Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mr Scumbag posted:

Still waiting for some random hacker to dump dollars on me instead of every other object in the game.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Stop ignoring our invites and come play

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zigmidge posted:

Stop ignoring our invites and come play

Haven't seen them at all, I apologise. Probably because the notifications are too small to read on my TV. I'll try to keep an eye out, lately I've just gone on call for Rockets vs. Insurgents.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Finally managed to download the game today. Not running as smoothly as expected, currently trying to figure out what I can do.

Any tips/ideas?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Furia posted:

Finally managed to download the game today. Not running as smoothly as expected, currently trying to figure out what I can do.

Any tips/ideas?

It runs good on PS4 maybe try that

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Furia posted:

Any tips/ideas?

If you're playing on a laptop make sure when you run the program, you right click and choose 'run with XXXX graphics processor' (obv choose the gaming one). And close your browser in the background. It takes up way more ram and you think.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Furia posted:

Any tips/ideas?

The standard catchall answer is to have your game and self radio content on an ssd. I think you might need to give a bit more detail though. What's not smooth, fps? Stuttering? Crashes? World and texture pop-in?

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

Furia posted:

Any tips/ideas?

Specs? Could try windowed.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
My current problem seems to be traffic, oddly enough. The prologue ran perfectly smoothly, and walking around works well enough, but as soon as I encounter traffic or try to drive things go to hell.

I was playing windowed too, so maybe that's a bad omen already.

I checked out online and apparently there is a low specs patch for gta V which turns everything down a notch. Any clues on R* policy for this kind of thing?

Also reliable mod sites were I can find it would also be extremely appreciated.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I should load this poo poo up more often. Gonna get on tonight!

Looking forward to Hunting pack and funnels

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

KoRMaK posted:

I should load this poo poo up more often. Gonna get on tonight!

Looking forward to Hunting pack and funnels

I'm down. Give me a couple hours to get something to eat & then I'll jump in. Always up for FUNnel Derby.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Game is working slightly better having tried it again. Shooting sections seem fine, it seems to be just driving and not much else.

Also, keyboard seems to jam when playing; car will just continue to accelerate to a post and crash into it, only for the game to then register that I was pressing back and left and do both and crash into a wall.

It's kinda great in it's own way

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

So are PS4 people racing tomorrow night?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
New DLC lookin' good:

https://www.facebook.com/ROUSHperformance/videos/10154175292469795/

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I made a thing. You can race on it or something I don't care I'm not your boss.
How do you link to custom jobs? Does this work? https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/jobs/job/oEZbdioGOUq-ncWq51elbQ
It's a nice 5-minute bike race around the hills. No off road bullshit, just watch out for poles.
Should probably be played without traffic because... bikes.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

In light of PC Race War Weekend, I whipped up an air race:

Pullin Gs

Lots of banking turns, lots of low-altitude flying. Still needs a certain checkpoint tweaked, otherwise you'd spawn into a building forever.

Also, there's this pretty chill bike race:

Tour de Goon

Takes 10 to 12 minutes to finish. No traffic. Just you and your fellow PC goons.

And there's this classic:

Fucher's Wet n' Wild Ride

Many of the PC goons have already seen this one. Made a couple of tweaks to it tonight.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Furia posted:

It's kinda great in it's own way

Run the installer again and select Repair, or verify files if in Steam. That poo poo ain't right.

What are your specs, anyway?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

In light of PC Race War Weekend, I whipped up an air race:

Pullin Gs

Lots of banking turns, lots of low-altitude flying. Still needs a certain checkpoint tweaked, otherwise you'd spawn into a building forever.

Also, there's this pretty chill bike race:

Tour de Goon

Takes 10 to 12 minutes to finish. No traffic. Just you and your fellow PC goons.

And there's this classic:

Fucher's Wet n' Wild Ride

Many of the PC goons have already seen this one. Made a couple of tweaks to it tonight.

gently caress yes. There are already a good dozen or so races waiting for us and I know there are a few more in the works! . These race wars are heating up and will spill into the streets soon!

A note to everyone who has something for this weekend: Post a link here of your race, coupe is collecting all of the maps in a playlist to enhance our experience and reduce the drag. Plus who knows, maybe some lurker will like your race enough to stop lurking.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
The new Freaking Finally update is on its way http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52618/gta-online-further-adventures-in-finance-and-felony-coming

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Holy crap this sounds exactly like what I've been talking about.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Dear rockstar:

just straight port the drug dealing minigame from chinatown wars, that poo poo owned (yes I know this will never happen because shark cards)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

That reaper is so loving sexy :shlick:

I don't have enough money who wants to help me make money

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

titties posted:

I'll be down to make some scratch tonight/this weekend.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

:homebrew:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

yes I am looking forward to this :)

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YG0UzV-JrE

Finally more new stuff on its way!!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zigmidge posted:

gently caress yes. There are already a good dozen or so races waiting for us and I know there are a few more in the works! . These race wars are heating up and will spill into the streets soon!

A note to everyone who has something for this weekend: Post a link here of your race, coupe is collecting all of the maps in a playlist to enhance our experience and reduce the drag. Plus who knows, maybe some lurker will like your race enough to stop lurking.

I'm going to be gone this weekend (:() but you know my race of choice. http://rsg.ms/96b3fd8

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I have returned from the wilderness of the Rockies, unmolested by bears or moose, and will be sure-as-gently caress participating in the weekend race war.

I humbly submit my two bike races, designed to both 1) separate good bike racers from losers, and 2) make all my friends hate me:

Back Alley Jam

The PS4 crew got to suffer this one quite a few times, but it's new to my PC family. Alternatively titled, "THAT loving FENCE."

Smokestacks

Punishing for the sake of being punishing, but fun. You'll all probably not want to play with me afterwards. A very technical race that forgoes using "roads" in favor of "trying to drive through the platforms of a factory."

Have fun.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Slim Killington posted:

I humbly submit my two bike races, designed to both 1) separate good bike racers from losers, and 2) make all my friends hate me:

Back Alley Jam

Oh dude, I'm working on a similar thing one neighbourhood over! We can back to back our misery alley series and kill the mumble channel together.

Too bad about the bears, I hear they're party animals.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Things are looking good for you weekend racists.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Do you know how I know that GTA: Online is good?

Every time a new update is announced, Reddit explodes with whiners insisting that no-one plays it anymore and that the game sucks and that they are all entitled to singleplayer DLC.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

i swear if these motherfuckers put out a car that's faster than the t20 after it took me like a year to scrounge up the money to buy one a month ago, i'm going to be SO MAD :(

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Mr Scumbag posted:

Do you know how I know that GTA: Online is good?

Every time a new update is announced, Reddit explodes with whiners insisting that no-one plays it anymore and that the game sucks and that they are all entitled to singleplayer DLC.

Here's the thing,

they're not wrong.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I look forward to Further Adventures with PS4 goons.

Speaking of, I posted links for two created races that titties wasn't able to pull up for a playlist last week and found that it was because they were apparently PS3 only. They've been updated to PS4:

V1 (twisting, high speed road course for sportscars at LSIA. No ramps or goofy poo poo, just racin'. I considered reconfiguring the second and third corners but didn't like how it drove): https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/jsprague24/games/gtav/jobs/job/vTDvoMmIUkm9SfvlNYJYhw?platformId=11
Horsepower: (down 'n dirty race at Vinewood Park): https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/jsprague24/games/gtav/jobs/job/iD9lAzFLJkSyz1BdEuZrjA?platformId=11

How does one sync their Snapmatic pics to Social Club? I want to post Aard getting his (her?) swerve on at Vespucci Beach with a hooker with me awkwardly looking on from the night I played with he and Wee Bairns a couple weeks ago.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

How does one sync their Snapmatic pics to Social Club? I want to post Aard getting his (her?) swerve on at Vespucci Beach with a hooker with me awkwardly looking on from the night I played with he and Wee Bairns a couple weeks ago.

I believe it is the right thumbstick click while the photo you want to upload is highlighted in the gallery view. You should see the prompt at the bottom of the screen. Don't open the photo you want, do it in the gallery.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol why would Rockstar make singleplayer DLC

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

mutata posted:

lol why would Rockstar make singleplayer DLC

Lots of legitimate reasons. They could make a single player DLC with a new land area and gate your ability to use it in Online behind purchasing the DLC.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah! But see, you said "purchase", there. So the choice is have some people annoyed about not having SP DLC or have everyone angry because "I have to buy this DLC? They've all been free! loving COCKSTAR"

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

mutata posted:

Ah! But see, you said "purchase", there. So the choice is have some people annoyed about not having SP DLC or have everyone angry because "I have to buy this DLC? They've all been free! loving COCKSTAR"

Yeah but it's a fools errand to try and please goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

They would never make a free single player DLC. There has never been a free single player DLC for GTA.

If people are expecting a single player DLC and they expect it to be free? Then they are morons.

• Locked thread