Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

quote:

Tatemoto: No. I basically started that Kickstarter, and I was at a bar drinking with my friend when it finished. I really did not expect to reach the goal so quickly.

Wakabayashi: We did not expect to finish it in five hours. We thought it would take a larger span. We were skeptical that we were going to finish it in a month and we were like, let's just put a little lower than what we want.

Tatemoto: But yeah, I was drunk. I was pretty wasted when my other friend called me and said “congratulations for finishing your Kickstarter.” And I was like, "you mean ‘started.’" And responded, "no you just finished." I really couldn't believe my friend until I saw for myself later that night.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Command Ant posted:

I'm looking forward to when Panty and Stocking show up.

This is just such a fantastic bit of animation.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Good read.

quote:

Sushio: I did everything that I wanted to do in Kill la Kill in the series already, so if it’s an anime series you want, i’m pretty satisfied. But I do feel like I want to do a comic series for Kill la Kill, like a “Kill la Kill Origins."

quote:

Wakabayashi: Inferno Cop received quite the unexpected response. Our client wanted another series. To go back a little bit, Inferno Cop’s original plan was to spend as little time and effort as possible. It turned out we were only allowed to use two hours per week to make each episode of Inferno Cop. We took that to another level for Turning Girls.

So what we basically did was, we gathered all the female staff at Trigger. They’re not animators. They might be the janitorial girl or whatever, normal non-animator staff. We just gave them an idea and we told them to make an anime. We wanted to find out if they could make an anime. It was an experiment.

So Inferno Cop did well overseas and Turning Girls didn’t do so well overseas, but our client keeps asking us to make a sequel to Turning Girls, and we’re shocked.

Ani-Gamers (Evan): It's really good.

Wakabayashi: I’m the audio director for Turning Girls.

The four girls in Turning Girls are a reflection of the actual staff that worked on it. So basically they did the directing and they actually drew it themselves, it’s a pretty accurate reflection of who they are, as well.

Ogiue Maniax: Could you say which one is Kaerun?

Wakabayashi: There’s a girl in the office that wants to be an idol. That’s 100% real, legit. She exists.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want to meet Kaerun.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I checked out Turning Girls and it was really funny. So thanks for the heads up.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Hypocrisy posted:

I checked out Turning Girls and it was really funny. So thanks for the heads up.

I too have joined Kaerun's fan club.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i want an inferno cop sequel. come on do it trigger.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Nova why won't you acknowledge Luluco's love for you

he would prefer not to

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

point of return posted:

he would prefer not to

It's not that he'd prefer not to, it's just that he doesn't care one way or another about it.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
don't pretend he's not basically bartleby the scrivener

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Fiend Computer posted:

i want an inferno cop sequel. come on do it trigger.

Already confirmed awhile ago.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I'm going to marry Kaeru and we're going to live in a big frog shaped house and I'm going to bribe and blackmail everyone into making her the big idol she deserves to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItFfoRzVOaE&t=316s

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Fiend Computer posted:

i want a turning girls sequel. come on do it trigger.

:same:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the girlymatsus were part of the way to turning girls S2

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Mr. Fowl posted:

Every so often, I'm reminded of how badly I need more Turning Girls.

You may be in luck.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Welp, thanks to this thread I finally sat down and saw all of Inferno Cop and also discovered, found and saw all of Turning Girls. I need more.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Welp, thanks to this thread I finally sat down and saw all of Inferno Cop and also discovered, found and saw all of Turning Girls. I need more.

Watch Ninja Slayer From Animation, the greatest anime of all time. Both the sub and dub are good!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Silento posted:

Watch Ninja Slayer From Animation, the greatest anime of all time. Both the sub and dub are good!

That one I was watching as it came out but at some point I just fell off, it's too long for what it's doing, imo.

Then again it's not like there's anything else like it so I might as well finish it whenever I need more Inferno Cop/Turning Girls

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

hackadoll

it's got more actual animation but if what you want is another funny short series done by people at trigger, there it is

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

teekyuu is the ultimate short anime

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Command Ant posted:

I'm going to marry Kaeru and we're going to live in a big frog shaped house and I'm going to bribe and blackmail everyone into making her the big idol she deserves to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItFfoRzVOaE&t=316s

You are more than welcome to the worst girl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://a.pomf.cat/sxigte.mp4

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Please support Chiwa, the true best girl

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Only now on the approximately 700th time i've watched this have i noticed she's rinsing her mouth with the Cup of Cold Water from Chiwa's episode. :allears:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
e:rip

Hace fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 27, 2016

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Please support Chiwa, the true best girl

Nice GTO reference.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It was very Sex and Violence with Machspeed. At least the season had a happy ending. Or did it?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So long, Se-chan. We hardly knew ye.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ramos posted:

So long, Se-chan. We hardly knew ye.

Oh she's fine

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I am glad everything had a happy ending Luluco deserved it.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
I have no idea what an Ogikubo is anymore.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jo Joestar posted:

I have no idea what an Ogikubo is anymore.

Man what isn't an Ogikubo

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'm just glad Luluco finally has it

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's more of an ideal, you see...

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Ogikubo is in the eye of the beholder.

I really hope we get to find out what Midori spent all of her money on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
something on this page keeps tripping my antivirus

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

something on this page keeps tripping my antivirus

The webm Hace posted is costed on pomf.cat, which for some reason has started causing anti-viruses to flip out recently.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In the final episode, everything is back to normal and Ogikubo is safely back on Earth. Luluco invites Nova over for tea, and he accepts, but as she turns around, he pulls out a sword and chops her into pieces.

"I'm sorry. But surprise, I'm actually a demon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
oop taken care of

• Locked thread