Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you don't think enemies being able to spawn at the start of morr was a problem then you probably never had them spawn so early that they were hitting you before the intro even finished, which was absolutely possible.

Bugfixes look good if mostly pretty small

e: Patch notes on previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Nope, never happened to me, but I always commented on how silly it was that two packmasters were running around downstairs before we've even grabbed the first items and opened the gate.

Also I just realized I forgot entirely about the Quest board poo poo they wanted to do. Not a single mention of that anywhere. Guess they screwed the pooch.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 26, 2016

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That's a separate patch that they said was still in the works.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They said on their first stream that was dedicated to it that it wouldn't be out this month and probably not early next month.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
I remembered this game yesterday and reinstalled it, was happy to see it working. Had fun playing a few rounds.

Then today the patch hits and the game's unplayable again :v:. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I suspect the elf's behind everything, somehow.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I started the game after the patch and it was fine. Verify integrity. If not, reinstall.

Anyway, I'm buying the maps. You can join the Goonintide chat to get in on this without buying the maps yourself. All I can guarantee is you getting to play the maps.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

"Fixed an issue with enemies hitting through floors and walls" Oh thank god

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

When does the DLC release?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When they learn how time works. I imagine in the next 25 minutes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thirty minutes or so?

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Digirat posted:

If you don't think enemies being able to spawn at the start of morr was a problem then you probably never had them spawn so early that they were hitting you before the intro even finished, which was absolutely possible.

I've gotten hooked by a Packmaster before the match actually started.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The castle map is really good can't find the grims though.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Avenging Dentist posted:

I've gotten hooked by a Packmaster before the match actually started.

Getting bitchslapped by Roger on Engines of War during the cinematic intro is like a rite of passage.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

If you are in the Goonintide vermintide group chat you can join the DLC maps by joining me ROIGHT NOW.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Backhand posted:

Getting bitchslapped by Roger on Engines of War during the cinematic intro is like a rite of passage.

Bonus points if he throws the whole lot of you into the water.

Weirdoman
Jun 12, 2001

I was walking down the street when I saw a bovus. And then it hit me...I was hit by a bovus.
Does the enter-escape trick still work to move around during the opening cinematic? A bit awkward to fight roger like that but at least you can move around.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's a sale and free weekend tell your friends and then drag them into cataclysm white rat

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jesus christ the Repeater Pistol just exterminates roger.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I wonder if that Ratling Gunner shooting-at-walls fix will also indirectly fix the bots derping out while a gunner is firing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ratlings definitely still shoot at you through walls although I haven't seen their bullets go through walls yet

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Zephro posted:

I wonder if that Ratling Gunner shooting-at-walls fix will also indirectly fix the bots derping out while a gunner is firing.

I can safely report that issue wasn't fixed at all.

And there are a slew of whole new problems with this patch...but they are quite beneficial.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Night10194 posted:

Jesus christ the Repeater Pistol just exterminates roger.

How are you using it to accomplish that?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

How are you using it to accomplish that?

Power potion, magdump as hard as you can. It'll often put him down before the potion runs out.

InsaneMurmur
May 30, 2010
DLC maps are pretty cool, I made a video about where to find the grims/tomes on Castle Drachenfels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuNo0p9dFAU

Found two grims and one tome on the dungeons, let me know if you find the other two tomes so i can get started on the next video.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Power potion, magdump as hard as you can. It'll often put him down before the potion runs out.

So no screwing around with its charge-up, just clicking like it was paying you money? Cool, I'll have to give that a try later.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Have they fixed the invisible rats yet? I stopped playing after losing like three rounds because of those fuckin things

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I got a solid group to join for running Cataclysm on Drachenfels. It was by far the most intense, rough experience I've ever had in this game, and that's saying a lot. The waves at the 3 statues part intensify over time and force you to move super fast. The amount of storm vermin is ridiculous, but we pulled it off. We failed two runs, one because I got greedy and left the guy who just joined to die, but he was cool with it. Then the 2nd run they got cleaved by a drop down stormvermin, but I was, unbelievably, able to rally and get the statues in and move on and almost save them, but a gas rat hucked 3 bombs on us as I revived them at the start of a fresh swarm. I was so in the zone it was loving incredible, my hands are still shaking. I figure they got rallied by my attempt to save them over like 7 minutes of pure chaos and survival they stuck for the third and ultimately victorious run. We lost half the tomes & grims but damnit we loving pulled through, even with the regrowth bug slowing my movement speed to a crawl! I myself carried the last tome & grim to safety.

I have to admit this is all thanks to the Hagbane again. In fact, they made it better somehow, the Hagbane fires at the rate of an A10 warthog's main gun, the charge attack is way faster and it's loving incredible. My winning recipe was Sword & dagger with extra stamina, attack speed, and instant kill, this Hagbane had regrowth, scavenger, hail of doom. I was just massacring.

This run also taught me something. That I am either very unlucky or there is no red versions of the new weapons, because the loot list didn't contain either of them. I still have yet to see the Volley Bow or Glaive in the list. Why the hell aren't they in the shrine come on Fatshark.

Oh and I also learned today that damage you deal to teammates also counts for the damage dealt stat :laffo:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 27, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Has anyone gotten any of the new weapons yet?

Also, the crazy portal level is loving intense for a short level.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The Hagbane is absolutely ludicrous as far as overall effectiveness and it honestly messes with me that it is so powerful. It feels outright bad to play with since it feels like cheating, and it feels bad to play with it on your team because anyone who knows enough to equip the hagbane in the first place knows enough to butcher entire hordes with it, no input from you.

At first I thought it was just Lune playing more hours of this game than anyone sane ever would, but nope, run into 3 hagbane pubbies over the last couple of weeks and they all suck the fun right out of the game the same as a bolt staff wizard.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The hagbane makes me feel bad too but that's when it instantly downs me because the elf shot me in the back

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Lunethex posted:

I can safely report that issue wasn't fixed at all.
:negative:

One day...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Coolguye posted:

The Hagbane is absolutely ludicrous as far as overall effectiveness and it honestly messes with me that it is so powerful. It feels outright bad to play with since it feels like cheating, and it feels bad to play with it on your team because anyone who knows enough to equip the hagbane in the first place knows enough to butcher entire hordes with it, no input from you.

At first I thought it was just Lune playing more hours of this game than anyone sane ever would, but nope, run into 3 hagbane pubbies over the last couple of weeks and they all suck the fun right out of the game the same as a bolt staff wizard.

Key difference being I need to know where to plant shots to make my ammo count, account for drop, be able to snipe, be aware of everything around me at all times, and avoid teammates. Trueflight negates the need for these traits. I argue what sucked the fun out of the game was that I've become so ruthlessly efficient. If the hagbane gets nerfed it's basically game over for the elf. It's the only reliable way to deal with Stormvermin and ogre. The other bows can't compete and they won't make them. If you've seen the amount of Stormvermin on those DLC maps...

Also, the decision of Fatshark's to put those new weapons only in the maps has gotten to me. I feel like I'm being cheated out of this stuff because I have not seen a glaive in 30+ runs on the list, and the only volleybow I got to see was loving GREEN, there was no way I was going to roll for that because I go for the tomes & grims, as does everyone else. This is loving dumb. This is beside the point of how common the crashes in this game are. I almost feel like if someone in the group doesn't own the DLC then it won't put it on the list, I can't understand it either way. Statistically this is improbable as gently caress to have not even seen it, but because Nightmare Grim + Tome is the best way for oranges, I will almost always roll at least a 5 which is usually an orange, so anything less is superfluous.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 27, 2016

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Digirat posted:

The hagbane makes me feel bad too but that's when it instantly downs me because the elf shot me in the back

Well, maybe you should watch your step. Lumberfoot.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Digirat posted:

If you got shot by the elf it's because the elf meant to shoot you. They never miss.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I'm cool with Hagbane being a great way to melt Stormvermin and Roger, I also just have an issue with it being a great way to handle every horde ever. There's nothing the Hagbane is bad at, it holds enough reserve ammo that you don't need to stress that much about arrows, and it does its job very quickly. Your performance with it is still stand-out but a smaller version of it is not unique and that's a problem.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 27, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A question about hagbanes: Do you need to hit the head to put the poison on a Stormvermin with it?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

No.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm kind of at a loss to explain why the elf's dual swords are so much shittier than the dagger-sword. I think it's because the dual swords seem to slow their swings and add little gaps in the combo; they just feel really awkward to blend with compared to the sword and dagger.

Also, the single-sword is ridiculously weak on light attacks and one of the weaker anti-heavy charged swing weapons in the game. It feels like a shittier rapier.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just got the Elf Glaive. Despite it saying they're armor piercing, the light attacks do not pierce armor and the heavy is a two-hit combo of an uppercut with a slow start and then a fast downward followup that's going to take some getting used to but does a pile of damage and then combos into a horizontal light attack instantly with no gap. The horizontal attacks hit hard and sweep well, they're really fast, but it gets 'stuck' after 2 or so rats. But it attacks so fast and staggers the rats it hits as if you hit them with a zweihander charge if it doesn't kill them. Seems like a solid weapon that'll take some getting used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wait this game's dev is Fatshark? The Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 guys who formed from the smoking ashes of Grin? Well, that's awesome. I had no idea!

• Locked thread