Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

CainFortea posted:

"Something smaller but real and valuable" is assumptive and loaded. Goonwaffe is a real corporation. And it is a valuable one. Having inactive accounts has no impact on that.

Goonwaffe is in game to have a place for goons to go play Eve. If they let their account lapse, then want to come back (like a poo poo ton of goons have done for this war), then what is the big deal? The only reason to purge is because of awoxers and spies. But we're good at handling both of them. So the negatives aren't really that strong.

I have absolutely no idea how many characters are in Goonwaffe right now, because I never see that number. It's pointless. It's only people you interact with that have any impact, since we're one corporation in an alliance which is part of a coalition.

People who want to be part of a smaller tighter group (which is most people) do so using SIGs.

Basically, the "purge the fat" is pubbie bullshit and no one gives a flying gently caress except pubbie shitlords. It has to be done for other groups because they derive their sense of identity from their in game stats. Most of us don't give a poo poo. We play when it's fun, or when it's feasible for us to do so.

I've only experienced the opposite of literally everything you said about Goonwaffe, can't speak for the rest of the alliance, they're generally cool people, in small SIGs its awesome but the general vibe has gotten really loving cancerous.

The jabber is literally 2001 IRC levels of toxic there are just too many shitlords on the gf forum to count. Like right in this thread, just the level of snarky loving jabs and condescension only serves as a reflection of how terrible its gotten.

So the in-game side of things are fine but the rest is just a monumentally pubescent shitshow I do not know how that corp is not imploding.

edit: words

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

You can try to join 10BUX (DJ's corp)

We don't want him :colbert:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Just for clarification. This is the guy that was kicked for leaking internal information about the psyops sig right?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

bluegoon posted:

Like right in this thread, just the level of snarky loving jabs and condescension only serves as a reflection of how terrible its gotten.

Zephyrine posted:

Just for clarification. This is the guy that was kicked for leaking internal information about the psyops sig right?

Yeah goonwaffe is totally the problem and this guy is going to love his time in phorde i can feel it already.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

don't bother

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

bluegoon posted:

The jabber is literally 2001 IRC levels of toxic there are just too many shitlords on the gf forum to count. Like right in this thread, just the level of snarky loving jabs and condescension only serves as a reflection of how terrible its gotten.

The snark is generally between warring factions, this thread is probably no more than 2/3rds GoonWaffe. You really don't seem to understand how bad of a first impression you made with your PsyOps BS at a time when the rest of the universe is looking for any excuse to smear goons as bullies/creeps. You probably could have saved yourself at that point if you had just chilled out rather than doubling down and calling everyone else "faggots" or "white knights." Stop posting drunk/high and/or get help as applicable.

Zephyrine posted:

You are in violation of GSF Protocol 34G. DEFCON SPACETRUCKER-SPIN in effect. Everyone please proceed to Section 8, Tab A of the Goon PsyOps manual and execute Contingency Bravo.

step 1: plant a PsyOps sleeper agent into Pandemic Horde - op success

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Since when does it matter what the hell everyone else thinks of goons? Oh so now you can use psyops as a joke as it was intended to be? Think I got negrepped pretty hard and fast..

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 28, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

like everything you post, this is wrong

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

evilweasel posted:

No it's just piss poor trolling.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Meanwhile the upside of wardecs

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

evilweasel posted:

bluegoon posted:

No it's just piss poor trolling.

Or it's called a joke but we can't tell anymore who is serious when Zeph is a kool-aid lush, psygate, and Endie posts like Screaming Llama but with bigger words.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

frozenpussy posted:

Or it's called a joke but we can't tell anymore who is serious when Zeph is a kool-aid lush, psygate, and Endie posts like Screaming Llama but with bigger words.

poo poo that's what I said then I got loving reamed for it on GF. Weird how nobody circles you when you mention it.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
...you weren't kicked for the silly psy-ops thread. I mean we just went over this yesterday, man.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
shut up paco

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Foehammer007 posted:

shut up paco

Dude this is SA not GF if you want to poo poo on people go do it there.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

bluegoon posted:

poo poo that's what I said then I got loving reamed for it on GF. Weird how nobody circles you when you mention it.

The only thing I didn't enjoy about the psy thread was the email address. There's a point when you have to realize you're about to lose the majority of people.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

frozenpussy posted:

The only thing I didn't enjoy about the psy thread was the email address. There's a point when you have to realize you're about to lose the majority of people.

Yeah you're right, but oh well, not much to do about this mess now, seems when it becomes a running gag to poo poo on someone in GF you might as well quit by yourself to save yourself the hilarious meltdown.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

bluegoon posted:

Yeah you're right, but oh well, not much to do about this mess now, seems when it becomes a running gag to poo poo on someone in GF you might as well quit by yourself to save yourself the hilarious meltdown.

I disagree. The reason you want it hostile is so you get your opportunities to rip on people as they come at you.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

frozenpussy posted:

I disagree. The reason you want it hostile is so you get your opportunities to rip on people as they come at you.

Well I was going to go on with the thread but Deadtear deleted it, couldn't believe he did that, think at that moment I realized that GF was now serious fkn business.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

You're doing that thing again.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

bluegoon posted:

Well I was going to go on with the thread but Deadtear deleted it, couldn't believe he did that, think at that moment I realized that GF was now serious fkn business.

I think you are taking offense when it was more likely deleted because too many people wouldn't get it. However I'm a certified sick gently caress and enjoy that type of humor.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Oh hey cool, I've found my second person in this thread to ignore.

(And it's not Paco)
(He might be third if he plays his cards right :heysexy:)

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

everybody tries to come at my mod style but now everyone sees the divedends

I take no small pride in noticing that whacko actually soliciting email contact and getting that thread shut down

bluegoon posted:

No your thread was awful and creepy

the joke is you

:frogout:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
There comes a time in every angry white nerd's life when he must learn that "it was just a joke you guys c'mon!" is a real poo poo defense and if you're gonna roll as a ~supreme edgelord~ your jokes have to actually look vaguely like the idea of what a joke should be.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I take no small pride in noticing that whacko actually soliciting email contact and getting that thread shut down

the joke is you

lol, a fake email, don't call me a whacko, let's treat this thread as a neutral ground and not poo poo on people.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Kalenn Istarion posted:

the joke is you

counterpoint: we extolled Xenuria with a seat on the CSM.

bluegoon I asked around in jabber because I've been drunk over the last few days. From what I gather it wasn't your thread but how you reacted to the deletion. If it was just deleted without a follow-up kick that means it was just a tacit slap on the wrist at worst and was probably deleted just to appease the quasi importants who didn't get it. When you go on to call people names that makes it an overreaction, such as saying all of GSF is soft.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

he created the cringy psyops thread that both goons and reddit made fun of then said he contacted the Iceland police about the IWI gambling sites. A collection of people regularly accused of being immoral assholes said "hmm, too far maybe" and kicked him, then he had a meltdown and joined pandemic horde and is now part way into a second meltdown

that about sums it up, did I miss anything?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Xachariah posted:

he created the cringy psyops thread that both goons and reddit made fun of then said he contacted the Iceland police about the IWI gambling sites. A collection of people regularly accused of being immoral assholes said "hmm, too far maybe" and kicked him, then he had a meltdown and joined pandemic horde and is now part way into a second meltdown

that about sums it up, did I miss anything?

Reasonably accurate, yeah. Also although illegal, Iceland doesn't give a poo poo about regulating online gambling!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Because nobody has ever been poo poo on on Something Awful, an Internet comedy website

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

bluegoon posted:

Dude this is SA not GF if you want to poo poo on people go do it there.

who are you again??

randomly started posting in this thread four days ago

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
You don't know if it was deadtear who deleted it -- it could have been any of them dudes with red text under their names. And even if it was him it doesn't matter so just let it go. I'm supposed to pull a Dalael here and poo poo all over you because I'm not the one getting poo poo on for once, but gently caress that I'm too old for that. Here's the thing -- I get that you're very angry with goonwaffe but I would like to see you maybe take a longer look at things here. Take a step back from it for a bit if you need to, or not if you want to play EVE. For now though, stay away from anything that doesn't involve game mechanics for your own safety. Also as many have said in here -- I sincerely hope you find someone you feel comfortable talking to on a regular basis and a medication solution that works for you. I didn't need you to whiteknight me to foehammer - he's okay. Just worry about you a bit. Introspection will take you far.

I am saying these things to you because you remind me of a younger me in some ways. Think about why you're really angry and what's going on and put up a post in E/N under your "non EVE" SA acct. PM me if you want to talk completely confidentially. Calm down. You are angry for the wrong drat reasons or you're trolling us yet again but if you're crazy like I'm crazy (and I think you are) then I want to help you. No bullshit.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Foehammer007 posted:

who are you again??

randomly started posting in this thread four days ago

Dude, I'm sorry, is this a GF thread?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Daco Vato posted:

I am saying these things to you because you remind me of a younger me in some ways.

this is the greatest insult anyone has ever made in an eve online thread

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Money well spent. Our Ibis backbone is surely broken.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Xachariah posted:

this is the greatest insult anyone has ever made in an eve online thread

ok that was funny.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

p7hk9 posted:

Money well spent. Our Ibis backbone is surely broken.

Can you actually see how much damage was dealt by the killed guy in a killmail?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

bluegoon posted:

Dude, I'm sorry, is this a GF thread?

I get you are trying really hard to be funny but ????

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Foehammer007 posted:

I get you are trying really hard to be funny but ????

Listen I don't think we're at any personal terms for you to start using more than one question mark, OK?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

maybe stop touching the poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:nexus: :ocelot::q:

• Locked thread