Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I tried the Morrison run. Didn't like it. I'll take American Alien over it any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-O posted:

I tried the Morrison run. Didn't like it. I'll take American Alien over it any day.

sorry about your drat taste

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

dc is sucking the joy out of superman

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That would've worked better if they wouldn't killed the N52 Superman.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

meanwhile in superman 52, superman dies

again

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'mma consult my crystal ball and say one of those life lights that zoomed outta Nu-Soup is gonna hit a not-murderer who can process the memories and somehow not be on fire, and the separate Clark we hear about in the Action Comics solicit will more or less be our dude, but staying in the civilian persona and letting old Clark be the hero.

Sorry for whoever got their life taken over. It's probably a terminal patient or something. Hooray!

maybe just, i dunno, don't kill superman

You can't tell what a good person he is if you don't!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 28, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'mma consult my crystal ball and say one of those life lights that zoomed outta Nu-Soup is gonna hit a not-murderer who can process the memories and somehow not be on fire, and the separate Clark we hear about in the Action Comics solicit will more or less be our dude, but staying in the civilian persona and letting old Clark be the hero.

Sorry for whoever got their life taken over. It's probably a terminal patient or something. Hooray!

that sounds great and by great i mean stupid

maybe just, i dunno, don't kill superman

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

you're loving insane

did someone seriously just call American Alien the best superman comic since rear end

Hell its not even a good comic, unless you really love Max Landis.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No, it's a good comic and I don't really have an opinion on Max Landis other than he's kind of annoying in interviews.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you read the comic you do as superman is basically Max, as that is the only protagonist he can write.

Man gently caress that lovely comic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We just ticked over 100 sold copies of Rebirth.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I actually really liked American Alien and thought it was on par with that Mark Waid? run of his origin that was really great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I read the reprint is getting $3 price increase. That seems odd.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Did you see the 2nd printing's gonna be $6? Make that money!

e: Stop beating me!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I still don't understand anything that's happening. I stopped after Flashpoint and trying to catch up is like a descent into schizophrenia.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I read the reprint is getting $3 price increase. That seems odd.

80 page book for $3 is a deal but not very profitable for them. They shot out an email detailing the breakdown, the book was originally going to be $4.99.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Did you see the 2nd printing's gonna be $6? Make that money!

e: Stop beating me!

We don't even need any right now, I have 147 copies left.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
I always felt Geoff Johns Superman run was pretty ok. Superman and the LOSH, Brainiac, Legion of 3 Worlds and about half of New Krypton were good attempts at reaching into the Superman Mythos toybox and redoing some of those concepts.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

80 page book for $3 is a deal but not very profitable for them. They shot out an email detailing the breakdown, the book was originally going to be $4.99.

We don't even need any right now, I have 147 copies left.

when i left the store today we probably had fifty left, we've sold through them like fuckin insanity

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you read the comic you do as superman is basically Max, as that is the only protagonist he can write.

Man gently caress that lovely comic.

i mean Chronicle isn't totally dogshit in that it is an accurate depiction of what would happen if three kids got telekinesis and one of them was a victim of bullying, and the scenes of them loving around with their powers are great

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tomasi and Gleason interview on Superman
http://www.newsarama.com/29499-rebirth-s-superman-to-explore-father-son-dynamic.html

Abnett on Aquaman
http://www.newsarama.com/29497-abnett-on-aquaman-s-rebirth-prposal-to-mera-aqualad-s-return-plus-first-look.html
and Titans/Wally
http://www.newsarama.com/29477-wally-west-led-titans-to-unlock-the-mystery-of-rebirth.html

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the mystery of rebirth is why

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

when i left the store today we probably had fifty left, we've sold through them like fuckin insanity

i mean Chronicle isn't totally dogshit in that it is an accurate depiction of what would happen if three kids got telekinesis and one of them was a victim of bullying, and the scenes of them loving around with their powers are great

Max wasn't the main writer on that right? Though yeah Chronicle was decent.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

Max wasn't the main writer on that right? Though yeah Chronicle was decent.

he wrote a story with the director, and then did the screenplay based on the story

so there was still someone else there filtering it

really if you want pure unfiltered landis and hate yourself you want to find Shocker: Legit. it has the not inherently awful premise of "what if Shocker wanted to be a hero for a change, and his best buddy Rhino tagged along" and quickly devolves into "even reed richards hasn't had this idea" and shocker loving black cat

edit gently caress it here you go choke on it http://forgotten.faithweb.com/MaxLandis/legit00.htm

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Caller ID tells me another store here in town just called and asked what our per-person limit on Rebirth was. I guess it's getting scarce locally.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

Caller ID tells me another store here in town just called and asked what our per-person limit on Rebirth was. I guess it's getting scarce locally.

i guess one of the other stores in town got absolutely loving hosed by diamond and had to come over and buy some from us

edit lmao i forgot that shocker works with the punisher and becomes friends with peter parker in this piece of poo poo

double edit double lmao the narration specifically calls out that he used to jack off to MJ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

i guess one of the other stores in town got absolutely loving hosed by diamond and had to come over and buy some from us

I have a "friend" working at the 2 store chain here in town and he said they were sold out by Thursday night due to only ordering 25 copies per store.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Rhyno posted:

How does that stack up against other events from the past?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

team overhead smash posted:

Well, we haven't ordered 250 copies of an event book since the original Civil War #1. I expect to be sold out by next weekend and still having demand for the $3 edition.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

I have a "friend" working at the 2 store chain here in town and he said they were sold out by Thursday night due to only ordering 25 copies per store.

lmao at that idiot rear end maneuver

i think we ordered 25 for the mall store specifically because the main store is a mile up the road and would be getting a shitload more so we could always just do a transfer (this is what we did), 50 total for two stores in town is stupid as gently caress

team overhead smash posted:

speaking personally, this book is outselling literally every other big dumb event since i started at here. the only thing that's sold this well was power rangers #0 and that was because of the cover gimmick

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We only moved 44 out of 50 ordered copies of PR #0 and that had all those covers ad 3 months to move. DCUR #1 is going to end up as our #1 best selling book of the year.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

We only moved 44 out of 50 ordered copies of PR #0 and that had all those covers ad 3 months to move. DCUR #1 is going to end up as our #1 best selling book of the year.

i moved a metric fuckload of those covers. sold out of all of the first print, which was substantial, all of the second, which was slightly less so, and most if not all of the third which was about the same size as the second

poo poo, we JUST got some more third prints in specifically to turn into back issues. i don't think we even have any on ccl right now

edit apparently we have the third print of 0 on ccl rn, the ones we got in the other day at the mall must have just been for us because ???? (probably we got shorted earlier and diamond is retarded)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, I forgot about the 3rd print, we sold about 25 of those. All the 1st prints I have left are the Yellow one because racism or something.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Knives Amilli posted:

I always felt Geoff Johns Superman run was pretty ok. Superman and the LOSH, Brainiac, Legion of 3 Worlds and about half of New Krypton were good attempts at reaching into the Superman Mythos toybox and redoing some of those concepts.

I really enjoyed that run of Superman. But that's mainly because I love classic LOSH.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SeannieDarko posted:

I really enjoyed that run of Superman. But that's mainly because I love classic LOSH.

Do not forget Last Son, Up, Up, and Away, and Escape from Bizzaro World

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not forget Last Son, Up, Up, and Away, and Escape from Bizzaro World

Yeah I really liked Escape from Bizarro World cuz it had Pa Kent in it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Wasn't Max fresh out of high school when he wrote that Shocker fanfic? He was still in college when he used to post his Batman videos here.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Die Laughing posted:

Wasn't Max fresh out of high school when he wrote that Shocker fanfic? He was still in college when he used to post his Batman videos here.

I hope so. I remember liking it when I was in high school.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Uhhh this is like really bad 90s superman fanfiction

They brought back Dan Jurgens to literally rehash death of superman/reign of the supermen over and over in different variations?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

the mystery of rebirth is why

DC's sales were basically in freefall. That's why. Of course if it fixes the underlying issue of bad comics with bad storylines is up in the air.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

really if you want pure unfiltered landis and hate yourself you want to find Shocker: Legit. it has the not inherently awful premise of "what if Shocker wanted to be a hero for a change, and his best buddy Rhino tagged along" and quickly devolves into "even reed richards hasn't had this idea" and shocker loving black cat

edit gently caress it here you go choke on it http://forgotten.faithweb.com/MaxLandis/legit00.htm

Haha, that takes me back to my earliest Internet experiences. Imagine my surprise years later when I learned who wrote it. It's the fanfic where Shocker explodes Bullseye's testicles with his vibro-gauntlets.

In his defence, I suppose he must have been about 16-17 when he wrote it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Uhhh this is like really bad 90s superman fanfiction

They brought back Dan Jurgens to literally rehash death of superman/reign of the supermen over and over in different variations?
This is written by Tomasi.