Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Lime Tonics posted:

This is definitely not awesome, right?

edit : it is in Missouri somewhere.

I wanna say wrong thread but I'm just not sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I didn't think you'd literally brand yourself.
Way to go bro.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Fury Road sequel is looking good.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lexus LF-SA concept from last year. Just saw it and it reminds me of the made for tv movie of Stephen King's The Langoliers. Those flying meatballs that are all teeth.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Even the model is disgusted.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Even the model is disgusted.

her nipples suggest otherwise

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Lime Tonics posted:

This is definitely not awesome, right?

edit : it is in Missouri somewhere.

Hard to say. This didn't just happen so it's awesome in that it's even a thing, but it doesn't look like it was all that well done and might be dangerous.

I'm going to go with rad, but not kickin' rad.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

davebo posted:

Lexus LF-SA concept from last year. Just saw it and it reminds me of the made for tv movie of Stephen King's The Langoliers. Those flying meatballs that are all teeth.

Can I get an entire car done like that? Then get it pedestrian safety tested:gibs:

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Ok, thanks fellas, now I have a starting point!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I like the spikey bits that sick out around the tires. Are they to poke holes in them if you try to take a corner fast or has Lexus been taking a page from 90s kids toys, and they extend for grip on rough terrain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W4MYJt8c4w

Also, what the gently caress are they doing using the LF prefix on that pile of trash? That's an insult to the LF-A.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

davebo posted:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

what model is this? i don't recognize it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Enourmo posted:

what model is this? i don't recognize it.

The new LFA SUV duh.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A honda of some kind.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's a thread regular.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I saw one of these godawful monstrosities on the road today. I had to look it up to see what had offended my senses so grossly.

MB AMG63 GLE coupe.
It is loving enormous. It dwarfed the X5 that was driving beside it. I don't blame the owner for buying it, because people will buy any old poo poo without seemingly looking at it first. I blame Mercedes Benz for designing it in the first place. I think the design brief was "who cares if it looks grossly obese, we'll sell them by the dump truck. Make the rear end bigger. You ever see the stern of a container ship? That's your inspiration."
It's not just that it's enormous that makes it so offensive, hell a Yukon or an Escalade is enormous too, it's that it's so loving awful looking in the process.
It should never have been made.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Linedance posted:

I saw one of these godawful monstrosities on the road today. I had to look it up to see what had offended my senses so grossly.

MB AMG63 GLE coupe.
It is loving enormous. It dwarfed the X5 that was driving beside it. I don't blame the owner for buying it, because people will buy any old poo poo without seemingly looking at it first. I blame Mercedes Benz for designing it in the first place. I think the design brief was "who cares if it looks grossly obese, we'll sell them by the dump truck. Make the rear end bigger. You ever see the stern of a container ship? That's your inspiration."
It's not just that it's enormous that makes it so offensive, hell a Yukon or an Escalade is enormous too, it's that it's so loving awful looking in the process.

The thing that weirds me out about this is that it's big and ugly, but it looks like a car. An Escalade looks like a truck, so it looks fine big. This has some sort of uncanny valley thing where it just looks like an awkwardly proportioned car, until you realize the scale. Like the President's limo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

But it runs a 12.5 second quarter mile, pulls 0.95 Gs on a skidpad, numbers almost identical to the BMW M2.

It's also comfy as fuuuuuck.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Repeat after me: the dumb poo poo that sells a lot finances the cool poo poo we love. Love that which you hate. Namaste.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Powershift posted:

But it runs a 12.5 second quarter mile, pulls 0.95 Gs on a skidpad, numbers almost identical to the BMW M2.

It's also comfy as fuuuuuck.

the thing about numbers is you don't have to look at them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Linedance posted:

the thing about numbers is you don't have to look at them.

You really don't have to look at the outside of it either. you can make everybody else on the road have to look at it, usually from the back.

From the inside of it, it looks pretty good.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

You really don't have to look at the outside of it either. you can make everybody else on the road have to look at it, usually from the back.

Do they always taunt you with a picture of the car, front and center?

Also, is that... underglow? Beneath the wood trim?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Linedance posted:

MB AMG63 GLE coupe.

Tell you what though. I'll be damned if they didn't do a really good job keeping the design ratios similar to a sedan. It looks like what you would get if you took a photo of their car and stretched the photo vertically.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

um excuse me posted:

Tell you what though. I'll be damned if they didn't do a really good job keeping the design ratios similar to a sedan. It looks like what you would get if you took a photo of their car and stretched the photo vertically.
You're 100% right but the problem is: that's not a good thing. See also: X6.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Powershift posted:

for the price they're asking, it loving better. It's the least I would expect, especially given how awful the outside is. I'd also expect better than that China Direct surplus electronics portable DVD player screen they put in all their cars, but there I go picking nits. I'm sure the leather is just as supple as that found in a Lexus Predatorface and Infiniti QX80.

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!

Powershift posted:

It's amazing how much that looks like the interior of a Mazda3.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Powershift posted:

You really don't have to look at the outside of it either.

But there's a picture of the outside on the screen though so you kind of do.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Linedance posted:

MB AMG63 GLE coupe.

Is Coupe the new buzzword that's gonna be run into the loving ground?

I swear 90% of the coupes I see lately are 4-door affairs with b pillars.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Naturally Selected posted:

Is Coupe the new buzzword that's gonna be run into the loving ground?

I swear 90% of the coupes I see lately are 4-door affairs with b pillars.

Yeah that's been driving me up the wall, too. Coupe, sedan, and hardtop all have distinct meanings! :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Now back to stuff that's actually terrible.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Speaking of bloated, there's something about the Infiniti QX56 that just makes it look loving enormous.

As far as SUVs go, it's nothing out of the ordinary, but the curve of the hood or something makes it just look comically over large.

Every time I see one I feel like I need to re-badge it as a Maibatsu Monstrosity.

GTA III posted:

"Phil and I just had another kid. So of course we need a bigger SUV. Being a mom is hard, with soccer, football and lacrosse practice, so we bought the new Maibatsu Monstrosity. It's so big...we lost little Joey in the back and couldn't find him for and hour! When I'm rushing to the mall, or talking on my cell phone, I know me and my family are safe. The Maibatsu Monstrosity has 4- wheel drive, and in amphibious mode...it can cross rivers. So far I've only hit a few puddles, but it's good to know it's there. With the time I save taking shortcuts through the strip-mall parking lot I can focus on the important things. Like gazing longingly at the pool boy or...buying more exercise equipment off the TV. So what if it gets 3 miles to the gallon!? I'm a mom, not a conservationist!"

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 27, 2016

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Powershift posted:

Sorry, actually, this is one that wraps around back to awesome due to its absurdity

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

The 666 plate makes it. It's the car Travis Touchdown would drive in real life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Powershift posted:

That back end is so goddamn fat he might was well be driving a Judge Dredd Killdozer.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Linedance posted:

MB AMG63 GLE coupe.

Doesn't some goon's wife have this and doesn't even like driving fast, just wanted to get poo poo mileage puttering around town in the most expensive Mercedes she could get?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

Wrong again, this is brilliant.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think the paint is really saves it from being terrible. Even with the ironic(?) vanity plate, if it was murdered out, it would be a knock off batmobile/tank/tumbler-thing, but the obnoxious paint and the whdels on a GM sports car feels like Micheal Bay channeling Suda51. I would own that car in a second

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Powershift posted:

I'm guessing this is Dubai from the scenery and plates so this definitely wraps back around to being awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Abu Dhabi actually.
Close.