?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Pudding is definitely tricking the Strawhats, whether the entire wedding is a ploy cooked up by Germa 66 and Big Mom remains to be seen. It's possible she plans to crush the SHs and Germa just wants Sanji back or spared. Or maybe, since Sanji is definitely leaving with the SHs, Germa is in on it so much they don't even care if he dies, and they're just looking for the relationship with Big Mom. Big Mom already knows Luffy has arrived, so someone is tipping her off, likely Pudding.

I love that we didn't get a nameplate for Pudding, because she's not giving her real name. A clever play on Oda's own style of introducing characters. She'll probably get one when the wool is pulled. Very self-aware, interesting, and funny chapter. Oda does it again?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Advice posted:

Pudding is definitely tricking the Strawhats, whether the entire wedding is a ploy cooked up by Germa 66 and Big Mom remains to be seen. It's possible she plans to crush the SHs and Germa just wants Sanji back or spared. Or maybe, since Sanji is definitely leaving with the SHs, Germa is in on it so much they don't even care if he dies, and they're just looking for the relationship with Big Mom. Big Mom already knows Luffy has arrived, so someone is tipping her off, likely Pudding.

I love that we didn't get a nameplate for Pudding, because she's not giving her real name. A clever play on Oda's own style of introducing characters. She'll probably get one when the wool is pulled. Very self-aware, interesting, and funny chapter. Oda does it again?

I'm actually betting the little Jello dude is the informant. Dude has a little mobster fedora and everything. He is definitely Pudding's watcher or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Lets be honest, other than Robin the Strawhats are pretty much incapable of not making a scene. Plus they've got walking skeleton Brook and Luffy, who will tell anyone who asks not only his name but his goal in life, walking around. Also Luffy and Chopper just ate a damned cafe.

So between that, various warning systems, and Sanji's family, it'd be way more surprising if Big Mom didn't know they were here.

Besides, I'm now invested in Pudding and Sanji's sham relationship and want them to get married and cook all the food that Luff and the crew could eat. Only not have Sanji be a subordinate of Big Mom via marriage. Maybe they can be engaged until Luffy becomes the Pirate King and they have a lovely wedding in the Baratie while it floats in All Blue. Pudding gave Luffy food, so we know that he'll destroy anything that fucks with her from this point onward.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 27, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like that eating the buildings is actually the legit way of disposing of them and that apparently happens all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

I like that eating the buildings is actually the legit way of disposing of them and that apparently happens all the time

Yeah, I really like this land that the crew has set foot on.

There's just so much going on.

I loved Dresserosa but the novelty of toys sorta fell flat because only one really mattered, and most of the island's unique points were pushed aside for the Colo and the Doflamingo reveal. It was more about the darkness hiding under the country that the island's unique points, which were more an aspect of Doffy's regime than King Riku's regime, I felt.