Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Munchables posted:

Wait what is that part with carrot genitals referring to?!

I think that's just a lazy attempt at a joke about non-binary gender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

re: bathrooms: this guy knows what's up.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Also where's the reading material for the bathroom in that picture GOD TIME IS SO OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE REAL WORLD

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

True story, the only reading material in my bathroom is a copy of "The Picture Of Dorian Gray And Other Stories." I assume it's all anybody would ever need.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
so you just bore the poo poo out of them?

Edit: also i'm sure there's some newspaper on the floor.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
HEY! I like the Picture of Dorian Gray :mad:

Edit: I don't know why it cemented as Portrait in my mind, weird.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 06:00 on May 27, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not enough to get the title correct it seems.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Milo Yianoplous is our generations Oscar Wilde

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sure glad we have all these men proudly proclaiming that they will check every person who wants to use the lady's washroom's genitals to make sure no perverts get in.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

True story, the only reading material in my bathroom is a copy of "The Picture Of Dorian Gray And Other Stories." I assume it's all anybody would ever need.

15-20 year old editions of Mad Magazine or nothing at all. :colbert:

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
My dad isn't a reader, but my mom got him to read Harry Potter for the first movie by having him read it exclusively on the toilet.

He now refers to it as "Harry Potty" because that is the most dad thing ever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's so bizarre to me that americans read in the bathroom, you should be in and out as quick as you can.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EmmyOk posted:

It's so bizarre to me that americans read in the bathroom, you should be in and out as quick as you can.

It's one of the few places of guaranteed privacy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The Onion world atlas is the only book I need in the washroom.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Who What Now posted:

It's one of the few places of guaranteed privacy.

And unless you work for one of those weird companies that tracks bathroom breaks, it's usually a guaranteed paid break at work.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I assume people are talking about using the bathroom at home though considering they are talking about having books and magazine stacks.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm homeless so I can only poo poo at work.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I keep one of those big Marvel Essential volumes next to the toilet.

TotalLossBrain posted:

What the gently caress is everyone doing staring everyone else in the bathroom up and down?

Get in, take a piss, get out. It isn't a social hub, unless you're (R) in the House I guess.

The idea is that a pervert can go into a bathroom, molest their daughters, then come out and say "Its okay because I'm trans" and no one can touch them.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

American food is terrible for the body, so they're stuck on the shitter for 20 minutes or more at least once a day.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Lol if you don't spend at LEAST an hour at work every day on the toilet. Not because you have to poop, but to avoid your obligations.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Who What Now posted:

Lol if you don't spend at LEAST an hour at work every day on the toilet. Not because you have to poop, but to avoid your obligations.

I'm good at avoiding that while just sitting somewhere looking lazy.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I have maintained a subscription to Rolling Stone magazine for several years, for the specific purpose of keeping it in the bathroom.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

EmmyOk posted:

If you have kids it's often the only room in the house you can get 5 minutes of peace/quiet/sanity. :unsmith:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I work in a job where there are clients social security numbers and account numbers. Cell phones, or anything with a camera, are strictly forbidden to have out at our desks. So if I want to catch up on the forums or anything else on the internet while at work, I'm afraid the comfort of the toilet is my only refuge.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The girls of my generation had me wanting to live on a mountain top since in was 14
submitted 6 hours ago by MGTAO

I'm about to be 22 and have had 2 long term relationships. One adopted girl in 9th grade who I knew was a slut. But I had raging sex drive and wanted to lose my virginity and got in a relationship with her stupidly. I had sex with her all the time but she cheated all the time. She was the definition of soulless. Her reasoning was basically just.. I felt like it. And even now she is just as dull as a 2 by 4.

Skip like 5 years and a bunch of lame meaningless sexual encounters. And I meet this single mother of two in Texas on line. Didn't listen to anyone of how stupid I was. And I was just literally following chemicals in my brain. Well this girl was illl in the head and just used guys since a early age. She had no sensitive bones or nerves. She just couldn't feel compassion yet being a mother acted like she was the sweetest earth child of the land who is all feminine and all nurturing lol. She was the furthest from that. The young and old mothers of today scare me. They are nothing like my mom whose biggest desire at my age was to become a nun and study theology. But not a single girl left is like that.

Anyways. This uncontrollable sexual desire and urge to have a soulless girl of any sort to have to just cling too.. compelled me to also see the way out. I wanted to be a Buddhist monk or a mountain hermit. I loved the way some monks and masters had no fears. And no attachments. If only we could see one of these masters flat out dismiss a women's presence. They saw through the nature entirely of man women desire. They tasted bliss far beyond anything a women could possibly offer. Ever.

All I can say is Mgtow is great. Of all the corruption and ignorance and blind stupidity in the world. There exists.. a whole group of people all over who see through the illusion of blind lust. Every single one of you men are speaking about the true path. The tao. The Buddha's secrets. Just living life completely whole. A true whole man. A holy man.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

god that hurt me to read. These people just HATE women don't they.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

And they lack complete self awareness by blaming women for their own lousy sexual behavior.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:psyduck:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I've seen LOB posting normally in the Venting About Students thread, and I'm starting to become a little worried that some of these quotes are from students.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I love this.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

god that hurt me to read. These people just HATE women don't they.

I honestly wonder what percent of MGTOW's are closeted right wing self-loathing gays who just need an excuse to think women are icky.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

It's like the "there is no spoon" to go with the red pill/blue pill analogy!

There is no video. It's like poetry, it rhymes

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Tracula posted:

I honestly wonder what percent of MGTOW's are closeted right wing self-loathing gays who just need an excuse to think women are icky.

I truly think it wouldn't be that high. Gay guys don't HATE women the way that MGTOW and MRA types do.

Also closeted guys, especially the self-loathing ones, try really really hard to like women, and want people around them to know taht they like women only. And go around saying stuff like "God I love women, I really really like vaginas and want to be inside one all th etime. Really I do, women are ace and I totally love them and find them sexually attractive. Hooray for pussy!" loudly and publicly.

On an unrelated point, I think the MGTOW and MRA rage is as much about entitlement as it is about sexism. These guys aren't angry because they have been rejected, they are angry because women aren't lining up to throw "pussy" at them. Pussy they believe is the only inherent worth of a woman. Pussy they believe they are entitled to just because.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
About a month ago, someone on a friend's (blue) post did the standard racist crap: Black Lives Matter is a terrorist group, its supporters are the real racists, etc, even started his post with "I'm not a racist, but". I called him out on it a little, the friend told us to knock it off, whatever.

Evidently he sent me this screed, and I didn't realize it until I got another related notification:

My response was "Okay, you're a racist." and blocked the guy.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I like how he admits he's just in it for the sex then immediately gets mad that she's just in it for the sex.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Tracula posted:

Of all the dumb internet circlejerks, mgtow is the only one I cant even understand conceptually, much less empathize with

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

malal posted:

It's like the "there is no spoon" to go with the red pill/blue pill analogy!

There is no video. It's like poetry, it rhymes

i think that no video is symbolic for no valid reason. well played op

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

MoreLikeTen posted:

Of all the dumb internet circlejerks, mgtow is the only one I cant even understand conceptually, much less empathize with

On the contrary, they're all too easy to get. It's a story as old as Aesop and his proverbial sour grapes.

In the analogy working on being the kind of person women want to be around, and making the effort to not approach them with undisguised and off-putting thirst is like building a ladder or learning to climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EmmyOk posted:

It's not just an American thing you know? The toilet is a hallowed place of communion with yourself and doing some light reading really enhances your experience.

E: I love mgtow because at its core it's a "I'm taking my ball and going home" philosophy. Except no one cares about their balls.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 06:51 on May 27, 2016