Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

TheTatteredKing posted:

That's something a bad would say

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Internet Kraken posted:

I think the POTG should almost always ignore ults unless something really special happens. Cause wow, yeah that guy pressed Q and got two kills, so amazing. It'd be more interesting to see pretty much anything else.

I got a POTG once as Pharah when I pushed two dudes to their deaths on Ilios. That was cool and unexpected.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My favorite POTG was when an enemy Reinhardt charged onto the point, died to sentries, but the momentum of his charge was enough to knock 3 of us into a pit to our death.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

We got shoved back super fast defending on Gibraltar to the point that an attacking Tracer got cocky and declared "GG" before they even had the next to last point. I swapped to Pharah, crushed them, and we shoved them back into their spawn and eventually won.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm marrying Pharah and if you guys are my friends you won't try to stop me.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Jeff Kaplan explains why there is no scoreboard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMnJ5XJH6Q&t=1024s

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

exquisite tea posted:

I got a POTG once as Pharah when I pushed two dudes to their deaths on Ilios. That was cool and unexpected.

My favorite POTG moment was getting a triple kill with Symmetra turrets while I was a mile away chasing a genji with my beat...but ended up dying to another one of my turrets.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

nobody mentioned there was a TORBJORN COMIC OUT

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/torbjorn-destroyer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think i've seen maybe 1 bastion potg in the last 48 hours of play. its almost always mccree, mercy, or widow for me

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
A good Widowmaker is so much more frustrating than a good Bastion.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i FINALLY got a non-environmental kill potg as Lucio today, ulted to start a push, speed boosted into a widow and killed her, then headshot an ulting mccree to kill him. the loving dream

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

pharah in arcade mode is just flying around 24/7 and raining missile death on everyone else

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

So what's the best way to get good as the snipers? I mostly like to play D.Va and Tracer,, and I'd like to at least get a grasp on one of them so that I don't keep getting owned by enemy snipers when I pick one of them. Is it mostly just practicing headshots and trying to stay aware of when people are flanking you?

I'd like to learn so I have a character I can deal with Bastions with, but god drat if every widowmaker on the enemy team isn't infinitely better at her than I am.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm so happy Seagull misses his Roadhog hook finishers, too.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

LegoMan posted:

Yeah in the 3 days this has been out widowmaker is the only character I have wished just was not in the game because every 10 or so games you'll get some monster of a player who makes rounding any corner miserable.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Good widowmakers instantly make me regret practicing anyone with sub 400 hp.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think I'll be happy if they removed Bastion from the Play of the Game list completely. Congratulations, you sat in one spot and held down the left mouse button to kill a bunch of people really quickly or turned into a tank and killed a bunch of people really quickly. I once saw one get that by going around in its bi-ped form and shoot people with its machine gun. I nearly cried because it was a Bastion play that didn't involve either of its turrets.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Like the game but the only hero I don't like is Hanzo. He feels like all the issues with TF2's Huntsman amp'd up and made into its own class. Those who can hit headshots and lead targets will go to the hitscan sniper to have a more reliable source of damage. Projectile headshot weapons have never been fun in any multiplayer shooter since getting one shotted by some guy strafing and firing randomly around a corner always feels like bullshit. He's not OP since a Widowmaker will always add more to a fight he's just unfun to play against

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Seagull should probably put his chat in sub only mode. 25K people spewing mostly garbage.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jimbot posted:

I think I'll be happy if they removed Bastion from the Play of the Game list completely. Congratulations, you sat in one spot and held down the left mouse button to kill a bunch of people really quickly or turned into a tank and killed a bunch of people really quickly. I once saw one get that by going around in its bi-ped form and shoot people with its machine gun. I nearly cried because it was a Bastion play that didn't involve either of its turrets.

Most potgs suck, get used to it. The system is there for when there are legit sick plays, but they can't always be winners.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Javes posted:

Jeff Kaplan explains why there is no scoreboard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMnJ5XJH6Q&t=1024s

Make it Points/Deaths instead of K/D. Hire me Blizzard.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
potg is awesomeness detection, but it has to detect the most awesome thing and frankly you suck

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
My brother with his 1k hours in TF2 told me Overwatch will be boring in 2 weeks and not really hurting the TF2 scene.
Denial after 500 Euro spent for hats in the Mann Store I guess.
I gifted him Overwatch. And he changed his mind after 2 days. :newlol:
Thanks Heavy and Natasha. After 8 years we gonna part.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Javes posted:

Seagull should probably put his chat in sub only mode. 25K people spewing mostly garbage.

I don't think there's ever been a good twitch chat ever

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think there's ever been a good twitch chat ever

VGCW. It's the only one.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
good and twitch are mutually exclusive elements im afraid

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3 of 13 hours on fire :getin:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
It's so frustrating that the pubbies suck so much, unlike me, a finely tuned gaming machine. They never support my charges; frequently the entire team is out of position while I'm the only one being smart.

they ruin the team composition by e.g. picking Widowmaker before me, thus forcing me to play the third sniper in our squad. Plus they push enemies to flank me, and throw off my aim with the sheer gravity of their badness, and somehow they even pooped in my pants.

Matchmaking what the hell, Blizzard? Anyone else have this problem?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
theres plenty of good twitch chats, they're just sub-50/100 viewers. you can actually have discussions and talk about the game + strats and it's nice. when you have 1k+ people talking at once you're going to just get people putting as many emotes between words as possible in hopes of making their message larger so 3 people are able to read it instead of none before it scrolls past

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Drakes posted:

Good widowmakers instantly make me regret practicing anyone with sub 400 hp.

When I got killed by a Widowmaker savant for the 5th time the game helpfully gave me the tip "to avoid being oneshotted, try playing as characters with shields such as Symmetra". It said this while I was playing Symmetra :geno:

Snipers are just never fun for anyone in any FPS and I'm quite comfortable saying most games would be better off with that playstyle shoved into a trashcan. Not sure how Overwatch's balance works exactly yet, but Widowmaker brings out all my old sniper gripes in FPS games.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hi angry thread am i lucky?

that's from 18 boxes and one bought with all my dupe money

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

You are very unlucky because you do not have either shark skins for Roadhog. :(

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
what is the counter to widowmaker anyway? reaper? drinking until the pain is gone?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
if you say genji i swear to god

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I just opened my 17th box + the rarest thing I've got is an epic zarya skin

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Soothing Vapors posted:

what is the counter to widowmaker anyway? reaper? drinking until the pain is gone?

Reaper, Winston, other snipers, Genji. I have pretty good success just peppering the area with Mercy's pistol bullets because of their travel time and scaring most Widow players off.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

if you say genji i swear to god

genji

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Soothing Vapors posted:

winston, another widow, genji-ish, tracer if the widow is stupid and never takes high ground

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Zorodius posted:

It's so frustrating that the pubbies suck so much, unlike me, a finely tuned gaming machine. They never support my charges; frequently the entire team is out of position while I'm the only one being smart.

they ruin the team composition by e.g. picking Widowmaker before me, thus forcing me to play the third sniper in our squad. Plus they push enemies to flank me, and throw off my aim with the sheer gravity of their badness, and somehow they even pooped in my pants.

Matchmaking what the hell, Blizzard? Anyone else have this problem?

Fake edit, so this isn't just an empyquote:

Those god blinks. :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

other snipersff.

please do not imply that hanzo trades favorably with widow. god bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

LegoMan posted:

:smug: