Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Grammaton posted:

I think the sloped rooftops (or the highest stories) are off limits right? So widowmaker does have a limit how high she can get.

yeah you cant land on the sloped ones with Pharah

you can hook onto them sometimes with Widow but you fall right off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

"Realistic" proportions

Goons who have never seen real women itt

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Knifegrab posted:

Goons who have never seen real women itt

Real women aren't 2D digital paintings, goonlord prime.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Mei and Zarya were put in for the safe-spacers to have something to play and not bitch about.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Grammaton posted:

Mei and Zarya were put in for the safe-spacers to have something to play and not bitch about.

You seem like a real treat

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Grammaton posted:

You've literally never met a female weightlifter have you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Grammaton posted:

lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
All I know is that Zarya is incredibly fun to play as even though I forget to use her shield like half the time and also forget that her "E" shield doesn't work like Symmetra's.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Grammaton posted:

Lol, it is called crowd control.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Minrad posted:

I noticed today that Hanzo wears only one sleeve of his clothing, and it reminded me of Auron in FFX, especially considering his young master skin wears his outfit normally.

Is it some cliche for ronin in japanese media, or is just justified by added mobility and looking cool? Searching for it pretty much just gives me zero useful information but I am sure there are some huge weeaboos here, with all the lum avatars from ADTRW showing.

A quick google search landed me on this vintage picture of a Samurai archer. No idea if it's accurate or just photoshoped.

Also found some links to stuff about Kyudo, the Japanese martial art of archery. I'm guessing what Hanzo and what the man in the photo are both wearing is garb meant for like meditation and spiritual training. I specifically remember a scene in The Last Samurai where I think the head Samurai guy's son is practicing his archery and is wearing the same thing.

[edit] Since I found your observation interesting, I went and found this video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2EnemzBpk&t=80s

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 27, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hypha posted:

Lol, it is called crowd control.

I mean, they do create safe spaces with ice walls and shields so.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
The polish and pleasing aesthetics in this game are what has me so hooked. Part of the reason I really love playing D.Va is because it feels really drat cool getting out of and back into a mech. Even if my self destruct kills no one, dropping a new one down and hopping into it with all the first person stuff retained feels awesome.

I've played a few other class based shooters (Dirty Bomb, Nosgoth) and I know Blizzard is MUCH larger of a company, but the work put into OW really shows by comparison. These games really thrive on giving a character a good identity and individual feel and I'm lovin' the job they did. I wonder how much money Blizz makes from this one.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Grammaton posted:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Papercut posted:

All I know is that Zarya is incredibly fun to play as even though I forget to use her shield like half the time and also forget that her "E" shield doesn't work like Symmetra's.

Zarya at max charge can 1v1 anything. It is also really easy to get that charge up there too. Please remember to use your shields, it makes her amazing.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Grammaton posted:

I want to read Zarya's tumblr

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'd like to play Zarya more often, but I'm both not good enough and it really sucks when you don't have anyone around that you can shield. Someone said Bastion is "unfun" to play against, but that's only until you've faced a decent Zarya on defense. That Bastion ain't poo poo, that Bastion with a shield up tho...

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Hey, just putting this out there- do you have a premade but have trouble filling a 6-person team? Willing to adopt somebody who is pretty good with Rein and happy to play supports? I'm struggling to enjoy matches with silent randos and would love to find a group of regulars who communicate. Usually on after 10 pm (central), account is Chewbot#1616. Thanks!

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Zarya's charge from 0 to 100 is something like a 2x damage difference, right? I've gone plenty of games as her without dying. She's my go-to for when I don't know exactly what the team needs, because damage and shields is never not needed.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Zorodius posted:

I want to read Zarya's tumblr

Behold, pinterest account dedicated to sandvich. It good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

teagone posted:

A quick google search landed me on this vintage picture of a Samurai archer. No idea if it's accurate or just photoshoped.

Also found some links to stuff about Kyudo, the Japanese martial art of archery. I'm guessing what Hanzo and what the man in the photo are both wearing is garb meant for like meditation and spiritual training. I specifically remember a scene in The Last Samurai where I think the head Samurai guy's son is practicing his archery and is wearing the same thing.

[edit] Since I found your observation interesting, I went and found this video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2EnemzBpk&t=80s

This is pretty dope, nice find.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Zarya is about as simple as they come, point at enemy and hold down button. If you see a rocket coming your way, shield. If you see rocket going comrade's way, shield weakling. If you're wounded duck behind a corner and wait for your shields (both kinds) to regenerate.

The laser is deceptively long, you should be using the grenade blast usually only at long range.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
her hair clashes badly with her design and also every single one of her skins sucks poo poo

she's fun as hell to play tho

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Hypha posted:

Behold, pinterest account dedicated to sandvich. It good.

zarya's social media presence is probably something like the below

https://www.instagram.com/julia_vins/?hl=en

people who demonize zarya as being "the tumblr character" have no idea what it is they even hate and are too dumb to even identify stereotypes

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Oh my god this game is incredible

I don't even like multiplayer games

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Minrad posted:

people who demonize zarya as being "the tumblr character" have no idea what it is they even hate and are too dumb to even identify stereotypes

Seriously now. The hyper-fit, takes-no-poo poo, nationalist robo-racist is the tumblr character?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
someone post the big blonde bear hair zarya

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

Zarya is about as simple as they come, point at enemy and hold down button. If you see a rocket coming your way, shield. If you see rocket going comrade's way, shield weakling. If you're wounded duck behind a corner and wait for your shields (both kinds) to regenerate.

The laser is deceptively long, you should be using the grenade blast usually only at long range.

Eh..."simple", sure, but I don't think she's easy. She has easy-to-aim weapons, but her M1 has poo poo damage and a TERRIBLE hitbox until you have some charge, her M2 is slow, she requires good awareness and teamwork to be truly effective and if you're trying to push on offense with a bad team, you're just gonna get 3v1'd and die. Then you have to do the walk of shame back to the action while everyone dies and then you can get 3v1d again and...

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

her hair clashes badly with her design

Weightlifter punk-rock girl. :shrug:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I love playing as Zarya but there's a distinct lack of feedback that helps you with things. How do you know you have a shield up? Subtle details in the corner of your screen. How often do you look at the corners of your screen? Very rarely. The beam is really hard to gauge because there's no point of reference. It casts no shadow or light so you can't check the ground under it for its length. Having more info on the crosshairs would go a long way to fixing some of those problems for pretty much all the heroes, in my opinion.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
New tactic: Playing as Pharah on Lijang Tower, getting on the point and pushing off all the people who try the sneaky flank around the side on the Night Market.

You're not getting through here, bub.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

mormonpartyboat posted:

lots of questions like this are really just "how do i beat team that's working together well" and there is no real answer beyond your team working together betterer

though now i want to get a group of idiots together and try a 5 widow, 1 reinhardt comp

This is true, but in that widowmaker scenario it doesn't take a full team, just a competent widowmaker +1. Put her in a good position and literally anyone on the stairs and she becomes a big ol problem. Which is why you see so many questions about it

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dias posted:

Weightlifter punk-rock girl. :shrug:

not the character's personality but her actual aesthetic design (except for the reddy-pinky skin which it looks cool AF with and doesn't clash)

also she's good coz she hates robots, which is correct.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Zarya looks fine. She happens to like pink, as evidenced by her matching nails and hair.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

For everyone on Win10: win + alt + r records the screen. you don't even need special software, its built in to windows 10

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

not the character's personality but her actual aesthetic design (except for the reddy-pinky skin which it looks cool AF with and doesn't clash)

also she's good coz she hates robots, which is correct.

It's just pink hair. I bet you Zarya is into riot grrl and poo poo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

her hair clashes badly with her design and also every single one of her skins sucks poo poo

she's fun as hell to play tho

The hair style or the color? And yes, her skins are terrible. She needs a fully-armored Vasquez themed skin:

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Industrial zarya is a good skin and I'm going to use it until Workout Clothes zarya exists.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

How the gently caress does literally anybody aim Zarya's beam well enough to make it worth a poo poo? Against even a tank that has any interest in juking around a little, I can't maintain contact for more than split seconds at a time.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Pumpy Dumper posted:

For everyone on Win10: win + alt + r records the screen. you don't even need special software, its built in to windows 10

Do you need a microsoft account to store the vids? Or they save into a certain folder?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Brannock posted:

I have been using the m2 way too much then :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am refining my becoming a chinese war criminalMei technique. Using ice wall as a bridge is interesting. I can sometimes drop an ice wall and turn it into a bridge to get to the left side of site B (white attacking) that you'd normally never be able to get there unless you're Lucio/Farah/Junkrat/Mercy/etc, but it's not 100%. Any tips on doing that more reliably?