Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The thing is they have to put in the same effort and money that they put in to convince developers to let them give away their game for the one's they've already given away that they would to try and get new ones. I don't think "well you let us do it before so let us do it again" will convince many developers to give them a freebie. I mean effort and money aside, some developers probably don't want to give their game away again. I mean a lot of games were given away fir hype or to promote dlc. There's also the fact that some developers might have been fine giving away games when only a small percentage actually had the service but are probably more reluctant now that it's mandatory for online on the current most popular console. I just think they'd much rather put that effort towards attempting to get new games rather than putting off the people that have been with the service the longest to make people that are reluctant to spend $5 on a 5 year old classic game. I mean, once again, people bitch when they give away a good game that's also old. I can't imagine what it would be like if they used that slot for a game that's that but they've also already given away.

I mean I get went you want those old games, but also realize it's easy easier said than done and doesn't do all that much for Sony. Really though, those games are mostly ultra cheap now. Just buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ohh shiiit, Dragon Quest Builders getting a Western release in October. Even on Vita, albeit digital-only there.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Ohh shiiit, Dragon Quest Builders getting a Western release in October. Even on Vita, albeit digital-only there.
Yesss finally

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

Never heard of that Dragon Quest release, but it looks awesome. Wouldn't be surprise we get Heroes 2 announced as being localized at E3 at the Square show or something.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Does Demon Souls even work now that they've turned the servers off?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Azubah posted:

That apparently wasn't intentional and they were looking into it. Not sure if it's working now, though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

univbee posted:

That apparently wasn't intentional and they were looking into it. Not sure if it's working now, though.

It is, I was playing it a few nights ago and I could see phantoms and messages.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The servers are definitely still live, I still hop on from time to time to PVP

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Azubah posted:

It was a mistake and they've been back on for at least a week.

Even if they did get turned off permanently you could still play the whole game offline.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Sakurazuka posted:

It was a mistake and they've been back on for at least a week.

Even if they did get turned off permanently you could still play the whole game offline.

you can't get the tornado hat offline. might as well delete the game from your account

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When I beat it recently I fought the AI and didn't even know you could get an actual person for that til later. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its a grave injustice that the month ends on a tuesday and the ps+ rage will be delayed a full extra week.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Real hurthling! posted:

its a grave injustice that the month ends on a tuesday and the ps+ rage will be delayed a full extra week.

Bearing that in mind, if anyone is on the fence about buying some games that could plausibly be PS+ freebies, make sure to do it at 10AM eastern time on Wednesday in order to maximize your chance of getting very upset within 3 hours of that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://gearnuke.com/ps-plus-june-2016-leaked-for-ps4/

ps+ for next month is supposedly nba 2k16 and Gone Home

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sound good to me, 2K16 is good for those who don't have it and despite the furore surrounding it I've never actually played Gone Home.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I hope NBA 2K16 is one of the games despite already owning it, but I'll believe it when I see it, it's only just barely outsold by Call of Duty, and the PS4 version is the bestselling version as-is.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://gearnuke.com/ps-plus-june-2016-leaked-for-ps4/

ps+ for next month is supposedly nba 2k16 and Gone Home
Looks like this is legit, at least unless they change their mind. I checked the assets for that newsletter and there's an unused image for it:

Original URL: http://image.playstationemail.com/lib/fe8e12717267007872/m/19/ps6em02_0525_nl_05.jpg

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im so stoked for nba 2k16

i stopped myself buying it about 3 or 4 times when it first came out because i had too much at the time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm gonna play the campaign at least for laughs

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im so stoked for nba 2k16

i stopped myself buying it about 3 or 4 times when it first came out because i had too much at the time

Same

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gone home is that controversial walking sim right? i guess ill finally see what the big deal is

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's a good game but just know the internet are overreacting babies.

2K16 the one with the Spike Lee directed story mode right? The one that just assumes your black

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

gone home is that controversial walking sim right? i guess ill finally see what the big deal is

There's absolutely nothing controversial about it, it's just a game with no killing, a female protagonist and gay people in it, so the shitstains got upset.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davincie posted:

There's nothing actually controversial in the game itself, it was just a target for angry internet people.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Davincie posted:

when it came out some influential and immature proto-gamergaters bought it thinking it was a horror adventure but there's no ghost and if you know whats up you can trigger the credits in 45 seconds of play so they had a big baby reaction to it and a stigma developed.

its just a 90's kid nostalgia trip containing a personal story about the creator's family. I probably won't play it much but i'll totally b-line to the room with the snes carts to see some HD rendered nintendo plastic.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

The controversy around Gone Home was really dumb, but it's actually a good game if you like exploration and environmental story telling.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynr_iq8PNc

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Gone Home is a really good indie game that lets you get into the heads of people by rifling through their stuff. It's a bit simple but it tells a good story and the end legit made me choke up a bit.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

It's unfortunate that 2k16 doesn't feature the voice acting of Dion Waiters from 2k15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WsGrHzReo4

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont like gone home just based on gameplay not really being there but people getting mad about its existence is pretty funny

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nba2k16 is my most regretted ps4 purchase

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Is NBA2K16 the one where Spike Lee did the story and there's a ghost? I cannot wait.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mayor McCheese posted:

Is NBA2K16 the one where Spike Lee did the story and there's a ghost? I cannot wait.

The Sixth Man: The Game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

The Sixth Man: The Game?

its called "SPike Lee's living the dream" the mc is named Frequency Vibrations and its a tale of betrayal, family, and friendship in the private life of a young blue chip star

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I would never pay money for that NBA game because I'm a nerd that's not interested in sports but out of all the ones to get through PS+, this is probably the best possible one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frequency Vibrations is one of the lamer stands.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's a good game but just know the internet are overreacting babies.

2K16 the one with the Spike Lee directed story mode right? The one that just assumes your black

2k16 assumes youre black and gone home assumes youre white. something for errbody

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Nah you make your own charecter in NBA, Gone Home introduces your silent floating set of eyeballs as a person with a photo immediately

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I hope they at least coughed up the cash to licence "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch for his theme music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Yoya posted:

2k16 assumes youre black and gone home assumes youre white. something for errbody

lol

• Locked thread