Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh, it's the last round.

Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wahooooooo playoffs baby! Well done team!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tunicate posted:

I blame Bad Munki

Fair

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So - Tarantino, Workers, and Go Big have the same number of points, but only two of them get to pass. This ought to be interesting. There's even a tiny chance of TLA making it somehow, if the other teams get really bad results.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Note to my teammates: Dont spend any points. We are in playoffs regardless, save the points.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

That was...significantly closer than I would have preferred.

Oh well, WE PLAYOFF NOW

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Antwoman is the best.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Velius posted:

Antwoman is the best.

I like you.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Great, my random betting method is loving with me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Haha you have to bet on CRAP rather than the hot-streak of Lightly Whipped.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Mmmmulti-post. Read the logs and Cowman threw Tash in the air and Antwoman stabbed Tash while she was flying. Passed out and killed immediately after.

We have a great thing going, Cowman. :glomp:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

my dad posted:

So - Tarantino, Workers, and Go Big have the same number of points, but only two of them get to pass. This ought to be interesting. There's even a tiny chance of TLA making it somehow, if the other teams get really bad results.

:siren: THE PLAYOFF PICTURE :siren:

Division Champions
Subterranean Animists: IN as Champions of the Bronzestabbed Division.
Hell's Dentists: IN as Champions of the Gemclod Division.
Worse Munki: IN as Champions of the Boatmurdered Division.
The Plump Helmets: IN as Champions of the Syrupleaf Division.

Wild-Card Spots Determined
The Petting Zoo: IN as a wild card based on overall wins.
Two Chicks With Dicks: IN as a wild card based on kill differential tiebreaker.

Wild-Card Spots Yet To Be Determined
Go big and/or go home: Will be in with a home victory over Subterranean Animists in the final round. Can still get in with a loss if both A Tarantino Film and Worker Cooperative also lose.
A Tarantino Film: Will be in with a 4-2 or better home victory over Team Laser Explosion. Will be in with a 4-3 victory if Worker Cooperative does not win their match by a score of 4-0 or if Go Big loses. Can make playoff with a 4-3 loss if Go Big loses their match 4-0 and Worker Cooperative also loses.
Worker Cooperative: Needs a home victory over The Plump Helmets as well as either a loss by Go Big or a narrow victory by Team Laser Explosion. If the final scores of the matches end up just so, is quite possible that Worker Cooperative could end up requiring a tiebreaker match on a neutral site against either A Tarantino Film or Team Laser Explosion after all tiebreakers have been considered.
Team Laser Explosion: Needs a visiting victory over A Tarantino Film, plus a loss by either Worker Cooperative or Go Big.

Heavyweight Horrorshow: OUT after last round's loss.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 25, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Haha you have to bet on CRAP rather than the hot-streak of Lightly Whipped.

Which team is CRAP again?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh wait right, that's the one I'm on, don't worry I remembered.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

Note to my teammates: Dont spend any points. We are in playoffs regardless, save the points.
This will only make it easier for me to have my revenge! All in against Antwoman!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Pickled Tink posted:

This will only make it easier for me to have my revenge! All in against Antwoman!

I can get behind this.

It would be easier if it weren't for my scrupulous adherence to fair fights. :argh:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Mmmmulti-post. Read the logs and Cowman threw Tash in the air and Antwoman stabbed Tash while she was flying. Passed out and killed immediately after.

We have a great thing going, Cowman. :glomp:

And here I was lamenting celebrating Cowman's poor stellar performance in that last match. It brings a tear to the eye, really.

Inspiring this sort of comradery and teamwork is what this competition is all about, I think. :hfive:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Velius posted:

Antwoman is the worst. Petting zoo's crazy win streak must be due to either commissioner corruption, zany amounts of luck, or both. Antwoman in particular is dumb and bad.

That's a mean thing to say Velius but I admire you for your candor and insight.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Cathode Raymond posted:

That's a mean thing to say Velius but I admire you for your candor and insight.

Lies and slander. Antwoman has four hands, three daggers, and a hell of a lot of hearts. As trophies.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Wait, you mean Lightly Whipped can't make it to the playoffs?!

I demand a recount!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:You assholes place your bets yet?:siren:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
It's interesting how antwoman started out fairly mediocre and is now a murder machine. Playing the long game eh spermy?

Also make Tash an honorary member of lightly whipped.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

ZeeToo posted:

It would be easier if it weren't for my scrupulous adherence to fair fights. :argh:
Scruples are easy to deal with. When they start giving you poo poo you should drown them in a tub of money.

On that note, there may be a tub of money in it for you if you ensure Antwoman dies horribly in the Dentists vs Petting Zoo match.

Spermy Smurf posted:

:siren:You assholes place your bets yet?:siren:
Speaking of, you bet against your own team? How the hell am I supposed to take your money when you do that?! :argh:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Take solace in the fact Antwoman will be the first to die. And it will be quick.

Antwoman has come a long way, but the rest of the team deserves a lot of the credit. Cowman used to be a glass cannon, run out in front and die. He toughened up with some armor and skill.

Simon couldnt hurt a fly our first 5 fights (guessing here) and now he does well.

Stephen is a deadly member still a member of our team.

1v1 Antwoman still loses to Jimbo. 2v1 she still loses to Jimbo. 3v1 she sometimes wins against Jimbo.

Its all about the teamwork... let them focus on Cowman/Belmole and pray they dont notice Antwoman and Stephen.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Well, poo poo. :(

The Skeletons are out of the running, and it turns out downgrading Three Gremlins' footwear for more weapon skill... Did not go well.

Antwoman now has twenty claimed skulls, and the Petting Zoo are the second team to attain the coveted 'Everyone on double figures' achievement. Jazzimus has made the playoff picture clear, I'll post the penultimate kill tally chart for the regular season in a couple of hours.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It's been like 36 hours so I'm starting the next round.

Tinkled: If you want two fights go ahead and start with 5 and 6:
A Tarantino Film vs. Team Laser Explosion
Worker Cooperative vs. The Plump Helmets

ZeeToo: I'll start at 1 and work down, you start at 3 (my fight vs Tinkled) and then move to the very bottom and work upwards?

I should be able to get 4 fights done today/tomorrow.

1, 2, 4, 7 look like the ones I'll be running if the above is good for everyone?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 26, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 18, Fight 1 :siren:

This Bites (4-13), the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Knife Toseeu (synthorange) is a female strangler. She is empty handed and wears a bronze cap, a copper mail shirt, and copper gauntlets.
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel (Keru) is a male elf. He is empty handed and wears a leather cap, a silver mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper leggings, silver gauntlets, and platinum low boots.
Roland Gorchnik (Maarak) is a male human. He wields a copper scourge and wears an iron cap, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Eyeteeth IV (Revenant Threshold) is a male werewolf. He wields a copper shield and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, and copper high boots.

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow (7-10), the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Here comes Mongo! (Endorph) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a leather cap, a copper mail shirt, copper leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
ShortName (ZeeToo) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and a wooden buckler and wears a bronze helm, a bronze mail shirt, a copper breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Face (Godna) is a male troll. He wields a copper two-handed sword and wears a silver cap, a copper mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and silver high boots.
Jakob (frankenfreak) is a male werewolf. He wields a bronze mace and wears a copper helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.

This Bites is a 1.45 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 2462.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1701.00 dwarfbucks for Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow.

Homefield on the left, size on the right.

The clash is non-bloody to start. That doesn't mean there is no damage, but not much blood was spilled. Face stabs Sun Tzu in the neck, but armor saves an insta-kill and only causes a bruise. Roland lashes Jakob's left thigh so hard that bone shatters. Knife Toseeu bites Mongo the troll up top and Mongo's guts are bruised. He is feeling nauseous.

A second lash from Roland sends Jakob to the floor with a torn calf muscle. Or maybe not floored?

Blood finally hits the floor when Mongo gores the strangler biting him and Knife Toseeu's foot is crushed.

ShortName (the slowpoke) finally arrives on the scene.

The home team really looked like they were ahead there for a second. Face gives a 1-2 combo with his huge sword and Knife Toseeu's other foot is severed, then his heart and ribs are chopped into, and finally Jakob crushes the unconscious stranglers head.

Jakob was bowled over by a charging Eyeteeth, and then the impossible happens:
Jakob is knocked over!
Jakob stands up.

Jakob, the werewolf with a shattered thigh and completely hosed up calf muscle stood back up. :monocle:

So now you see the layout of the fighters. Notice something about Sun Tzu? That's right, he's on the right side surrounded by 3 gladiators. Welcome to fucksville, Sun Tzu.

ShortName and Mongo attack the elf. Mongo sends him down to the floor, ShortName sticks his spear in an elf skull which causes too much pain for Sun Tzu to handle.

Face dodges back from Roland and casually takes off Sun Tzu's head.

Team 13 moves in on the two remaining gladiators. Roland is surrounded while Eyeteeth has his hands full of Mongo.

Twin charges send Roland and Eyeteeth to the floor stunned. Mongo gores Eyeteeth so hard that ribs shatter. ShortName stabs Roland in the leg and Roland falls to the floor. Face nearly severs Rolands foot.

Mongo thinks he's done enough against Roland and the troll spins on his heel and sends Eyeteeth stumbling backwards once... twice... thrice... fource... fice... The fuckin troll just keeps sending Eyeteeth flying backwards with charges and takedowns.

ShortName sends Roland to dreamland and Jakob crushes the humans skull.

gently caress, that's Mongo, not Face
The rest of the team goes to help Mongo. Eyeteeth was already hurt and on the defensive, so I don't expect much out of the werewolf.

Mongo shatters Eyeteeths hip, then arm and the werewolf passes out before anyone from Team 13 arrives to help. Jakob casually shatters his skull.

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow wins with an easy 4-0 victory despite not being the betting favorite, and destroying homefield advantage for our first fight of the last round.

Kills:
Jakob: 3
Face: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 26, 2016

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Well, poo poo. :(

The Skeletons are out of the running, and it turns out downgrading Three Gremlins' footwear for more weapon skill... Did not go well.

Antwoman now has twenty claimed skulls, and the Petting Zoo are the second team to attain the coveted 'Everyone on double figures' achievement. Jazzimus has made the playoff picture clear, I'll post the penultimate kill tally chart for the regular season in a couple of hours.

Condolences on your playoff elimination AJ, I fear I may soon also know that pain.

You mentioned Antwoman's kill tally but I noticed you failed to mention her general dumbness/badness. How would you characterize dumb Antwoman and her dumb team that I thought wasn't going to make the playoffs but did in fact make the playoffs pretty easily? Would you say they are Bad Munki levels of bad?

I mean, what's with all the daggers? That's too many daggers, Antwoman.

Also, if anyone wants to make some money I am all in on for our upcoming fight against the Plump Helmets. It sounds like it might happen pretty soon so get those bets in.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
oh NOW Face demonstrates competence

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I love how we're basically jobbers in this whole tournament. Need to look good? Fight This Bites tonight!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Worse Munki is currently 3:1 favored above 2cwD. I'm supporting my own team, of course, but they beat us last time and betting against us could be an opportunity to really clean up at long odds.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I would bet 2cwD with those odds in a heartbeat.

You should listen to me. I was very briefly ranked 3rd in the betting.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Actually, our team is just going to send in stunt doubles this time since we're already qualified. Betting on us would be a terrible idea.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Cathode Raymond posted:

Also, if anyone wants to make some money I am all in on for our upcoming fight against the Plump Helmets. It sounds like it might happen pretty soon so get those bets in.

The Co-Op is the home team, and I am not gonna lie the Plump Helmets have been phoning it in because we are a lock. We get mega-hammered the night before matches and show up with a hangover because ~who caaaaaares~ until the playoffs.

There is another reason we are more likely to lose but I'd as soon leave it to MyDad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least our last fight was a win. 8-10 isn't the worst record

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I demand a red-

Wait, we won? :stare:

huh

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ramc posted:

The Co-Op is the home team, and I am not gonna lie the Plump Helmets have been phoning it in because we are a lock. We get mega-hammered the night before matches and show up with a hangover because ~who caaaaaares~ until the playoffs.

There is another reason we are more likely to lose but I'd as soon leave it to MyDad.

did mydad get drunk and was so overcome with the spirit of the working class that he sold his gear?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
I just ran Team Laser Explosion VS Tarantino Film.

It took over two hours to run the fight.

I hate both teams so much right now. I also hate armour. I'm not even going to touch it again today, so don't get your hopes up until at least tomorrow. Now I'm going to go try and drown my spite in goat simulator.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm very sorry I bought my fighter bronze mail in advance of this fight, obviously that's what you are referring to

E: dammit you didn't enter the results yet so I can't spoil it for myself :(

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
If Jakob had secured 4 kills instead of Face getting one, he would have ended his career with exactly as many kills as the rest of his team put together. As it is, only two less than that mark tells its own story.

Sun Tzulander retires unblooded, never having killed a single opponent of the 72 it has faced.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 27, 2016