Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
plus carranger doing well would lead to megaranger and who knows maybe some day they'll even do old shows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the emissary from hell

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

The conversation changed, bro, keep up

To something utterly farcical? They're just going to green light an expensive production on a show with no clear audience because what, the director really likes KR and networks are throwing money around on whatever? That stuff is expensive to make, there's a reason Saban and Disney recycle footage and even then there've been a few failures.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is no reason for anyone to blow a big budget on a tv show with no pre-existing audience.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Literally The Worst posted:

plus carranger doing well would lead to megaranger and who knows maybe some day they'll even do old shows!

Yeah; I'm gonna buy every single shout factory set, even the ones that have complete fansubs (which is all of them so far...right?) because I want more people to experience Super Sentai, and as much as I love fan efforts, I love it when I can just go out and buy an official thing and support the creators and whatnot.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I mean, hell, the remade Ryuki into a magical girl show, so I think that remaking Kamen Riders could work

Cliff Racer posted:

To something utterly farcical? They're just going to green light an expensive production on a show with no clear audience because what, the director really likes KR and networks are throwing money around on whatever? That stuff is expensive to make, there's a reason Saban and Disney recycle footage and even then there've been a few failures.

I don't think anybody seriously think there's ever gonna be a live-action remake of a Kamen Rider show on the CW. we was just talking.

I don't see why we'd care if they did another Masked Rider type show, considering it'd basically be guaranteed to be terrible.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Serious Frolicking posted:

There is no reason for anyone to blow a big budget on a tv show with no pre-existing audience.

Yeah, you'd have to make a Kamen Rider YA book series first

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Yeah; I'm gonna buy every single shout factory set, even the ones that have complete fansubs (which is all of them so far...right?) because I want more people to experience Super Sentai, and as much as I love fan efforts, I love it when I can just go out and buy an official thing and support the creators and whatnot.

yes, everything will be subbed up through uh Gingaman (by mostly the same people, carranger and dairanger being the exceptions). GoGoV isn't done yet i don't think, because i haven't checked imagination station in a while, and then timeranger is obviously still in progress

most of the post-jetman shows are subbed, tbh, and b that i mean "by people who aren't TVN". i think the only incomplete/never started ones are timeranger, hurricenger, boukenger, i'll say gekiranger because gently caress those subs, and dekaranger

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
GoGoV is done but I don't know if Imagination Station is actually a competent group or not. Did that get decided in the half year or so where I wasn't paying attention.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cliff Racer posted:

GoGoV is done but I don't know if Imagination Station is actually a competent group or not. Did that get decided in the half year or so where I wasn't paying attention.

the answer is no iirc

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Speaking of bringing over Kamen Rider, whatever happened to Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. I vaguely remember seeing it years ago and then heard nothing about it ever since, wasn't it supposed to get a movie or something?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It happened. No one SAW it, but it happened. Got a full series on WB and then that was that.

It was pretty much, and you can consider this as good or bad of a thing as you would like- what if we made Ryuki but as a children's show

On the plus side, it had the unambiguously better ending of the two series!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Burkion posted:

It happened. No one SAW it, but it happened. Got a full series on WB and then that was that.

It was pretty much, and you can consider this as good or bad of a thing as you would like- what if we made Ryuki but as a children's show

Was it better than all three of Ryuki's endings?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

boom boom boom posted:

Was it better than all three of Ryuki's endings?

Considering what they all loving amount to

Yes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Not quite full, it got cancelled twords the end and the last two episodes ended up being aired online, but otherwise yeah. But aside from some questionable acting and having 3 clip show episodes for some reason it wasn't that bad an effort (in fact they blended the original and Japanese footage together better than Power Rangers at times). I don't think the company that worked on it exists anymore though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 27, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cliff Racer posted:

Wow sorry we all decided to speculate about what an American-made Kamen Rider series would look like. Sorry we made the numbers go up on your bookmarked threads page without providing you with the latest hot take about which sentai is the most or least red-centric.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I'm really out of the loop, was there some kind of Taisen movie this year?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/736241185606369281

They'd need to actively try to make it worse than Nin2.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

I'm really out of the loop, was there some kind of Taisen movie this year?

There was the Kamen Rider 1 film which I don't think has been subbed yet (or released on DVD for that matter) but as far as I know the only extra heroes who show up in that movie are the Ghost cast.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If DC would finally let up on the ban on Blue Beetle live action stuff, we could finally have Jaime Reyes who's a belt and some martial arts training away from being a Kamen Rider. He has a bunch of the other qualifications
  • Is only a teenager
  • Suit powered by evil alien tech which he uses to fight other aliens with the same tech
  • Mix and match weaponry capabilities
  • Insect themed

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

If DC would finally let up on the ban on Blue Beetle live action stuff, we could finally have Jaime Reyes who's a belt and some martial arts training away from being a Kamen Rider. He has a bunch of the other qualifications
  • Is only a teenager
  • Suit powered by evil alien tech which he uses to fight other aliens with the same tech
  • Mix and match weaponry capabilities
  • Insect themed

on the other hand who the gently caress cares about blue beetle

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Clearly DC because they vetoed Ted Kord being added to Arrow in favor of Ray Palmer.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Judging by his comic book sales, not as many people as they claim!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Some Numbers posted:

Clearly DC because they vetoed Ted Kord being added to Arrow in favor of Ray Palmer.

the atom was at least in super friends

the only thing blue beetle's been in is like two episodes of JLU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

People with good taste.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Judging by his comic book sales, not as many people as they claim!

part of that is their fault. the original jaime series was really good for like 2 solid years, and then went right to poo poo, and the new 52 run was by a dude with no notable credits, just a bunch of 2 and 3 issue fill ins

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

the atom was at least in super friends

the only thing blue beetle's been in is like two episodes of JLU

And Young Justice.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

part of that is their fault. the original jaime series was really good for like 2 solid years, and then went right to poo poo, and the new 52 run was by a dude with no notable credits, just a bunch of 2 and 3 issue fill ins

Didn't the new 52 run immediately kill his family?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

boom boom boom posted:

im gonna be honest i have blocked most of new 52 out of my head for safety reasons

every so often i remember that judd "everyone's got aids" winnick was given the book about batman in africa and come to ten minutes later, throat raw from screaming

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

It wrote them off of something at least. His run also ended with him in space and without any sort of closure. He's also being brought back with no explanation too!

Jaime was pretty well written when he was first introduced with a supporting cast that was also good and cut off a lot of drama that typically arises from secret identities by revealing himself to his family and friends who all supported him but still gave him poo poo when he hosed up.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Some Numbers posted:

And Young Justice.

And Brave and the Bold

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

It wrote them off of something at least. His run also ended with him in space and without any sort of closure. He's also being brought back with no explanation too!

honestly at this point forget everything that happened in new 52 besides superman dying again because rebirth is relaunching everything at #1 and it's all gonna be even more retarded

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And according to the kickoff for Rebirth, Dr. Manhattan is responsible for the New 52.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

And according to the kickoff for Rebirth, Dr. Manhattan is responsible for the New 52.

not...quite? we don't exactly know what's happening right now, just that the new 52 is the old universe with ten years removed. how and why that happened, i dont fuckin know. he did probably explode Pandora though

who cares it's all retarded

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

And Young Justice.

And the old serials, and the non-DC Henson (Sesame Street?) shorts, and the also non-Canon J-Men Forever usage. Actually, probably the most Kamen Rider part of Blue Beetle, other than the insect connection of course, has been the semi-regular re-imagination of the character and his powers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cliff Racer posted:

And the old serials

ah yes, those, of course, who could forget them

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ah yes, those, of course, who could forget them

Those are probably actually Blue Beetle at his most successful. You do like Showa riders, don't you?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cliff Racer posted:

Those are probably actually Blue Beetle at his most successful.

and how long ago was that

(nobody gives a poo poo about blue beetle in 2016)

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The Showa era!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

and how long ago was that

(nobody gives a poo poo about blue beetle in 2016)

Why are you so passionate about this?

• Locked thread