Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Widowmaker is way more boring than Bastion. Widowmaker is literally just your bullshit FPS sniper with xray vision sometimes.

Blizzard also missed the mark in having X-ray vision in a godamn FPS. Now it's that much harder to tell if a player is cheating.

They should just tweak the numbers so she does less damage on a body shot but the critical multiplier is a bit higher so headshots are the same.

I'd also advocate for even less damage to the limbs because gently caress non-interactive classes like Widow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
when you've only got 1-2 people in los of the cart because everyone's flanking or sniping or being junkrat, i've had a lot of success with rolling zarya and surfing it to a win

her ability to take care of herself and ignore chip damage is baller as heck and she's surprisingly good at harassing bastions

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Eonwe posted:

looks like we have barons to thank for the icon and hamburger test to thank for buying the zenpop emote

for all your overwatch eyepop needs

no no, not me - some guy with a reddish avatar

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They could put D.Va's head hitbox on the back of the mech or something

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Zzulu posted:

they simply need to remove Dvas head

New D.VA model leaked.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
this guy:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

D.Va's mech should have her headshot point on her back, like Bastion in turret form.

Now she's the brutal 1v1 harasser/front line tank she should be, but will still crumple to a coordinated attack or sneaky Tracer or whatever.

Blizzard you can PayPal me my consultant fee at

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Just remove D.Va in my opinion.

Anything she can do Winston can do better, Winston can do anything better than her.

e: She's literally just an attempt to win back Korean players into Blizzard games after they hosed up so badly with SC2.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 27, 2016

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

mormonpartyboat posted:

when you've only got 1-2 people in los of the cart because everyone's flanking or sniping or being junkrat, i've had a lot of success with rolling zarya and surfing it to a win

her ability to take care of herself and ignore chip damage is baller as heck and she's surprisingly good at harassing bastions

What's "chip damage?"

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Ddraig posted:

Just remove D.Va in my opinion.

Anything she can do Winston can do better, Winston can do anything better than her.

It's harder for people to jack it to Winston though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dick Trauma posted:

What's "chip damage?"

Small amounts of incidental damage that "chip" away at health. I've only seen it used in reference to fighting games though.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Thor-Stryker posted:

Not on the internet, my friend!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
but not impossible :mario:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

What's "chip damage?"

when someone steps on your doritos :negative:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

well maybe they should git gud

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Thor-Stryker posted:

don't kinkshame

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

merge the two heroes so you have a small korean girl piloting a giant ape

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Radical posted:

Winston is not an ape, he's a scientist.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Blizz should let us play just as D.Va's mech

We should also be able to start the match as Pilot D.Va by holding down the A button when the map is loading

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Radical posted:

agreed but a tiny gorilla piloting a giant korean pop idol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Kerrrrrrr posted:

when someone steps on your doritos :negative:

i am v upset that there is not a doritos skin for soldier

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Piloting the mech is super fun and I love how weighty it feels. The charge is also a lot of fun.

Winston just can't compete with that.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Radical posted:

This is my fetish.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

deadwing posted:

Wait until everyone finds out the Double Winston strat for attacking. Those shields are mean, and having two apes to jump in and place them as needed just shuts down defenders.

4 Winston 2 Lucio is good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Fried Watermelon posted:

Blizz should let us play just as D.Va's mech

We should also be able to start the match as Pilot D.Va by holding down the A button when the map is loading

I want to play the arcade games in Hanamura instead of skirmish when I'm waiting for a new match.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Your Computer posted:

Piloting the mech is super fun and I love how weighty it feels. The charge is also a lot of fun.

Winston just can't compete with that.

Yeah, people who throw out the "But X character is objectively better!" just sound really lame to me. Like, when you play smash bros do you exclusively play Shiek and Diddy Kong? Are you completely dead inside?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah, people who throw out the "But X character is objectively better!" just sound really lame to me. Like, when you play smash bros do you exclusively play Shiek and Diddy Kong? Are you completely dead inside?

They were the same kids who, when you were playing superheroes, would say their superpower was everybody else's powers combined but also stronger.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lots of people play competitive games to win and will thus pick the stronger character so they can win i dont think this is really surprising

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D.va's fun but she could also be buffed to at least be good.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Winston is also more fun than D.Va because Primal Rage is so much better than Self Destruct.

They think they've got me down but they didn't plan on me going ape and sending them across the map with my giant gorilla hands.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Even if you're not playing in competitive-level events, some people have fun by being effective. If you look at Tracer and go "I LOVE PLUCKY FIGHTER PILOTS WITH A SCI-FI TWIST," that's fine but some of us were like "oh poo poo you mean I can play TF2 Scout but with even more insane bullshit? SIGN ME UP"

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'll happily do suboptimal picks in all kinds of games but i don't pretend they're not bad choices for winning just because they entertain me

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Worst thing to see when getting into a game is someone instant locking d.va. You know the dude has a 95% chance of sucking incredibly hard. Most of the time the guys stay at full range shooting their canons, never use their shields and barely ever dash.

I actually like playing dva a lot. She's fast, knocks people around, does a lot of damage in close range and can be a huge prick against a team. She's absolutely horrible when she has absolutely no backup though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm a super casual player who thinks D.Va is one of the most fun characters and I also thinks she deserves a buff/redesign because right now she's in a pretty weird spot :)

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
While playing to win D.Va probably won't recommend D.Va.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Worst thing to see when getting into a game is someone instant locking d.va. You know the dude has a 95% chance of sucking incredibly hard. Most of the time the guys stay at full range shooting their canons, never use their shields and barely ever dash.

I actually like playing dva a lot. She's fast, knocks people around, does a lot of damage in close range and can be a huge prick against a team. She's absolutely horrible when she has absolutely no backup though.

I think Dva's shield is her most important aspect. That thing's cooldown is pretty short, and it can let your team move, murder a bastion, and straight up negate a couple of ults.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
What was different with Dva in closed beta? Someone said she was actually good back then

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I made it a point last night to use dva for 4 or 5 straight matches, just to see if she really sucks that bad. I wrecked poo poo with her for the most part, just have to play to her strengths. You essentially have two lives, and can quickly summon another mech if you can aim worth a poo poo. Only downside really is that I rarely got a kill with my ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellyscribe
Jan 14, 2008
See how yond justice rails upon yond simple thief. Hark in thine ear: change places and, handy-dandy, which is the justice, which is the thief?
Does anyone else have weird sound issues with Reaper's shotguns? When I fire it makes constant firing noises, like x3 the actual fire rate. This happens in kill cams and POTGs too.