Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Jack Gladney posted:

There's also The Last Generation, which isn't strictly gay gestapo, but the gestapo are gay and they come for you if you're straight and haven't been divorced. Also pagan and Catholic because America is ruled by a filthy Irish-descended papist who makes Christianity illegal somehow. It's like a greatest hits album for him.

There's also a series of them about this disturbed little girl named Lil' Suzy who is taken in by her weird eyepatch grandpa after her mother dies and her dad runs away, and she's really got it out for adulterers and gays, and muslims, much to the chagrin of liberated woman teacher who's always trying to explain that human rights are for everyone.

haha oh my god, I'm reading The Last Generation now and I can't stop laughing.

I hate you Suzy, you and your huge Margaret Keane eyes. No Eyepatch Grandpa though, I just found the one where she's talking to some blonde kid and converting her to Chick Christianity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Infamous Sphere posted:

haha oh my god, I'm reading The Last Generation now and I can't stop laughing.

I hate you Suzy, you and your huge Margaret Keane eyes. No Eyepatch Grandpa though, I just found the one where she's talking to some blonde kid and converting her to Chick Christianity.

I believe you'll find it's called Chickianity.

I love Chick Tracts so much. Once I found someone giving them out on the street and I was so ecstatic to get a real one. They're just so awful on such an amazing level.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm actually shocked by how thick Aurinis skin is. I'm genuinely surprised that he hasn't tried to sue anyone ripping on him like the dickhead that's suing h3h3productions.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Testekill posted:

I'm actually shocked by how thick Aurinis skin is. I'm genuinely surprised that he hasn't tried to sue anyone ripping on him like the dickhead that's suing h3h3productions.

I think it's more a matter of if he even tried, every single lawyer he'd take a case to would laugh his rear end out of their office, or off the phone, or into the trash folder of their email inbox because the man is a walking joke. Or he's just too lazy and incompetent to actually file a proper lawsuit against anyone. See: Jordan Owen's fizzled out faceplant "lawsuit" against David Futrelle that never made it past one barely coherent entry on Owen's Twitter feed.

E: Aw hell, if there's anyone Owen of all people should be actually suing it's Aurini for taking him to the cleaners on The Sarkeesian Effect catastrofuck and the slander and liable Aurini leveled against him in various venues when their partnership imploded.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 26, 2016

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Owen did, in fact, sue Aurini. Successfully too, I believe. That's why Aurini's version of the Sarkeesian effect couldn't use a bunch of footage or the name.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Hbomberguy posted:

Owen did, in fact, sue Aurini. Successfully too, I believe. That's why Aurini's version of the Sarkeesian effect couldn't use a bunch of footage or the name.

Did anyone even watch The Sarkeezy effect? My mind is still racked from the fact that people gave them money to make it. Like, I have no idea what a "documentary" by those chucklefucks would even look like.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I watched Doug''s video and while he just doesn't get it on some points it's just kinda bland, really. I was expecting a lot worse but it's just... kinda there and doesn't say anything of substance.

Archer666 posted:

Did anyone even watch The Sarkeezy effect? My mind is still racked from the fact that people gave them money to make it. Like, I have no idea what a "documentary" by those chucklefucks would even look like.

It's really loving boring and badly put together. Although Aurini does know all the shortcuts so it's hard to imagine why it turned out so bad.
I just love the fact that they thought this was gonna turn out like something Werner Herzog put together or Hearts of Darkness, up there in that pantheon of poo poo people always talk about as the gold standards for how to do a documentary.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tracula posted:

I watched Doug''s video and while he just doesn't get it on some points it's just kinda bland, really. I was expecting a lot worse but it's just... kinda there and doesn't say anything of substance.

It's really loving boring and badly put together. Although Aurini does know all the shortcuts so it's hard to imagine why it turned out so bad.
I just love the fact that they thought this was gonna turn out like something Werner Herzog put together or Hearts of Darkness, up there in that pantheon of poo poo people always talk about as the gold standards for how to do a documentary.

Wasn't their big revelation that her PO box address is actually a PO box address? Or was that just one of them?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I hadn't heard about that. The only thing I remember is that Davis was sure that Anita was raped by her father because of reasons. I know Jordan, even when they were still friends, wanted no loving part in that.

Does Aurini have any friends? Honest question. Thunderfoot roasted him pretty hard in a video and I'm pretty sure there's bad blood with Sargon as well.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Max Wilco posted:

Here's a question I've seen no one else ask: Who's playing Batou?

Richard Epcar is the only choice. I don't care if he looks nothing like Batou, he has the voice.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Infamous Sphere posted:

Oh wait, SIN CITY is probably the one you're thinking of, where the poor christian gets bashed up by the evil gays and then charged with a hate crime and then there's a gay priest who looks like Recent Boy George and so on and so on.

I don't remember that Frank Miller comic.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tracula posted:

Does Aurini have any friends? Honest question. Thunderfoot roasted him pretty hard in a video and I'm pretty sure there's bad blood with Sargon as well.

Allies of convenience, yes, but actual friends? Nah. He doesn't seem to be capable of expressing any form of positive emotion that isn't rooted in a kernel of "gently caress you, got mine" oneupsmanship.

Also, let's not forgot that Thunderf00t and Sargon don't actually disagree with anything he says or believes, they hate him because he's making the alt-right look like a joke by being a clown... while not realizing they're also being clowns through their also cartoonish antics.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Allies of convenience, yes, but actual friends? Nah. He doesn't seem to be capable of expressing any form of positive emotion that isn't rooted in a kernel of "gently caress you, got mine" oneupsmanship.

Also, let's not forgot that Thunderf00t and Sargon don't actually disagree with anything he says or believes, they hate him because he's making the alt-right look like a joke by being a clown... while not realizing they're also being clowns through their also cartoonish antics.

They also associate with the EDL, they are associating with terrorists and neonazis. Even Aurini understood that if anti feminism and alt right get associated with fascism and neonazis, the whole gig is kablooey.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Annointed posted:

They also associate with the EDL, they are associating with terrorists and neonazis. Even Aurini understood that if anti feminism and alt right get associated with fascism and neonazis, the whole gig is kablooey.

Yeah, Aurini is only a white nationalist on paper.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
There's a new AVGN episode on Paperboy for NES.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Obligatory.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Tracula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUdQpuVRtw

Not watched it yet but Doug made a video called "Is White Washing Really Still a Thing?"

Dis gon be gud.

Is Doug going to make a video called "Is Doug making a video that Last Week Tonight made 3 months called 'Is Whitewashing Still a Thing' still a thing?"

Because Last Week Tonight literally did a video called "Why is White Washing Still a Thing" 3 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

ElNarez posted:

because last week tonight got an easy three million views doing the exact same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebG4TO_xss

I accept my ninja with graceful defeat and honor.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Billy & Lime are everything that the world needs

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Agreed.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Hbomberguy posted:

It's the best vodka I've ever tasted. In other words, drink it with coke or something else to drown out the terrible taste that all vodka always has because it's poison!

Fun production fact: The vodka was a gift. Neither the buyer nor myself knew the Ghostbusters connection until people had pointed it out after the video went live. It's an amazing, wonderful coincidence and I have no clue how it happened or how I didn't realise it. It's such a good reference that the fact I didn't actually think of it is going to haunt me forever!

Haha, that's great. Your video was excellent, by the way.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

I didn't think I'd be into his stuff anymore, but this one really resonated with me. I loved and hated that game as a kid. And him trying to throw newspapers from a bike to a mailbox or break windows with them in real life was pretty great. I just try to ignore him when he goes into diarrhea-poopoo-poo poo-poopy mode. He has some genuinely funny rants, but you can tell there's an obligation to toss in potty humor overdrive.

This makes me want to break out the emulator and see if I'm still as horrible at it as I used to be.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Wrestling with Wregret has been doing a few wrestling movies lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaLm3Ld9Ma4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUl5AmWAeSA

No Holds Barred which is an infamous Hulk Hogan vehicle produced by the WWE and See No Evil which is certainly a film that exists.

edit: His next video is on the Brawl for All tournament which should be amazing. If you've never heard of it, Brawl for All was an attempt by the WWF to cash in on the growing popularity of UFC where they'd have people legit beat the poo poo out of each other and it was such a horrible idea.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 27, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Great, I was enjoying a Night Mind video on Twin Peaks and Content ID got in the way of it. Annoying too, even when it comes back up, sic ethe video was basically "how to get twin peaks: the movie."

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Tracula posted:

Doug's editorials really undercut the whole "it's just a character" excuse he uses, since he does them as the NC.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
For anyone who cares about Fair Use on Youtube, H3H3 is getting sued for making fun of a weird macho parkour guy. The guy threatened them for $4000 and demanded an apology video and that they promote his channel or he'd sue them. It's completely within Fair Use but for some reason it's going to court and it's up to the jury and judge. Those two free legal defense channels started a GoFundMe account to help with Ethan and HIla's legal defense and bunch of big Youtube personalities (Markiplier, PewDiePie, Boogie, Leafy, IHE, just a ton of people) donated to it.

The result is $120,000+ raised for their court case. Since they're not going to use all that money they decided to use to overflow to create the Fair Use Protection Account which will go towards protecting channels from bullying situations like this. They put $5,300 of their own money back into the account to show their own support for it.

Anyway, that's this video in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix4mTekl3MM

I expect Doug will be following suit too once someone casually mentions it to him at lunch three months from now.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

MrSlam posted:

(Markiplier, PewDiePie, Boogie, Leafy, IHE, just a ton of people) donated to it.

To me it's really worth mentioning that Leafy and The Fine Brothers donated. Even after H3H3 raked them over the coals they know that there's bigger issues at play now, and in the case of The Fine Bros they probably know they hosed up, so very, very minor props to them for that.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Annointed posted:

You'd think so.

At this point the alt-right have finally figured out that even by masquerading as 'the rational ones', they aren't convincing anyone other than weird fuckers and actual, ACTUAL, ACTUAL loving Nazis. So the best way to accrue followers and attention is to lean as hard into it as possible.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

I can't believe these Nazis may control the fate of--

wait, that actually happened. nevermind.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So Night Mind just posted a breakdown of Twin Peaks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKkrrtwnjU8

I wanna watch it but one, i'm kind of on a horror detox right now and two, I wan't to watch Twin Peaks for myself. I keep hearing how good this show is.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

So Night Mind just posted a breakdown of Twin Peaks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKkrrtwnjU8

I wanna watch it but one, i'm kind of on a horror detox right now and two, I wan't to watch Twin Peaks for myself. I keep hearing how good this show is.

He doesn't really spoil the bestest parts, plus it's half production side and half explaining what David Lynch does as a director.

Having 4 people try to content ID his stuff and him having little way to fight back is still bullshit.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Testekill posted:

edit: His next video is on the Brawl for All tournament which should be amazing. If you've never heard of it, Brawl for All was an attempt by the WWF to cash in on the growing popularity of UFC where they'd have people legit beat the poo poo out of each other and it was such a horrible idea.

Yeah, this was something else. Here was just a few of the details.

-- Vince was really high on "Dr. Death" Steve Williams because he had a rep as a major tough guy, and thought he would easily win the tournament. The apparent plan was that they'd use Williams' win to launch him into a title feud with Steve Austin.

-- In the semifinals, Williams got knocked out by Bart Gunn, a totally forgettable midcarder. Bart went on to win the tournament and Williams did nothing else of note in the WWF.

-- Nearly everyone in the tourney got hurt for real and had to miss significant TV time. It also led to bad blood in the locker room because, you know, wrestling isn't supposed to be real and a lot of dudes were bitter at being shown up.

-- After winning the tournament, Bart Gunn got booked in another Brawl For All match at the next WrestleMania ... against legit boxer Butterbean, who KOed him in 35 seconds. There's a theory that Vince did this to punish Bart for ruining Williams' push, a theory that's supported by Bart getting fired from the company shortly afterwards.

So yeah, total clusterfuck all around.

Benne fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 28, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Benne posted:

-- Vince was really high on "Dr. Death" Steve Williams because he had a rep as a major tough guy, and thought he would easily win the tournament. The apparent plan was that they'd use Williams' win to launch him into a title feud with Steve Austin.

-- In the semifinals, Williams got knocked out by Bart Gunn, a totally forgettable midcarder. Bart went on to win the tournament and Williams did nothing else of note in the WWF.

-- Nearly everyone in the tourney got hurt for real and had to miss significant TV time. It also led to bad blood in the locker room because, you know, wrestling isn't supposed to be real and a lot of dudes were bitter at being shown up.

-- After winning the tournament, Bart Gunn got booked in another Brawl For All match at the next WrestleMania ... against legit boxer Butterbean, who KOed him in 35 seconds. There's a theory that Vince did this to punish Bart for ruining Williams' push, a theory that's supported by Bart getting fired from the company shortly afterwards.

Even funnier is that Butterbean was going in with the assumption that the fight was going to be worked and has been open about the fact that he would have put over Gunn.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Annointed posted:

He doesn't really spoil the bestest parts, plus it's half production side and half explaining what David Lynch does as a director.

Having 4 people try to content ID his stuff and him having little way to fight back is still bullshit.

gently caress, that sucks. I think he has enough of a fanbase now that he could do a Pateron. I would give him money.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

at least Bart got a pretty nice career in Japan out of it (being the guy who knocked out Steve Williams got him a lot of cache over there)

LFK
Jan 5, 2013

Archer666 posted:

https://storify.com/FoldableHuman/the-sarkeesian-effect

Pretty much imagine a documentary. Now imagine the opposite. That's TSE.

The whole thing is riddled with technical flaws, the editing borders on non-existent, and there's huge chunks of interviews that were left in because the people interviewed were Patreon backers. The dude who goes on about Wikipedia edit wars and the guy who ends up talking about Rob Ford were both interviewed because they were financial supporters of the project.

And it's unbearably long.

The weird thing is that you can kinda tell that Jordan Owen had started to internalize a lot of the flaws people were mocking the preview footage for, because he tried to throw in things like blocking out logos and trying to re-frame around crap like mirrors, but still completely missed everyone taking bets that the thing was going to end up being hilariously long.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nazis. I hate these guys.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I wonder what Aurini thought of Green Room.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

prahanormal posted:

I wonder what Aurini thought of Green Room.

Patrick Stewart didn't carry around a toy skull so he thought it was inaccurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Bennet's new Anime Abandon episode is extremely Fooly-Cooly :allears:.

• Locked thread