Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko

shinmai posted:

considering I'm getting the tattoo go commemorate five years of being sober, that would be some class A irony

I'm not scared to get tatted, but being sleepy and cranky and not feeling good will definitely not make the process more enjoyable

I took some melatonin and put some rain sounds on, hopefully I'll soon drift into Morpheus' warm embrace, as I belive the cool kids say these days.

Hello teetotaler buddy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

I Was The Fury posted:

Doesn't BYOB already have a dedicated thread for resolutions?

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
just finished reading all of Preacher

oo boi was that a wild ride

problematic hug

HighwireAct posted:

just finished reading all of Preacher

oo boi was that a wild ride

yeah man. how bout that nondescript spoiler-free ending about that character. you know the one...

shinmai

CHK Instruction

I Was The Fury posted:

Oh then don't chug nyquil. And congratulations on spending half a decade above the influence! That's some strength right there

I don't think we even have Nyquil here in Finland, so I'm safe. And thanks :)

Yobgoblin posted:

Congratulations on 5 years, brother. How does it feel to have reached that milestone?

It's weird, really. Everything started off so easy, I was constantly paranoid that something was bound to happen and I'd slip up. Now that it's been five years I'm finally starting to believe in myself :P

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i'm a big fan of weapons-grade irony but you do you

I can assure you, my life is already plenty ironic. Remind me to share the story about how I lost a year of my life to non-military service because I was too tired at the draft doctor's. :P

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hello teetotaler buddy!!

Hi!! What's your favorite mocktail? I really like these alcohol-free mojitos myself :3:

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
oh, sorry i forgot to say it, but congrats shinmai!! that's a huge accomplishment.

Matoi Ryuko

shinmai posted:

Hi!! What's your favorite mocktail? I really like these alcohol-free mojitos myself :3:

Never had one! I like...fruit shakes? I dunno.

pig guts

shinmai posted:

considering I'm getting the tattoo go commemorate five years of being sober, that would be some class A irony

hey man, congrats, in recovery as well :^) five years is a long time!

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shinmai posted:

I don't think we even have Nyquil here in Finland, so I'm safe. And thanks :)

It's weird, really. Everything started off so easy, I was constantly paranoid that something was bound to happen and I'd slip up. Now that it's been five years I'm finally starting to believe in myself :P

I can assure you, my life is already plenty ironic. Remind me to share the story about how I lost a year of my life to non-military service because I was too tired at the draft doctor's. :P

I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself. BYOB believes in you and that's definitely something. I always thought virgin drinks tasted better without alcohol I got some stuff to tell you (and anyone wanting to read this is more than welcome to).

Watching what I say here. I'm comfy releasing this info the way it is don't worry, Im chilling right now, sleeping medication is already kicking in. Going to bring a journal with me when I go with my mother see my grandparents and my mom's mentally disabled sister tomorrow.

:siren:No judgement would be greatly appreciated and I'm going to ignore whoever breaks this keystone-like rule of mine.:siren:

Reminder: I'm okay with saying all this. I feel it helps people get a better grasp on what goes on with me on a daily basis. Anyone who has a problem with this doesn't fully understand and isn't ready to read this (just has problems of their own they haven't dealt with in a lasting way).

quote:

Backstory:

I had a really good enlightening day. Learned more on how to control my natural-born tendencies. I was born genetically on my mother's side. I an odd duck and quickly developed very strange and stressful social behaviors that scared the hearts of my parents as well as my 2 year old brother. I was a year old and I was extremely scared of interacting with anybody who wasn't close to me in my family. Over the span of 2 or 3 years, my parents were able to get some of the best professional help (recommended by doctors at the hospital I was born in) with the generous help of finances through both their parents.

My natural-born unhealthy obsessions with things and people (whom I felt connections both big and small with) that interest me was also heightened by my manic/depressive tendencies (which in total is one helluva a gigantic double-edged sword and for a long time wasn't easy for me to manage).

The naturally occurring tendencies to have unhealthy obsessions was most likely passed down from my resiliently crafty grandfather (papa) but it wasn't obvious at the time. To this day, he is a sharp person and a handy man who refuses to take narcos for his pain. I hope to spend more time with him before he passes.

The manic/depressive tendencies was passed down from my dear sweet grandmother (nana) who just isn't a socially comfortable person any more.

I always pay extra attention to them (this time it'll be without my phone coming out of my pocket).

The manic/depressive tendencies laid dormant for a long time But I triggered them circa going nuts from a dual hardcore physical withdrawals (cold turkey) off both alcohol and heroin Yes, you read that right. Both. It's one gently caress of a flu-ride . I can't make any of this up even if I tried to, brother.

Anyway, I ended up schooling a class about drinking and driving while under the influence and blew the teacher (Let's call her: "D".) away. gave her advice on self control and I found it helpful. My dad did too and it's awesome ... just so awesome! My mom also did too. I'm glad the 3 of us were able to be adults about it because sometimes ignorance takes over when trust has been betrayed just too many times. Family is very important to me. I can't stress that enough.

I know what some of you are thinking. This happened before and I pulled out like a weak fool. Rest assured it wont happen again. Permaban me if I go on another big baby melt down. Getting a DUI was the kick in the nads I needed. The consequences of relapsing outweigh the enjoyment of relapsing significantly.

Time to sleep to Piso's recommended fine album.

I hope I don't get into trouble over sharing this. I don't want any trouble and I don't want any food for my immortal and starving ego.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 27, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
hey man, if you need to let it out, let it out. the chill abides.

it's awesome that were able to kick those addictions and stick with it; takes a hell of a lot of strength

bean mom

:glomp:

----------------

bean mom

and another thing: Fluffie Duckie you're one of the best mods I've ever interacted with, you seem to truly care about us and it shines through. Simply, thank you :D

----------------

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Yobgoblin posted:

heavy stuff

Thank you for sharing, Yobgoblin. I very much appreciated reading that. No judgement, and I'm glad to hear you and your family managed to find a way through the hard times you had!

Re: Virgin drinks: I've found that many bartenders really like making them, because they usually just pour liquor into a mixer, but when you just order "something virgin" they get to make fun cocktails and actually show off their skills.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Zyla posted:

and another thing: Fluffie Duckie you're one of the best mods I've ever interacted with, you seem to truly care about us and it shines through. Simply, thank you :D

I've only been here for a short while, but I definitely second this!

3D Megadoodoo

shinmai posted:

Thank you for sharing, Yobgoblin. I very much appreciated reading that. No judgement, and I'm glad to hear you and your family managed to find a way through the hard times you had!

Re: Virgin drinks: I've found that many bartenders really like making them, because they usually just pour liquor into a mixer, but when you just order "something virgin" they get to make fun cocktails and actually show off their skills.

I went to a bar and ordered "something virgin" and they gave me a mirror gently caress my life.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Jerry Cotton posted:

I went to a bar and ordered "something virgin" and they gave me a mirror gently caress my life.

i wound up on the sex offenders register for pretty much the same gag but in a school cafeteria

hi how are you ♥

3D Megadoodoo

i wound up on the sex offenders register for pretty much the same gag but in a school cafeteria

i didn't know you were a mod

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Jerry Cotton posted:

i didn't know you were a mod

you didn't knew because you weren't one

hi how are you ♥

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New crew: "Lebowski's Dudes"

3D Megadoodoo

you didn't knew because you weren't one

now i am one: i have achieved cosmic awareness

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yobgoblin posted:

New crew: "Lebowski's Dudes"

Being a Dudeist priest or some thing I'm gonna vote for this (and yes I will draw the tags yay)

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scathach posted:

Being a Dudeist priest or some thing I'm gonna vote for this (and yes I will draw the tags yay)

I'm glad to hear it. Let's take this to the dudeism thread to keep it alive again.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i don't support any gang tags aside from ghostin' pals and the ones you earn with your own two posting hands

hi how are you ♥

treasure bear

community badges

Piso Mojado

some are gang tags, like ones that identify you as part of a group (i.e. Posting Pals, Bone Buds). However, if it's an award like 'Paticipant' or 'You're Inconsistent', then it's a community badge.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i don't support any gang tags aside from ghostin' pals and the ones you earn with your own two posting hands

So you do support Lebowski's Dudes, then?
[Walter voice] am I wrong?

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[oversharing removed]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
this tear tattooed under my eye is here because someone in a rival community died

treasure bear

Luvcow posted:

this tear tattooed under my eye is here because someone in a rival community died

Piso Mojado

Luvcow posted:

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I paid a very nice person money to do this to my body. This is a very good day and I'm feeling very good.

Piso Mojado

shinmai posted:

I paid a very nice person money to do this to my body. This is a very good day and I'm feeling very good.

some people take tic-tac-toe very seriously.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Thank you for sharing Yobgoblin, that can't be easy to bare your soul like that. It does help sometimes to just let loose though. I know I've done it on SA before, though my situation was a little different. I for one hope you aren't permabanned if it happens again.

And congratulations on your fresh ink shinmai! Here's to another 5 years of sobriety, and many more sets of 5 years afterwards!

3D Megadoodoo

shinmai posted:

I always thought the X on the hand meant straight edge but last Saturday I was at a bar and a dude with an X just like yours (not the O tho) came in really pissed and he said it was something else but I can't remember what.

3D Megadoodoo

Maybe he lied though.

weird

by zen death robot

Zyla posted:

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe he lied though.

to me "x" will always represent the 24th letter of the alphabet

hi how are you ♥

killertunes

Tastes like chicken!
Just cruising through to drop my weekly turd...ehm... I mean post. I was fussed at because I don't post enough. My problem is I'm just too busy with life, but I don't want anyone to feel left out. =)

shinmai

CHK Instruction

I Was The Fury posted:

Thank you for sharing Yobgoblin, that can't be easy to bare your soul like that. It does help sometimes to just let loose though. I know I've done it on SA before, though my situation was a little different. I for one hope you aren't permabanned if it happens again.

:same:

I Was The Fury posted:

And congratulations on your fresh ink shinmai! Here's to another 5 years of sobriety, and many more sets of 5 years afterwards!
Thanks! :h:

Jerry Cotton posted:

I always thought the X on the hand meant straight edge but last Saturday I was at a bar and a dude with an X just like yours (not the O tho) came in really pissed and he said it was something else but I can't remember what.

Tattoos mean a lot of different things to a lot of people. I won't presume to call someone a liar, but my X definitely means straight edge :)

to me "x" will always represent the 24th letter of the alphabet

Controversial point of view, but I support your right to hold it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog pixie

does anyone know a good place for me to use this ---> thanks