Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BitBasher posted:

They would never make a free single player DLC. There has never been a free single player DLC for GTA.

If people are expecting a single player DLC and they expect it to be free? Then they are morons.

Yes, exactly. We are in agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Oh man I can finally sell off the Vacca and have an appropriate replacement, that's fuckin' exciting :dance:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Aardmania posted:

Things are looking good for you weekend racists.

double bux/RP for races AND SUMO?! this is gonna be a great weekend :allears:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

coupedeville posted:

double bux/RP for races AND SUMO?! this is gonna be a great weekend :allears:

My thoughts exactly!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
they shitcanned the guy behind lost and gay tony expansions in the most comically villainous way imaginable and salted the earth where he stood.

so i'm not expecting story dlc any time soon.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

they shitcanned the guy behind lost and gay tony expansions in the most comically villainous way imaginable and salted the earth where he stood.

so i'm not expecting story dlc any time soon.

this

tlad and gay tony sold like garbage compared to GTAIV; something like <5% attach rate

Rockstar basically swore off SP DLC for GTA after that

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

coupedeville posted:

this

tlad and gay tony sold like garbage compared to GTAIV; something like <5% attach rate

Yet they did SP DLC for Red Dead Redemption

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

Zigmidge posted:

gently caress yes. There are already a good dozen or so races waiting for us and I know there are a few more in the works! . These race wars are heating up and will spill into the streets soon!

A note to everyone who has something for this weekend: Post a link here of your race, coupe is collecting all of the maps in a playlist to enhance our experience and reduce the drag. Plus who knows, maybe some lurker will like your race enough to stop lurking.

I updated the two we played last night and made another:

Playing in the Mud - Kind of an obvious course but I love driving on that construction site/motocross track, so I took my first stab at the map editor there. The sanchez is great for it of course, but I have a lot of fun with cars on it too. Pantos only was great last night. I've changed up the props a bit and I think it makes where you're supposed to go a bit more obvious.

Over and Under - A street race going over and under a pair of bridges. Fast straightaways over the bridges and a couple complex turning sections in between. I moved the starting point to the other bridge to hopefully reduce the clusterfuck at that chokepoint, and tried to make the turn indicating props more visible.

Don't Forget Your Snorkel - Off road river crossing race around the delta. I tested it with the Mesa and Rebel, and both worked well. It's fun to me, but I won't be too surprised if everyone else but Top Hats hates it, haha.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

coupedeville posted:

this

This blows because I love both of those.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Wasn't that all on GFWL though? I'm surprised it even sold that much.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Medullah posted:

Yet they did SP DLC for Red Dead Redemption

yea red dead not gta

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Slim Killington posted:

Oh man I can finally sell off the Vacca and have an appropriate replacement, that's fuckin' exciting :dance:

First person to buy this car and make the license plate "TAINT" will have my unending respect. :colbert:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

First person to buy this car and make the license plate "TAINT" will have my unending respect. :colbert:

:lol:

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I have a friend who before the next DLC comes out, wants to buy a new CLEAN GTA online account and use an online modding engine, to shower me and his other friends in cash because: 'It will pay for itself because I'm not buying shark cards' Are there any recommended ones? Or does he (like I'd imagine) risk having both accounts banned?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

As long as it's not like fuckin $5 million, i'll do it. I own all the Benny's cars, i'm not above making bad decisions with in game cash in return for stupid cars :v:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

itsjustdrew posted:

I have a friend who before the next DLC comes out, wants to buy a new CLEAN GTA online account and use an online modding engine, to shower me and his other friends in cash because: 'It will pay for itself because I'm not buying shark cards' Are there any recommended ones? Or does he (like I'd imagine) risk having both accounts banned?

You stress clean and then get paranoid about them banning both accounts in the same breath, nice.

He'll be fine.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 28, 2016

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Zigmidge posted:

You stress clean and then get paranoid about them banning both accounts in the same breath, nice.

He'll be fine.

I'm a bit of a techtard, I know very little about how online servers work. I have no idea how deeply they look in to each case, for all i know they could check for IP (or something) and ban everything linked to that IP.

However I thank you for your reply. If anyone can recommend a menu / engine that still works online (or you have experience with) I'd be thankful .

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

itsjustdrew posted:

Few things to note regarding money hacking: Rockstar have said in the past that they won't ban anyone for receiving money as it's impossible to avoid someone spraying you with money, this as it turns out is a load of horse poo poo.

it looks like when you hit about $16m(or whatever the value of the highest shark card is plus a little lee-way) they go check if you've actually bought one, if you have, nothing happens, if you haven't, you eat a two week ban and they reset your cash to $0

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Pound_Coin posted:

it looks like when you hit about $16m(or whatever the value of the highest shark card is plus a little lee-way) they go check if you've actually bought one, if you have, nothing happens, if you haven't, you eat a two week ban and they reset your cash to $0

Oh this is news to me, I'll shut up about hacker money.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Pound_Coin posted:

Few things to note regarding money hacking: Rockstar have said in the past that they won't ban anyone for receiving money as it's impossible to avoid someone spraying you with money, this as it turns out is a load of horse poo poo.

News to me also, is that a case of how much you receive? or how much you HAVE? the way you wrote it makes it look like you mean have, but I just want to be super anal about this. If HAVE is the case can he drop 10 million, then I fill my garage with supers then drop 10m more) (or up to 16m?)

itsjustdrew fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 28, 2016

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
If you want to be super careful, yeah, just take what you need, encourage your friend to hand out money in small doses then space it out a bit, maybe he can keep that account going for a while

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
That'd be perfect, his original plan would be to drop a sum around 2-4 million every 5 days or so.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
http://rsg.ms/ba98c03

I made a race, it's probably bad, but I'm getting a handle on the race creator. Definitely will mess around with this more.

Also the loving filter for descriptions sucks rear end. Anything more than I put into the description was "forbidden" and I have no idea why.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

coupedeville posted:

this

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Wasn't that all on GFWL though? I'm surprised it even sold that much.

The problem there was the expansions were Xbox only when historically it was a Playstation franchise before that. It was a year before they launched on anything except Xbox by then the interest for them died.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 28, 2016

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

itsjustdrew posted:

I'm a bit of a techtard, I know very little about how online servers work. I have no idea how deeply they look in to each case, for all i know they could check for IP (or something) and ban everything linked to that IP.

However I thank you for your reply. If anyone can recommend a menu / engine that still works online (or you have experience with) I'd be thankful .

By far the easiest is just to associate your account with a code generated by a basic hardware scan. Uninstalling and reinstalling would still be on the same hardware, so it would show as the same machine and consequently same person.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone else having trouble logging into online on PS4?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

I'm having all kinds of issues trying to access Rockstar Social Club :sigh:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Medullah posted:

Anyone else having trouble logging into online on PS4?

Yep. I got booted out and haven't been able to reconnect after several tries. Gonna try again shortly.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Aren't there people in here who have like 150 million dollars in ill-gotten moneys?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

coupedeville posted:

I'm having all kinds of issues trying to access Rockstar Social Club :sigh:

Same. Can't work on my race :(

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Montalvo posted:

i swear if these motherfuckers put out a car that's faster than the t20 after it took me like a year to scrounge up the money to buy one a month ago, i'm going to be SO MAD :(

Only speculating, but I have a feeling that even if the Reaper is as fast or faster than the T20 it will not handle as beautifully so it won't be an issue.

Alternately it may be like the Nighthawk or Nightwing or whatever it's called, which looks amazing and is very expensive but is lovely to drive and doesn't touch other cars in its class.

Also if you decide that you really want the Reaper you can always sell your T20, you should get over a million for it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

mutata posted:

Aren't there people in here who have like 150 million dollars in ill-gotten moneys?

I got money poured on me when the PC version first dropped, so I don't know what that means in terms of getting flagged or whatever, but it's been over a year and I haven't gotten suspended for it. But I also never banked it, which (at least back then) was the rumor for what got you noticed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
There are definitely multiple people who have gotten more than 15 mil at a time in hacker cash, so it's not that simple. I think R* is, shall we say, not consistent in how they enforce things so there's probably a shitload of misinformation floating around. Just play the game, it's whatever.

also give me all your money. :v:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I don't know what standards they have for flagging people who've received modded money, but whatever they have is completely incompetent.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Thanks for the sumo games tonight! Too bad social club's hosed right now and we couldn't get more people in.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
They have no standards for detecting hacked money, it's entirely down to random checks, as far as provable evidence goes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Re: PS4: I was able to play, but not load one of my two races or get my friends list to load to join another session in which a Goon was playing.

On a related note, I like that races are 2x RP and cash, but gently caress Racing With Pubbies. Seriously, the first group I raced with (Wee Bairns jumped in) were fairly serious and fun, but gently caress the wreckin' pack of jagoffs I raced the second time. There were as many as 28 of them and if you were below about 4th or 5th you might as well have planned on getting dumped at some point.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Social club seems to be unfucked now, if anyone was waiting for the all clear.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

fishmech posted:

They have no standards for detecting hacked money, it's entirely down to random checks, as far as provable evidence goes.

I think Sadius Omega more than proved that Rockstar's anti-cheat standards have more holes in them than a loofah sponge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Haha, he would join a lobby, turn the money shower on and then go eat dinner and poo poo. Those were good ol' days when hackers would rain money and huge airplanes.

• Locked thread