Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Henderson is loving garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

That certainly was an England pre-tournament friendly.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I think it's fair to say that as long as England only play teams about as good as Australia, a little worse than Turkey and not as strong as the Netherlands, it's definitely coming home this summer.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's coming home.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Apart from the poo poo defence, England have some proper tasty strikers to choose from

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Quarter finalists

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rashford and Rooney scoring, it's pretty much the last thing the England supporters in this thread want.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
has henderson ever had a decent game for england? he's been poo poo every time i've seen him

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jose posted:

has henderson ever had a decent game for england? he's been poo poo every time i've seen him

I think he's one of those players that managers like because he does a lot of the dirty off the ball work. Central midfield is actually pretty weak for England so I'd say he's lucky to be there. On form Milner should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He hasn't really developed for a couple of years, perhaps because he's hardly played. When he has played though, he hasn't done much.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Pissflaps posted:

It's coming home.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

It's coming home.

is this a pissflaps prediction or a promise?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Rashford and Rooney scoring, it's pretty much the last thing the England supporters in this thread want.

Twitter tells me that Sterling was involved in both goals, assisting the 2nd and ??? the first?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
What did Henderson do wrong exactly? Hes not glamorous I appreciate but not sure what he did so badly.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He seemed to make quite a few tackles and interceptions to me

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
But he plays for Liverpool so gently caress him he's shite

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Ninpo posted:

what the

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

britishbornandbread posted:

What did Henderson do wrong exactly? Hes not glamorous I appreciate but not sure what he did so badly.

Agreed. He was by no means the worst player on the pitch - he wasn't even the worst midfielder (Drinkwater was utterly anonymous). I think Hodgson still takes him as a backup, and drops Sturridge and Delph (injuries) and probably Drinkwater if Wilshere doesn't break in the next week. It does leave us with taking Townsend to a major international tournament though...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the lack of centre backs is a bigger concern than townsend going and not playing imo. there aren't that many wingers in the squad anyway.

barkley will probably go but there doesn't really seem to be any point in him going

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

we will just Score More Goals, it's coming home

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Ninpo posted:

I think thats the main argument against him On The Internet.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

we will just Score More Goals, it's coming home

In the immortal words of the poet, Fat Les, "We're gonna score one more than you."

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
these nasty utd trolls need to stop. full of beans because they got a mourinho. disgusting!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

britishbornandbread posted:

I think thats the main argument against him On The Internet.

he's real bad on the ball when we are attacking. can never find a pass. it does my head in

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

RideTheSpiral posted:

he's real bad on the ball when we are attacking. can never find a pass. it does my head in

you know whos great at finding passes? robert huth

also it's coming home

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

you know whos great at finding passes? robert huth

Lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

drinkwater and townsend are out of the squad

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Jose posted:

drinkwater and townsend are out of the squad

You gotta feel bad for Drinkwater. He was dropped for someone who played three times all season and two players who played in a team that finished 8th

I'd just retire. gently caress it

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/England/status/737629403195265024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It's coming home

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
having watched the highlights of the aus game on my phone I noticed Henderson doing his usual thing of smashing it over the crossbar from outside the box and making a constipated face and DD, while not featuring at all during the match proper, was among the first to offer rash ford his congratulations. I know who I'd rather take.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
how pissed will Drinkwater be to see that Milner, Lallana, Sterling, Henderson, Wilshere, and Barkley have all been picked ahead of him.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Makes me pine for the days when we could call up mercurial gamechangers in midfield like Andy sinton and Carlton palmer

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Absolutely mental, there's no one else in that squad that can play that role as well, Drinkwater should have gone and the mind boggles that Wilshere is going, or Stones.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I doubt taking Drinkwater or not is ultimately going to matter to England's tournament, but dropping him to fit Marcus Rashford in the squad is still the most depressingly England thing to do.

Though I guess the actual correct decision would be to take both of them and bin off Wilshere because wtf is he doing there.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Rashford is going to destroy everything like Rooney '04 but without the injury and subsequent reliance on Peter Crouch.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

remember when Hodgson said he'd only take players who were fit

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This will probably come back to bite me but Rashford is the first young English player I've seen play in some time that fits the phrase "if you're good enough you're old enough".

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Having a horribly out of form Sterling as the only winger in the squad also seems a little bit mental.

Plan A had better work really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Would have loved to see cathcart or Steve cook fly out but otherwise can't think of a third english cb over stones unless paddy mcnair is around

• Locked thread