Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timn
Mar 16, 2010
I spent some more time doing high intensity CZs for the Neits CG, and I have to say that combat is the most fun it's ever been now. Before it was almost straight-up seal clubbing, beating up endless NPCs that struggle to actually fight back, returning to port without a scratch every time just to reload my multicannons. Now these feel like real fights where you actually have to contend with attrition and get to experience fun mechanics like module malfunction.

Sure it's less efficient for CR/hr. Sorry about your grind I guess. The actual gameplay is much more exciting now though.

P.S. large multicannons are loving dope. If you get the chance to unload into somebody's powerplant they're done for. Excited to get back from the Neits CG and try C4s in the Corvette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Colonial Air Force posted:

:lol: some idiot said max rewards for NPCs should be 1000cr.

Well, he's not wrong. Then just bring the anaconda price down to about 1 million.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Just gave combat a try. Really, really like the added challenge, but the reward is now completely unbalanced imo.

If they simply double the bounties we will be good. Right now cr/hr is down to about 50% for me. And although I am having a lot more fun fighting, from a player progression perspective the changes are bad.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Apparently the Horsehead nebula has become permit-locked for an unknown reason, trapping more than a few players inside who cannot leave because all surrounding systems are also permit locked :lol:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

timn posted:

I spent some more time doing high intensity CZs for the Neits CG, and I have to say that combat is the most fun it's ever been now. Before it was almost straight-up seal clubbing, beating up endless NPCs that struggle to actually fight back, returning to port without a scratch every time just to reload my multicannons. Now these feel like real fights where you actually have to contend with attrition and get to experience fun mechanics like module malfunction.

Sure it's less efficient for CR/hr. Sorry about your grind I guess. The actual gameplay is much more exciting now though.

P.S. large multicannons are loving dope. If you get the chance to unload into somebody's powerplant they're done for. Excited to get back from the Neits CG and try C4s in the Corvette.

so why not up the payouts?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

timn posted:

Sure it's less efficient for CR/hr. Sorry about your grind I guess
Excited to get back from the Neits CG and try C4s in the Corvette.
You have to ask why they don't care about the grind anymore?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Because "gently caress you, got mine."

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Went to go buy water purifiers at Morgan Outpost or whatever. Forgot Anacondas don't do well in 2+G environments.

Pretty sure I crushed the control tower on my way down.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

logged in for the first time in months and couldn't remember my controls. outta nowhere an eagle comes to completely own me in my combat specced anaconda. i was saved at 40% hull by the local security forces.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

IAmTheRad posted:

It's updating the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the game. Shame you can't just disable the 32bit one if you have horizons.

You can, just install only the 64 bit version.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Unprompted reminder that the Cutter and the Clipper got their default paint jobs redone/shaded.

Looks good.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Like how planetary rings now appear to have softer edges and the parts in shadow don't go transparent.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

1500 posted:

Not with the Steam version.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Just a heads up, don't loving bother with cargo delivery missions. If it changes the destination mid-mission on you there's a good chance the new destination station won't have the drop-off on the mission board, leaving you no choice but to ditch the mission and take the penalties :frontear:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

1500 posted:

How?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

slidebite posted:

I think bounties are less. Took out a dangerous Anaconda and it was $110K with a full kill-warrant scan. I would have expected closer to $150 before I think.
Could be worse, just now I jumped into a USS randomly and saw a wanted Anaconda. Blew him up and got... 2,550 credits in bounty.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Friendly reminder that there is nothing worth grinding for in the game and that the stuff you all hate but grind through to get big ships is in fact the core gameplay

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
gently caress this game. If I want useless, time-wasting pain and frustration I'm going back to DayZ.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Its just unkown artifacts at robigo right? How much damage do they actually do?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Making the entire Engineers mechanic Horizons exclusive is a good way to help all the old players on the fence about coming back make up their minds.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone who wants rewards nerfed should automatically have their account reset to a fresh start with zero progress to see what it's like getting all that poo poo back.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Zaardvark posted:

There's a follow-up CG, also at Skvortsov. The launcher is dumb, and mentions it in two seperate articles. One says is starts on May 26, the other says it ends on May 26.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5747284b9657ba83162ffc95

(Deliver water purifiers, HE suits, and coffee to Skvortsov)

Also, just FYI, I am awesome, and personally delivered over 5 kiltons of Narcotics for the previous CG (and got 3 million spacebucks for finishing in the top 10%).
One important thing about hauling CGs: what matters is volume of goods moved so if possible pick the closest system even if it reduces the profit margins.

Also only 5kt? :smug:

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Literally Kermit posted:

Mission Complete

It's shake and bake and I HELPED :frogc00l:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This "1.6 and 2.1 live!" stuff in the launcher is confusing as hell. I logged in and bought some large multicannons (yay) but I can't find an engineer tab in my status screen.

Is that part of the update still in beta?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

DancingShade posted:

This "1.6 and 2.1 live!" stuff in the launcher is confusing as hell. I logged in and bought some large multicannons (yay) but I can't find an engineer tab in my status screen.

Probably a silly question but you have Horizons?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

No, it's live and not confusing at all. But congrats, you made me log in to confirm this. I got a bunch of invitations from explorer-engineers waiting and yes, the engineer tab was there.

Now this is the point where you tell us you don't even have Horizons

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Libluini posted:

No, it's live and not confusing at all. But congrats, you made me log in to confirm this. I got a bunch of invitations from explorer-engineers waiting and yes, the engineer tab was there.

Now this is the point where you tell us you don't even have Horizons

dude you're really starting to live up to your red text these days. :colbert:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

nippythefish posted:

dude you're really starting to live up to your red text these days. :colbert:

The thing is, I never posted any differently. It just took someone nearly four years to notice this.

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
Logged on tonight to get started with Engineers.

Let's grab some Soontill Relics...

"Sorry guys that system's controlling faction is at war which has reduced production to zero. We'll increase that threshold"

Fine then. Let's head off to Merope and grab some MetaMaterials...

"Sorry guys Meta Materials aren't dropping anymore, we have confirmed this internally"

For fucks sake FDEV. Come on.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

nightwisher posted:

Probably a silly question but you have Horizons?

Sure do. What I didn't notice now that you mention it, is that the client order in the launcher changed.

I was loading the wrong one :doh:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

It seems barnacles are now mined out - well most of the popular ones like Merope C and Pleione 11 A.

And they float.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I noticed some pixels were off in my iggle

loving FRONTIER TRYING TO MAKE ME GRIND FOR A BIGGER SHIP

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 27, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The balooning size of the steam client is making me want to just download their own patcher instead. What the gently caress frontier, why cant it just be the executable like every other loving game.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Literally Kermit posted:

Mission Complete

:asoiaf: someone give us the story behind this! Was it a simple case of the BGS now being more fixed or what?

Strategic Tea posted:

I noticed some pixels were off in my iggle

loving FRONTIER TRYING TO MAKE ME GRIND FOR A BIGGER SHIP
You are genuinely terrible, please stop. We all understand that you don't have to have a bigger ship. We also understand that if people want to set themselves the goal of acquiring a bigger ship in the game, it shouldn't be an utterly loving awful soulless grind, there should actually be enjoyable if difficult/challenging ways of reaching that goal, because it's a loving game.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Unprompted reminder that the Cutter and the Clipper got their default paint jobs redone/shaded.

Looks good.

I would gently caress in this.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I wish they'd get an engineer who's specialty is sensors and night vision.

I would kill for a pair of night vision goggles when having to navigate in a totally dark res or the night side of a planet.

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.
Seems they've made a temporary 'fix' for acquiring meta-alloys. From Frontier Forums:

Michael Brooks posted:

Regarding the barnacles: As a stop gap measure we'll open a market at Darnielle's Progress in the Maia system so you can buy meta-alloys from their surplus for a while.

Michael

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

There also was an issue with the Sooiliu Relics where it turns out there was a war in the system they are created in and that ran the rare creation rate down to nil.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

El Grillo posted:

:asoiaf: someone give us the story behind this! Was it a simple case of the BGS now being more fixed or what?

You are genuinely terrible, please stop. We all understand that you don't have to have a bigger ship. We also understand that if people want to set themselves the goal of acquiring a bigger ship in the game, it shouldn't be an utterly loving awful soulless grind, there should actually be enjoyable if difficult/challenging ways of reaching that goal, because it's a loving game.

Nah, it was a month and a half secret op undertaken by less than a dozen people - kept that way in case I hosed it up :v:

I had a much longer post last night ready but I was drunk and lost it. I will post a new story time later today. In short:

RJR has regained control of Jotunheim, thanks to a massive surge last minute where everyone came back to curbstomp Empire Assembly (who took it over in June)

We systematically got RJR all the other landable stations in Jot over the last couple months so they are unlikely to lose BHMH

The Adamant Toads, our pubbie Frogs counterpart, is adopting the RJR as the faction that remained behind (The Diamond Frogs were founded by the RJR who left in exile). They will basically pick up operations that were planned but abandoned a year ago, and

If there's anything more powerful than the loving grind, it's loving spite, therefore

We got it back because we're the motherfucking Diamond Frogs :frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Libluini posted:

The thing is, I never posted any differently. It just took someone nearly four years to notice this.

never got that impression in the Dust thread, dude.

• Locked thread