Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Also:

Neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

bluegoon posted:

loving hell, apologies for yesterday guys, went full turbo.

Xolve posted:

Probability of a re-reg meltdown post-VG ban?

Nailed it.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Xolve posted:

Nailed it.

I just want to join scouts and never say a word again..

Worst of all is I'm in the corp now, was finally able to re-accept after a week.

This has been a terrible series of events. gently caress me.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

I missed the golden meltdown, pity.

Otherwise surprised there is no API or Crest (still not sure on the difference) for Corp management. An easy

SELECT * FROM goonwaffemembers WHERE lastonline > 60

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
CCP has always had their head up their rear end about megacorp management. It took a concerted lobbying effort back in 2006 for them to even release the Sovereignty skill book so you could bump the total players to 12k per corp.

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 28, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bluegoon posted:

I just want to join scouts and never say a word again..

Worst of all is I'm in the corp now, was finally able to re-accept after a week.

This has been a terrible series of events. gently caress me.

I am very unsure as to what caused yesterday but as long as it doesn't crop up again you are still welcome to post here.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i think it would be cool if this thread was unregulated, we need more paco vatos and bluegoons

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i think it would be cool if this thread was unregulated, we need more paco vatos and bluegoons

Alternatively, not.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

YouTuber posted:

I thought there was some sort of automatic purge system that you can use. I remember seeing it when penif just gave me Rens 911.

Edit: Yep there is. I haven't bothered setting it up since I don't care.

I believe that that is there for kicking people who are playing the old awox/stay undocked game so that they get auto-removed at downtime, and that you have to add them manually to the list.

Zephyrine posted:

There's really nothing to gain from purging Waffe. "Largest Alliance in the game" is a common GSF claim and taking a thousand pilots out of Waffe would cost a lot of human effort but also be used as hostile propaganda since it would show GSF losing people.

GSF would drop to about 1000 characters or so, but the old nemo me impune lacessit thing about being huge is gone forever now, so there is more to be gained from members seeing themselves as part of something smaller but real and valuable than something bloated by people who gave it a whirl back when Robin Williams was still alive in early 2014 but never resubscribed. BNI also did the "this is our space home we don't kick people" for the longest time but even they worked out that that has corrosive effects over time, even if you don't care about spies or a reservoir of potential awoxers. Karmafleet used to do it and it was a useful act, and I imagine that PH will work out that they should do it as well at some point.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

GSF would drop to about 1000 characters or so, but the old nemo me impune lacessit thing about being huge is gone forever now, so there is more to be gained from members seeing themselves as part of something smaller but real and valuable than something bloated by people who gave it a whirl back when Robin Williams was still alive in early 2014 but never resubscribed. BNI also did the "this is our space home we don't kick people" for the longest time but even they worked out that that has corrosive effects over time, even if you don't care about spies or a reservoir of potential awoxers. Karmafleet used to do it and it was a useful act, and I imagine that PH will work out that they should do it as well at some point.

Endie these statements are so far off center I don't even know where to start.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Endie posted:

I believe that that is there for kicking people who are playing the old awox/stay undocked game so that they get auto-removed at downtime, and that you have to add them manually to the list.

It would be on Reddit within minutes "Goonswarm loses 1000 members" followed by a few pictures of slopes and all comments pointing out that it was inactive members would be downvoted away.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That's a pretty good reason why you shouldn't purge members right now. What I don't get, Endie, is why you should worry about membership bloat when they're inactive. What corrosive effects over time are you talking about.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
This wasn't as extreme as the time you said orgs should be led by players who actively FC as some sort of Warrior-Kings, but still why should it be done this way in particular.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

jm20 posted:

Xttz how many thousand dollars have you spent on eve by now? Surely it's over 4, not sure what that converts to your weight based currency but it must be a lot.

Whut? I haven't paid for a plex since like 2007

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zephyrine posted:

It would be on Reddit within minutes "Goonswarm loses 1000 members" followed by a few pictures of slopes and all comments pointing out that it was inactive members would be downvoted away.

you can also just firstpost yourself on reddit, make a post liek "we found and purged several Zek Kromtar spy alts, watch dotlan" or whatever

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Right, so I guess I'll be out of corp in-game soon, right now can't access goonfleet sites anymore etc, would it be stupid to then re-apply to corp afterwards?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

bluegoon posted:

Dude trust me don't worry about it. I've hurfed many a blurf and while people think I'm a terrible poster and tell me to shut up constantly, all I can do is try to improve my posting where I'm trying to post good and tilt at windmills when I want to talk poo poo, but still not be a total sperg when I do it. I ate a few probations in this thread and I've just been trying to improve and keep things humorous but not ridiculous in my approach. I'm doing better, and that's what it's all about you know? Improvement.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Ah poo poo, out of corp. This truly sucks balls.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Daco Vato posted:

Dude trust me don't worry about it. I've hurfed many a blurf and while people think I'm a terrible poster and tell me to shut up constantly, all I can do is try to improve my posting where I'm trying to post good and tilt at windmills when I want to talk poo poo, but still not be a total sperg when I do it. I ate a few probations in this thread and I've just been trying to improve and keep things humorous but not ridiculous in my approach. I'm doing better, and that's what it's all about you know? Improvement.

This post is a clear proof that you're not doing any of those things.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Endie how would purging inactives change this situation

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

GSF would drop to about 1000 characters or so

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

frozenpussy posted:

Endie how would purging inactives change this situation

Think he's trying to say it would make the corp look stupid.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Welp so I just want to play internet spaceships, can anyone recommend any alliance corps?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

This post is a clear proof that you're not doing any of those things.

left myself wide open for it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Zeph can vouch you into Pandemic Horde.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Rust Martialis posted:

Sweet, awesome post, man.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I don't know your whole situation but if you're not on the alliance blacklist (and I can't bother to look sorry) then you could always give karmafleet a try.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Daco Vato posted:

I don't know your whole situation but if you're not on the alliance blacklist (and I can't bother to look sorry) then you could always give karmafleet a try.

Actually applied to PH and got accepted just now.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Oh okay you had said "in alliance" so I presumed GSF. Have fun.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Rust Martialis posted:

And Rust comes in from behind with a sucker punch.

:boom:

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Daco Vato posted:

Oh okay you had said "in alliance" so I presumed GSF. Have fun.

Yeah it's cool, seems like a friendly bunch.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'd be able to make a PH recruitment thread if I ever wanted to, right?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

bluegoon posted:

I'd be able to make a PH recruitment thread if I ever wanted to, right?

everyone can post recruitment threads in pgs. have fun posting, friend

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Blazing Zero posted:

everyone can post recruitment threads in pgs. have fun posting, friend

Oh awesome, thanks, pal.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Daco Vato posted:

I don't know your whole situation but if you're not on the alliance blacklist...

Guess what!

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Heh, yeah man that'll show me! Such nice people in GSF.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

bluegoon posted:

Heh, yeah man that'll show me! Such nice people in GSF.

You can try to join 10BUX (DJ's corp) or GROON probably. Both have SA associations. There are threads in PGS

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

vyst posted:

You can try to join 10BUX (DJ's corp) or GROON probably. Both have SA associations. There are threads in PGS

Ah OK, cheers.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Endie do you have yourself a giggle after making posts that seem to say something but actually don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Endie posted:

GSF would drop to about 1000 characters or so, but the old nemo me impune lacessit thing about being huge is gone forever now, so there is more to be gained from members seeing themselves as part of something smaller but real and valuable than something bloated by people who gave it a whirl back when Robin Williams was still alive in early 2014 but never resubscribed.

"Something smaller but real and valuable" is assumptive and loaded. Goonwaffe is a real corporation. And it is a valuable one. Having inactive accounts has no impact on that.

Goonwaffe is in game to have a place for goons to go play Eve. If they let their account lapse, then want to come back (like a poo poo ton of goons have done for this war), then what is the big deal? The only reason to purge is because of awoxers and spies. But we're good at handling both of them. So the negatives aren't really that strong.

I have absolutely no idea how many characters are in Goonwaffe right now, because I never see that number. It's pointless. It's only people you interact with that have any impact, since we're one corporation in an alliance which is part of a coalition.

People who want to be part of a smaller tighter group (which is most people) do so using SIGs.

Basically, the "purge the fat" is pubbie bullshit and no one gives a flying gently caress except pubbie shitlords. It has to be done for other groups because they derive their sense of identity from their in game stats. Most of us don't give a poo poo. We play when it's fun, or when it's feasible for us to do so.

• Locked thread