Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
It does have the ratio (6:1) I eyeballed it but I'll try measuring it out later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Make sure that's 6 soda : 1 syrup or diabetes is going to be invited to your birthday party :smith:

Unless his syrup is rich as hell that seems sort of weak to me. Maybe try 4 : 1 if 6 : 1 is still terrible?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

csammis posted:

Make sure that's 6 soda : 1 syrup or diabetes is going to be invited to your birthday party :smith:

Unless his syrup is rich as hell that seems sort of weak to me. Maybe try 4 : 1 if 6 : 1 is still terrible?

idk like i said i'm waiting for the ice to freeze before I try more I want this to be the optimal craft soda drinking experience. I want every sense to be delighted

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I have mixed feelings about all this. The main feeling which I wish to express is that releasing a soda syrup and not an actual soda is absurd. I'm not sure if soda can be pretentious but I feel that hand crafted, artisanal soda syrup can be.

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer
:(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I have mixed feelings about all this. The main feeling which I wish to express is that releasing a soda syrup and not an actual soda is absurd. I'm not sure if soda can be pretentious but I feel that hand crafted, artisanal soda syrup can be.

Maybe they just don't have the manufacturing capacity at this time to can/bottle the finished product. Also the label reads "COCKTAIL and soda SYRUP" (at least on product shots on the website) so its use in making mixed drinks seems to be the primary marketing angle.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I buy tonic syrup because I only need enough for one drink. A whole can of soda would be too much and go flat/bad.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Maybe they just don't have the manufacturing capacity at this time to can/bottle the finished product. Also the label reads "COCKTAIL and soda SYRUP" (at least on product shots on the website) so its use in making mixed drinks seems to be the primary marketing angle.

I don't like... drinks

Also it said "last chance" on the tag for the product at the store and it was heavily discounted so I don't know if there will be another time

us vs also us fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 26, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

COCK SYRUP

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Laputanmachine posted:

Also if all else fails just drink the syrup and make a video of you drinking the syrup and post it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGwibPdEOVk

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

hey guys i mixed it a bit weaker and made sure it was cold and it was actually pretty good lol

:siren: FALSE ALARM :siren: soda's decent boys

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Tonight's a regular rollercoaster in the Achewood thread.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

it has a lot of spices

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
"you dont understand soda like i do"

*drinks soda warm, mixed completely badly*

"oh wait nvm now i get it"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Root beer is some pretty nasty stuff.

He got a Dr. Pepper flavor?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Johnny Aztec posted:

Root beer is some pretty nasty stuff.

He got a Dr. Pepper flavor?

Doctor pepper is garbage I wouldn't give to a man dying of thirst

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'd just like to say that this story had everything and I enjoyed following it to its conclusion.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
What do you think made Onstad more money; sales of his soda syrup, or the achewood "honor store"

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
No update this Friday rip achewood

Good soda chat tho

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Paramemetic posted:

No update this Friday rip achewood

Good soda chat tho

quote:

Friday's strip runs in the PM, Pacific Time.

'Regular' soda, what the gently caress

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I'm not sure if soda can be pretentious but

Where there's a Portland, there's a way.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Darth Windu posted:

Doctor pepper is garbage I wouldn't give to a man dying of thirst

DR P is nectar of the gods, when it's done right. If it's flat, or warm, it's nasty.
It has to be cold enough to hurt, and carbonated enough to burn.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Jesus Chris in tube socks. Would someone post a new strip so I don't have to listen to some rear end in a top hat's desperate attempt to gain internet fame by drinking off-brand coke?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
actually the soda story was basically the most achewood thing you can do irl

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

i imagine it tastes like regular crest

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Unkempt posted:

Soda flavored soda

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Paramemetic posted:

Soda flavored soda

Artisinal soda flavored soda with an aged soda infusion. Now sold at Williams-Sonoma.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Artisinal soda flavored soda with an aged soda infusion. Now sold at Williams-Sonoma.

Soda syrup only. Soda water sold separately.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Paramemetic posted:

Soda syrup only. Soda water sold separately.

way to go ya idiot you're supposed to package it with exclusively with Williams Sonoma brand soda water, six dollar profit margin on the soda water alone. Deluxe soda spigot in every box gratis, a wonderful grace note at the $39.99 Soda Boy level

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I kinda want to beat Onstad up for using "in the PM".

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

hey guys sorry for being such an rear end in a top hat and trying a thing, then sharing my experiences. Am I internet famous yet?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Also sorry for caling cola flavor "regular" because I couldn't think of the word, something that 99% of normal people would probably do and I'm pretty sure everyone understood perfectly. What a loving rear end in a top hat! Anyway, ginger flavor trip report tonight.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Motherfuckers go home and ask ya mom to pick up some regular flavor soda at the store, tell me what she comes back with

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

She's gonna come back with some drat big k or some poo poo. Do you see the word "COLA FLAVOR" on a thing of big K, hell no. It's regular drat flavor

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

It might actually say cola on there idk but my point stands

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

j/k its just soda

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I for one am happy to see some good old fashioned trip report content. It's a great throwback in honor of the last achewood strip, a reminder of better days :cheerdoge:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Pony Incident posted:

Also sorry for caling cola flavor "regular" because I couldn't think of the word, something that 99% of normal people would probably do and I'm pretty sure everyone understood perfectly. What a loving rear end in a top hat! Anyway, ginger flavor trip report tonight.

Uh huh. Tell me, do you recognize anything in this picture?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

RandomFerret posted:

Uh huh. Tell me, do you recognize anything in this picture?

Nothing like delicious, buttery pastries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Updates sliding.........rip achewood, imho.