Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

I don't think I'm making the switch to Phinigel -- will probably just sunset my P99 chars and retire again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Was there a change to epics while I was on break? My 44 rogue has an epic but when I tried to attack something, the only thing that hit was my secondary.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

khysanth posted:

I don't think I'm making the switch to Phinigel -- will probably just sunset my P99 chars and retire again.

Realtalk, I'm having a better time on p99 without having to pay attention to raid windows.

I predict what's left of BDA will look more like Divinity during Kunark - in any case, all of the Velious content I'm interested in is probably one or two groupable.

Aatrek, does Anonymous do Ring Wars? I'd be willing to outsource the rewards to Omni/Anom/whoever for a shot at the Dain ring this summer.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Inimicul posted:

Was there a change to epics while I was on break? My 44 rogue has an epic but when I tried to attack something, the only thing that hit was my secondary.

Epics were changed to (I think) 46+ to wield/click a few patches ago.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Epics were changed to (I think) 46+ to wield/click a few patches ago.

Correct, 46+ for all epics. Not classic but will probably never be reverted.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

faulteroy posted:

Correct, 46+ for all epics. Not classic but will probably never be reverted.

Having leveled from 1 to 60 with a rogue main and no source of decent income I approve of this change.

I got some pretty snarky comments made in many pug groups when they saw I was 30+ without an epic - it was pretty disgusting.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Shaman epic is almost as bad, before the patch there were so many low level shamans carrying it around and although you can't click it until 46, the stats on it are still great for any level.

I generally approve of changes they make which are classic in spirit, albeit not classic in a strictly mechanical sense. They're called epics for a reason damnit! :argh:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
For everyone with nothing better to do this weekend!

Rogean posted:

Hey all.

We'd like to start turning on Bonus EXP more often for occasions such as holidays.

So, to start this off, we have turned on a 25% EXP Bonus from now until the end Memorial Day.

Enjoy!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That's cool. Now to try and find a group...

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

aparmenideanmonad posted:

For everyone with nothing better to do this weekend!

What a good day to play on Red.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Went from 24 to halfway through 25 on my necro in one sitting feels good man.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL
I've started playing a bit here and there. Hit me up on Ainwein (55 bard) or Ainweiner (12 monk) on blue. Also have a 58 druid on Red if anyone is still playing there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Welp, maybe I'll log in this weekend, its been awhile. And I really need to level up a couple times and get my next set of spells already...

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I stopped playing a couple months into Kunark, but have been back for about a month. Having fun with an ez mode mage and even playing my enc again.

Herv is 57 enc and Phee is 55 mage if you are looking to grp up.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Eabon posted:

West TOV - Sunday 12th June
ALL CLASSES WELCOME
LEVEL 60 ONLY.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244675

I ran into old TMO & IB the two times I have gone so far, had a blast

doing West TOV only helps Giant faction and I believe hurts the other too, but who cares about faction; can always grind it to any group

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Started playing this with a friend to try out EQ99 and see what all the hub bub is about, looking to join the goon guild when I get some free time.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

ColoradoCleric posted:

Started playing this with a friend to try out EQ99 and see what all the hub bub is about, looking to join the goon guild when I get some free time.

It might help to post your chars' names. Anyways, do a / all "Unknown Guild" to see if anyone is on.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lol my guild can't kill Wuoshi :owned:

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

a real jerk posted:

lol my guild can't kill Wuoshi :owned:

which guild are you in?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Anyone around level 50-59 on red? I don't really play anymore, but I wouldn't mind helping anyone make it to 60 by smashing things with my primal rogue from out of group, so long as you have a tank that can keep aggro off me.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Anyone around level 50-59 on red? I don't really play anymore, but I wouldn't mind helping anyone make it to 60 by smashing things with my primal rogue from out of group, so long as you have a tank that can keep aggro off me.

Jesus christ yes please. I'm 49 and can tank everything if you smash things for me. I've been dying to get to 60 in this bad game for the better part of this year. No one groups in CoM anymore though, so I usually get bored and log off. When are you going to be online?

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 14, 2016

cinder
Aug 25, 2000

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

I'd be down also. My cleric is 53.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Awakened on Blue just got suspended from all raiding until July 5th.

Looks like a bad time to be unemployed

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
The Rogean post below the suspension extending it was hilarious.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

The politics on the server are hilarious. Sirken's new raid rules state that guilds *must* negotiate before petitioning an incident; if they do not, they run the risk of being suspended for 10 days. None of AM, Venerate, or Rustle contacted any Awakened officers about the Naggy incident. The petition was apparently put in by AM and Awakened's appeal was closed without review by Rogean after Fingerz tilted.

But that's OK, Awakened are obviously the rule lawyering cheater guild and wholly deserving of the suspension. Except that Aftermath behaves in exactly the same way, but it generally works out better for them because Nalken has been long time friends with Sirken in and out of game.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

faulteroy posted:

The politics on the server are hilarious. Sirken's new raid rules state that guilds *must* negotiate before petitioning an incident; if they do not, they run the risk of being suspended for 10 days. None of AM, Venerate, or Rustle contacted any Awakened officers about the Naggy incident. The petition was apparently put in by AM and Awakened's appeal was closed without review by Rogean after Fingerz tilted.

But that's OK, Awakened are obviously the rule lawyering cheater guild and wholly deserving of the suspension. Except that Aftermath behaves in exactly the same way, but it generally works out better for them because Nalken has been long time friends with Sirken in and out of game.

source your quotes

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Honestly so glad I'm done with P99 and the garbage raid scene. Enjoying the Phinigel progression server. Instances for raid mobs solves 99% of the drama. Instead of "competing" (lol) to tag a mob first or whatever through endurance poopsock races for 15 hours we get to schedule raids like functioning adults with lives and jobs.

If you aren't raiding on P99 I'm sure it's still fun though so don't let me drive you away if you are planning on avoiding the raid scene!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, really enjoying Phinny. Too much fun.

I'd say the main negatives of Phinny, just to provide some balance:

-3 months is a very short time per expansion IMO. For guilds that already "caught up" that raid open world and instance 5 nights a week, it's not, but it doesn't provide a nice middle ground. Right now we have a little more time in Velious (3 months left for now), and we get 5 months of Luclin, but then back to 3 months of PoP, 3 months of LDoN. Maybe that's enough for LDoN though, I really don't know if it really is a "okay, time to ignore PoP stuff" or if they're more supplemental.

-DBG honestly is as incompetent as ever. This can both be beneficial (they still didn't remove out of era loot), and detrimental (it can take forever to actually get major bugs addressed and fixed). On a 3-months-per-expac server, that can mean the time for things to get fixed while relevant, when they only patch once a month, doesn't happen.

-The exp is pretty slow. Some of us that moved poopsocked more than was probably healthy to hit 60 when we did, but it took a good bit of planning offline and grinding to get it over with. I love that solo'ing is worthless so everyone should be grouping (fight me irl), but it'd be nice if the per-person-in-group bonus was a lot higher. People just joining us have a kinda daunting lonely road before they can join us on raids.

-I don't know what the long-term viability of the server is. I think we'll lose a lot during Luclin, PoP will bring some back, then after that who the hell knows. Progression servers die off pretty quickly. But I also don't really care - it's a lot of fun now, and that's the main thing. Eventually on P99 there will be nothing worth doing anymore, ever.

Mostly though? It's baller. It's definitely still EQ, just with instancing for more raid options (open world still being a thing that is contested and more frequent spawns).

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Really wish I had the time in my life at this juncture to join Phinny. In the meantime I occasionally log into P99.

Having people group as opposed to solo would be great.

Hopefully another true-box progression server appears later when I have time in my schedule to play.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
What's it like to be a bard on phinny? Are there any major differences in song or game mechanics?

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Inimicul posted:

What's it like to be a bard on phinny? Are there any major differences in song or game mechanics?

You get /melody so twisting in combat isn't a thing. Instruments have new (and dumb) graphics. I think more instruments are primary usable also, in addition to Sky/VP instruments.

nyclin fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 22, 2016

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Inimicul posted:

I didn't bard on P99, but other than /melody being in, I had some P99 bards telling me how lute doesn't affect mana regen - but it does here, and how you needed to pulse mana on P99 to get more, here it doesn't do anything.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Is it possible to swarm kite like it is on p99?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
No. For one, mobs leash, so be aware of that, but I think the main reason is that if a mob is trying to reach, and is moving to reach you, and it can't reach you yet, and your dot ticks, it won't actually do any damage.

I could be wrong, but that's my understanding of why swarming doesn't work. I've done some fear kiting and that worked fine.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
There's pretty big bonuses for group XP compared to solo (as has been mentioned, though XP overall is slow) so most bards just group. A lot of them are AFK running melody most of the time or just straight up AFK song bots getting boxed by others in group, so it's a pretty big difference from P99 barding.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
25% exp bonus till July 5th.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
@lemons im back around on red again, took a 2-3 week break after getting 'removed' from tempest cuz of drama wit the whole tabula rasa policy(officers are split down the middle, power struggles). I just came back, Tagged up with thunderdome for fun to help whoever out. Tdome has a good amount of 55-60s, and new players as well. Look for Banksy in game, or Albertus and you can find me on. Most of the time ive been farming, had a really good streak with something like 38 total mobs killed (brenn grenn 22) and 14 thrones, 4 of which were whites. so was crazy good luck, made a lot of plat, picked up 2 manastones etc decked out a 55 dru for pvp.

@zliz if you see this and still keeping up to date, how would i go about adding my own plane of growth file to the map? I guess I can load just the image of it, but I am curious how do you get the zone 'specs' to make the location show up properly?

also 25% exp bonus is insane, especially on red. I have had to de level 2 chars multiple times from 56 back to 55 already and sac them numerous times exp just keeps flying even when im farming...

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pwnz0r posted:

@zliz if you see this and still keeping up to date, how would i go about adding my own plane of growth file to the map? I guess I can load just the image of it, but I am curious how do you get the zone 'specs' to make the location show up properly?

Those maps he's using have been around basically decades at this point. Growth should be around if you look for it. Some other grognards wrote them up back at EQ1's launch and you could find them in Allakhazam back in the day. There should be ones available for every zone pre-POP when SOE finally added an in game map (that you had to create yourself by actually running around the outline of the thing you wanted to map (or downloaded someone else's map packs because you weren't an insane person).

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Finally got the Pegasus Feather Cloak on a whim last night.

I grouped with a bard needing the cloak in South Karana and sat on a spawn point while he killed ph. This time, I brought many sacrifices to appease whatever horrible offense I had committed to prevent my ownership of this esteemed clicky. I dragged every avocet, archer, courser, bull elephant, lion, etc., and massed their corpses on my spawn camp.

After about 30 min Quillmane spawned, obviously moved by my grand slaughter. Cloak dropped, but I rolled a 27. More death was required.

We had a shaman join to sit on another spawn point. 15 minutes later, after I had doubled the carnage of sacrifice, she spawned again and this time the group decided to let me loot the cloak because they realized my /random was cursed to all hell. When I went to loot the corpse, it was glitched and I couldn't access it. The game was showing me one location, but the actual corpse location was several yards away and no amount of /loot spamming would work. I quickly relogged with a few min left and was able to take that elusive cloak into my possession.

Then we decided to test and see how generous the RNG would be if we tried spawning another Quillmane for our shaman friend. Less than 10 minutes later another Quillmane spawned out of the mass of dead bodies at my spawn location and it had... another cloak. 3 Quillmane spawns, 3 cloaks.

My apologies to the guy who's getting nothing but pants for the next 30 spawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
The other night I was trying out hunting some centaurs in South Karana, and being somewhat of an EQ newb it was probably my first time in the zone. Quillmane flew right past me out of nowhere so I looked it up on the wiki and saw all the crazy stuff you had to do to spawn it so I ran and killed it. A ranger was running right up to it as I killed it and said he was racing across the zone to get it. Only dropped the legs but hey free stamina upgrade for me! I felt kinda bad so I told him I just saw it and went for it but he gave me a sow and said it was no big deal at all :unsmith:

I think I was having some good EQ luck spree cause I had just gotten done killing a couple of evil eyes earlier and got the +3 int bracer to drop.

Duo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 6, 2016