Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

GTCC is happening now. Hatchbacks and we have shared tunes.

GT: Phancypants83

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Okay, rolling starts are officially better.

And looking at the notes... drafting is back in? Hasn't drafting been in since Forza 1?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

PhancyPants posted:

And looking at the notes... drafting is back in? Hasn't drafting been in since Forza 1?

I think it's new HUD indicators for drafting.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
"Thrill as a menu that wouldnt be out of place on an atari 2600 appears to show you where you are in the pits, not the 3d textures and models we've used in the past."

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

I get what they're going for there. It's really hard to have situational awareness coming out of the pits. The menu is ugly as gently caress, but at least you can see where the pack is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

That they've even addressed stuff like that at all is nice. It's not as pretty as it ought to be but it serves its purpose and they can work on its aesthetics for Forza 7.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turn-10 has certainly done more this game with support then they have in the previous titles. Turn-10 has generally always been just a few patches, the DLC, and then they moved on.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

PhancyPants posted:

Now the controller vibrates when you're in the draft.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

njsykora posted:

The argument about this extending the consoles lifespan doesn't really hold water with me when the last gen consoles ran for 8-9 years and the current gen isn't even at 3.

Its because the hardware in the PS3 and 360 was of better quality when the consoles launched than both the PS4 and xbone were at launch. So now we are stuck where they either were going to make this a short cycle or release extended hardware like Sony and MS apparently decided to do together.

I do fully expect 2 or 3 years after the new hardware is out, that we will start getting games that wont run on the base system.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Now the controller vibrates when you're in the draft.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense, thanks!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cubey posted:

That they've even addressed stuff like that at all is nice. It's not as pretty as it ought to be but it serves its purpose and they can work on its aesthetics for Forza 7.
It'll be nice if they ever figure out how to make multiplayer work right.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The drivatar update is pretty nice. I ran the Daytona Nascar endurance and the drivatar's no longer slam the breaks if you bump in to their back bumper. Pretty sure bump drafting doesn't do anything, but it's nice they don't freak out like they used too.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You can definitely push the drivatars. I did it to one car and we pulled away from the pack.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It'll be nice if they ever figure out how to make multiplayer work right.

Seems that with today's patch they broke MP more.

But some improvements with leagues:

quote:

RBW Triton: We moved the player count for points to the start of the race. This means you will no longer be penalized for people leaving the race after race start. If they start the race and leave, your points will count them in the final tally.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm convinced something was up with my multiplayer last night. I kept getting proximity arrows for cars that were whole corners behind or ahead of me, and was accused of crashes that i neither saw or had any part of (the car finished the race without a dent or scratch), Something is up.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'm convinced something was up with my multiplayer last night. I kept getting proximity arrows for cars that were whole corners behind or ahead of me, and was accused of crashes that i neither saw or had any part of (the car finished the race without a dent or scratch), Something is up.

I've been getting them on tracks where one straight is going one way and the back straight another way (Long Beach, Prague, Rio). Nothing weirder than getting the arrow to the right when there is nothing between you and the wall.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think the arrows show up when you pass a spot where someone retired from the race. The game still thinks their car is there, or something.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

geeves posted:

Seems that with today's patch they broke MP more.
lol gg t10

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

I think the arrows show up when you pass a spot where someone retired from the race. The game still thinks their car is there, or something.

Yeah, and they might not show up in race, but they are artifacts in the race recording.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yeah just got done with a race where one of the dudes never moved off the start line on my screen, then at the end of the race he finished 2nd in my class ahead of two other dudes. Good stuff :thumbsup:

If they fixed this kind of poo poo and gave us a storefront that wasn't abject rear end, this game would be the best in the series. I hate when a game has this kind of potential and the dudes in charge piss it away.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm507285_League-points--fix-in-progress---see-posts--39--44.aspx#post_507285

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They seem to have at least fixed the issues with the Nascar league. Played some nice races this morning.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Apex: Is anyone else getting a lot of random freezes while it's loading an event?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Went to fast on the end screen and forgot to save the replay. Ran a Nascar league race on Homestead Oval with 22 people... 2 people toward the front hosed up in the turn. I think only the front 2 or 3 cars made it through the first turn without damage.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Apex: Is anyone else getting a lot of random freezes while it's loading an event?

I've had that as well but only on the tours, it get's stuck on the load screen with the music still playing but the spinner stops in the right hand corner. Free mode events load all the time.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I picked up the NASCAR expansion on the weekend. Didn't get too far in the campaign yet, but they are fun to drive, and the new track is... An oval. It's alright.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

WienerDog posted:

and the new track is... An oval. It's alright.

They have a few versions of the infield course which is pretty good for a roval

Sadly they neglected to include the nearby go-kart track :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrAsaPf23rY&t=131s

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 24, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WienerDog posted:

I picked up the NASCAR expansion on the weekend. Didn't get too far in the campaign yet, but they are fun to drive, and the new track is... An oval. It's alright.

Well, its a different shaped oval and the roval courses are fun. Also you can do oval races in the rain.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

oval races in the rain.

That's a solid country band name.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Willie Nelson should make this a song.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You guys have had some time with the content how is the NASCAR pack? I'm mainly interested in multiplayer Daytona and Indy oval racing but also some Watkins Glen if someone has spent time with it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

:france::hf::italy:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Why doesn't Turn10 have special lobbies for big race weekends? Does having an Indycar lobby running the Indy oval only makes sense to me?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

jabro posted:

Why doesn't Turn10 have special lobbies for big race weekends? Does having an Indycar lobby running the Indy oval only makes sense to me?

Im sure the answer is "licencing agreement". Just make a private race and invite people, im not sure if pubbies join private games like the old days.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

jabro posted:

That would involve Turn10 caring about the Forza community beyond churning out car packs.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

After watching 24 Hours of Nurburgring, Forza 7 will have a new weather mode: Hail.

geeves fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 28, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
F1 2015 is on sale for :15bux: (and includes f1 2014 as well)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 28, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Tasteful. Nice pic.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So I'm floating the idea of bringing GRC back because I miss the more serious racing stuff like mandatory pits, 20-30 minute races, specs based on real life racing series. And spreadsheets with points. And cool posters announcing the weekly events. I love GTCC though and don't want to interfere with that or quit racing with them because they really do have the finest dick jokes on the internet.

I'm thinking of bringing GRC back for Wednesday nights for people that are interested in doing that sort of thing. Is there any interest or is one barely attended club enough? Any interest in more serious racing?

With the new features like pits and rolling starts it's really making me hungry for some good goon racing based on real life racing series like we always did with the GRC recurring spec. And with the new blind spot alert stuff it should make racing a bit cleaner some everyone will have a little more awareness.

Tell me what you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I would be interested in this. I liked the fact that there were specs and tracks scheduled ahead of time so I could build a few cars and practice on the tracks ahead of time. I'm getting finished with all the other games I've been playing, and Apex isn't really scratching my racing game itch and have been thinking of coming back for some racing.

• Locked thread