Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I saw some people complaining about their heavy shitlord teams. Just trying to get my daily win in, I failed... I guess. Do your losses look like this?

My team accused me of kill stealing, saying "anyone could do it".

My only real regret is not finishing the 2 under 1k health cruisers that ran behind an island as the points ticked out.

P.S. I'm coming for your Pacra, 92 battles to go to maintain my 3,175 WTR.
P.P.S. I got reported 2 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Lakedaimon posted:

Great googamooga I would have been thrilled to get through that torp blob with only 1 hit.

Warspite is jawsome.

First game in it, I took the long way around a rock while my turrets swung around and immediately some scrub on my team starts freaking out that "new players shouldnt be able to buy premium ships". I then went and scored 6x as much xp as he did despite being a tier lower.

Warspite question: Accuracy upgrade or Secondary upgrade? I put accuracy in for now (had one in depot) but im thinking maybe after I have enough cap'n xp for AFT I may swap it out for Secondaries.

I run the secondary upgrade and AFT, but they're both pretty good upgrades on the Warspite. The accuracy is somewhat bad and could use any improvement, but the secondaries can be pretty great in the right situations. Neither upgrade will help you much when you get into a tier VIII match on an open map. :(

Just don't bother with the AA upgrade, the guns got hit pretty hard by the general AA nerf and went from "good with AA focused upgrades" to "maybe ok against tier IV carriers."

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 26, 2016

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

jownzy posted:

Do you have a New Mexico too :c00lbert:

Sick game though, 12 torp hits in a Yorck? drat

Pacra fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 26, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

jownzy posted:

I saw some people complaining about their heavy shitlord teams. Just trying to get my daily win in, I failed... I guess. Do your losses look like this?

My team accused me of kill stealing, saying "anyone could do it".

My only real regret is not finishing the 2 under 1k health cruisers that ran behind an island as the points ticked out.

P.P.S. I got reported 2 times.

"Kill stealing" while also getting High Caliber. Clearly you were just robbing them of all their damage, on top of the kills.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Kownigsberg, or how I came to love the sonar.

Most of my points probably came from single handedly taking out a Hatsu who derped and tried to close range torp me through smoke while my sonar was on.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Hazdoc posted:

"Kill stealing" while also getting High Caliber. Clearly you were just robbing them of all their damage, on top of the kills.

That's what started my tirade on them. My next salvo got my confederate... I think I did 30k plus damage to 5 ships.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Late addition to the patch notes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/4l0qag/another_quena_starting_today_2pm_pst5pm_est_about/d3jndgx

Pertinent info:

Quemeapueblos posted:

Devs sent me an update this morning to add to the patch notes:
Bonus from the Concealment Expert skill is now applied to the basic visibility of the ship similar to the camouflage modifiers and the Masking System mod.1 modernization. Previously, this bonus affected the fines to visibility, such as fire, main battery, AA defense and anti-torpedo armament.

so, that changes stealth firing a little bit. Examples:

random dude on reddit posted:

Pre 5.6 values with CE, followed by post 5.6:
Gearing 9.4 - 9.7
Khab 13.2 - 13.8
Shima 9.4 - 9.7
Des Moines 16.0 - 16.7
Zao 15.0 - 15.8
Gremy 9.5 - 9.9
Atago 14.5 - 15.2
Kamikaze R 8.7 - 9.0

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Vorkosigan posted:

Late addition to the patch notes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/4l0qag/another_quena_starting_today_2pm_pst5pm_est_about/d3jndgx

Pertinent info:

so, that changes stealth firing a little bit. Examples:

So how much harder is it for the zao to stealth fire now?

Edit: wait, what anti torpedo armament. And how the kamikaze r listed at 8.9-9.0 range? I don't have CE on my kamikaze r's captain and it lists a 6.2 range. Unless this is including the shot penalty.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 26, 2016

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

So how much harder is it for the zao to stealth fire now?
>In 0.5.5, a properly-equipped Zao could fire from ranges beyond 15.1km and remain undetected; in 0.5.6, that range appears to have been extended to 15.8km.

quote:

Edit: wait, what anti torpedo armament. And how the kamikaze r listed at 8.9-9.0 range? I don't have CE on my kamikaze r's captain and it lists a 6.2 range. Unless this is including the shot penalty.

I think that's the shot penalty range, not base concealment.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I had noticed after the patch that I remained detected while on fire well beyond my detection radius.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

jownzy posted:

I had noticed after the patch that I remained detected while on fire well beyond my detection radius.
That makes sense realistically but i dont think being on fire needed a buff :(

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
World of warships was a better video game pre closed beta, when every cruiser shot AP at battleships and did pretty much the same damage over time as with HE fires. But battleship players couldn't deal with a cruiser shooting them and "heavy damage" popping up :(

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

James Garfield posted:

World of warships was a better video game pre closed beta, when every cruiser shot AP at battleships and did pretty much the same damage over time as with HE fires. But battleship players couldn't deal with a cruiser shooting them and "heavy damage" popping up :(

German cruisers can still do this.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
There is a British combo pack for the Battle of Jutland anniversary. Good thing I got a Campbeltown yesterday or I'd be seriously tempted to drop $50.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
What do you think of the Campbeltown ? I only have 2 games in it so far and it's too early to judge.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

MrKatharsis posted:

I splurged on a Campbeltown and it is just adorable. Like a really playful puppy with razor teeth.

Played another game with it today and I still love it. South Carolinas don't even try to dodge my torpedoes. For its tier it is just riotous fun.

Edit: it has a 6.5km detection range and 7.5km torpedoes so it's basically an underpowered Minekaze but you're playing against MUCH worse opponents.

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 26, 2016

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

MrKatharsis posted:

Played another game with it today and I still love it. South Carolinas don't even try to dodge my torpedoes. For its tier it is just riotous fun.

Edit: it has a 6.5km detection range and 7.5km torpedoes so it's basically an underpowered Minekaze but you're playing against MUCH worse opponents.

Isn't that the same as a wickes? I thought that was the whole thing about it. It is just a wickes with a british name on it. Similar to the minekaze and kamikaze r.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
How does the Marblehead differ from a normal (upgraded) Omaha or the Murmansk?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Dralun posted:

How does the Marblehead differ from a normal (upgraded) Omaha or the Murmansk?

Marblehead vs Omaha

Marblehead has more slightly more HP than C Hull Omaha (27k vs 26.8k)
Marblehead has the same number of main guns as a C Hull Omaha (you lose 2 main guns from B hull to gain more AA)
Marblehead AA same as A Hull Omaha (aka crap)
Marblehead torps have a base reload of 38 secs vs Omaha 58 secs, 3km more range (8.2 v 5.5) but 7 kts. slower (56 v 49), and do half the damage (6.2k vs 11.7k)

Marblehead vs Murmansk

Marblehead guns are slightly more accurate (120m dispersion vs 135m), both have same number of main guns
Marblehead torps again load faster, go slower & have longer range (but not as much more, 8.2km vs 8km on Murmansk) but Murmansk torps do 14k dmg
Marblehead AA is again seriously inferior, Murmansk gets ~same AA as C Hull Omaha
Marblehead (and Omaha) base max gun range is 12.7km, Murmansk is 14.8km
Marblehead rudder shift is 7.8 seconds vs Murmansk 3.8 seconds
Marblehead has different concealment ranges, sea/air 13.1/6.7 vs Murmansk 12.7/7.3 :shrug:

Special note: Omaha/Marblehead get a catapult Fighter plane, while Murmansk gets a Scout plane. This means the Murmansk can fire out to something nuts like 16-20? km while it's active, I can't remember exactly

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Anyone noticed that premiums are suddenly losing money hand over fist if you get killed in a match even if you win? Just lost 44k and that was running flags and cammo in my Atago and I made 110k creds top line.

I also seem to be paying for consumables even if I don't use them, has that always been the case?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

JuffoWup posted:

Isn't that the same as a wickes? I thought that was the whole thing about it. It is just a wickes with a british name on it. Similar to the minekaze and kamikaze r.

Unless the Wickles got a serious buff, its torpedoes only have a 4.5km range, and are slower. It has better reload, more launchers, and an extra pellet gun though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Burt posted:

I also seem to be paying for consumables even if I don't use them, has that always been the case?

Pretty sure it has.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

What do you think of the Campbeltown ? I only have 2 games in it so far and it's too early to judge.

It seems like a cute lil' hilarious seal clubber

It's flabbergasting to me that they did not give the campbeltown a significant intrinsic bonus to ramming :mad:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Burt posted:

Anyone noticed that premiums are suddenly losing money hand over fist if you get killed in a match even if you win? Just lost 44k and that was running flags and cammo in my Atago and I made 110k creds top line.

...Actually, that seems roughly correct for a T8 non-premium cruiser, factoring in camo prices if you're purchasing it every match. Especially if you're using one of the really expensive ones. 110k including the credit flag is really not that much at that tier. So it's possible they simply turned off the bonus purchased premiums get - whether accidentally or intentionally - but other than that it seems okay.

Or maybe I'm just mentally inflating prices. That's possible too.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

MREBoy posted:

Lots of stats

Is there a place, other than in game, that has all of this info?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Lord Koth posted:

...Actually, that seems roughly correct for a T8 non-premium cruiser, factoring in camo prices if you're purchasing it every match. Especially if you're using one of the really expensive ones. 110k including the credit flag is really not that much at that tier. So it's possible they simply turned off the bonus purchased premiums get - whether accidentally or intentionally - but other than that it seems okay.

Or maybe I'm just mentally inflating prices. That's possible too.

I think it's because I had all my consumables being paid for with creds. 88k from 110k then repairs seems to have been the cause.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

jownzy posted:

Fires always increased detection radius, by roughly 3km. This is not new.
I'm happy with a change to the calcs on stealth firing, minor nerf to the Zao, but its welcome. Nearly a whole KM chopped off its buffer.

quote:

Marblehead guns are slightly more accurate (120m dispersion vs 135m), both have same number of main guns
No, they aren't. They have the same accuracy, its just that dispersion is measured at max range, and the Marblehead's max range is lower than the Murmansk's.

Burt posted:

I think it's because I had all my consumables being paid for with creds. 88k from 110k then repairs seems to have been the cause.
Yeah, if you were going with lots of premium items, now the game will show you just how much they cut into profits by using them. They're still very useful, but turning a few off will help if you're trying to make some money.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Burt posted:

yep if you use premium repair, hydro/aa, plane, heal, and buy the good camo, that's 110k worth per battle, and thats before taking into account ammo, ship damaged/sunk costs. Might be even more if thats 22k per charge which is probably true.

some of the premium charges are worth it though. premium aa on an aa boat, repair for everyone, heal for bbs, etc.

Pacra fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 27, 2016

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
This weekend's in-game contest is highest damage in a single match with either the
New York, Cleveland, or the Nicholas

1st - 2nd Place = 1 USS Indianapolis* (upon release) w/port slot, 14 days premium, and 25 of every signal flag.
3rd - 5th Place = 1000 doubloons, 7 days premium, 1 port slot, and 15 of every signal flag.
6th - 25th Place = 750 Doubloons, 7 days premium, 10 of every signal flag.

So dust off or rebuy those tier 5's and 6's. The Cleveland is most likely going to be the hardest of the three, so focus on the DD and the BB if you want a better shot. A good game of about 145,000 - 165,000 damage are going to be needed for a top three placement. Maybe a little lower for the Nicholas?
Last weekend I was 100 pts of damage from 3rd in the Kirov and missed out on a free Molotov (but I bought a Molotov and a Blys with the accumulated 11,000 doubloons I've won anyways).

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Somehow they pick three ships I have in my port right now.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

If you want to tier 3 club, grab a wakatake. I'd save the 1650 doubloons for something else.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

Did the Pcola get better or are Molotovs that fragile?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

New New Fresh posted:

Did the Pcola get better or are Molotovs that fragile?

Molotovs are that fragile. They have to fight at extreme range and keep battleships form even looking at them. Especially if they are in a turn or planning to turn that would expose their citadel.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Why the gently caress can't wargaming sell a tier 5 US cruiser. I just got a Farragut and I'm getting the captain trained before I have to play a DD without captain skills and all I have is a Arkanasas Beta. This thing is so goddamn terrible.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Minekaze owns when pubbies don't change directions.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Capping is overpowered, please nerf.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

jownzy posted:

If you want to tier 3 club, grab a wakatake. I'd save the 1650 doubloons for something else.

Not to mention, now that there are actually a decent number of premiums out there, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they might discount them for D-Day or the 4th of July. I'd buy a Texas and/or Campbeltown at 30-50% off.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

CitizenKain posted:

Why the gently caress can't wargaming sell a tier 5 US cruiser. I just got a Farragut and I'm getting the captain trained before I have to play a DD without captain skills and all I have is a Arkanasas Beta. This thing is so goddamn terrible.

The Arkansas is as good as the Wyoming except for AA and shift time, and at tier IV I don't ever really have problems with torp bombers. If you have a problem with dodging torp planes, the Ark is good for practice. I have a 71% solo win rate and 61,000 average damage over 69 battles, so it's not overly hard to do well in it unless you just don't like battleships in general....oh yeah and the preferential MM helps. I'd rather use my ark over my Marblehead any day.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

CitizenKain posted:

They already did though, Marblehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

OK, can any modder tell me how to go about changing the CBT reward flag into a skull and crossbones?

I have had a look about and everyone says to go look for a .dds file in the flags folder but I can't seem to find either.