Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I think Uran is going to bike so hard his fedora flies off of his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Who will parachute in to help poor Valverde

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Rip chavez

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

Who will parachute in to help poor Valverde

Valverde was crying on the radio about something. Huge lol if Visconti has abandoned team orders to chase the win.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Mamma Mia, this is over for Esteban.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

serious gaylord posted:

Valverde was crying on the radio about something. Huge lol if Visconti has abandoned team orders to chase the win.

Looks like it will be Uran Uran

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You can't trust the times at all but Chaves does seem to be pulling it back a bit on the descent.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Chaaaaaaaaaavezzzzz! 😭

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The bonus seconds ought to be all gone, right

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Fuckin Vino

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

The bonus seconds ought to be all gone, right

Yeah no bonus seconds on the line.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Just a minute gap?

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

serious gaylord posted:

A moving bike crashed into a stationary photographer bike, which knocked them infront of the pack. 15-20 riders down and Stig Broeckx, who was hit by a motobike at LBL is apparently in a coma.

that was during Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne not LBL.

It would be fun if the team that gets away with anything because they're essentially what bahrain tried to do in football (and managed to get the loving FIFA to say to cut it out), a national team with all the best foreigners in the business, lost.

DONT TOUCH THE PC fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 28, 2016

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nibali is suffering!!!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Woah Valverde and Uran were only 11 seconds down. Not that it matters but still!

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

gently caress this stupid sport, but at least it ain't soccer.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
4 minutes down 3 days ago, wins the Giro by a minute.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Glad I didn't watch this race until today. Still amazing showing from Chavez.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

In hindsight, "anyone but Nibali" is a dumbass hope to have when the top alternatives are two guys with no team and Valverde

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

In hindsight, "anyone but Nibali" is a dumbass hope to have when the top alternatives are two guys with no team and Valverde

I'm pretty sure Nibali will be buying Scarponi whatever he wants. He won the giro for him.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Smirr posted:

For me it was anyone but Astana, I know Sky Hate is en vogue here but my hate for Astana burns brighter.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Nibali also hates Astana, so you've got a friend there.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

African AIDS cum posted:

Majka and/or Nibali to go long and do a Landis hopefully

Wow I was right

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

Wow I was right

It was a good prediction.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

IndustrialApe posted:

For me it was anyone but Astana, I know Sky Hate is en vogue here but my hate for Astana burns brighter.

Have you ever thought hating simultaneously Katusha, Astana, and Sky?

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Pocket posted:

Have you ever thought hating simultaneously Katusha, Astana, and Sky?

add etixx-quickstep to the mix and we have a deal.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Let's roll.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
cool giro. shame it got nibali all over it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
loving idiot spectator hung a camera out with a huge looped strap and pulled down a Bardiani rider 6km from the end as he was attacking to go for the stage.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nizzolo got relegated in the final sprint and now when they gave him the red jersey he looked about ready to kill someone, lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Nizzolo got relegated in the final sprint and now when they gave him the red jersey he looked about ready to kill someone, lol

I thought they would relegate him but the Eurosport guys said it had been ruled fair?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nah, Nikias Arndt got the stage win

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Nah, Nikias Arndt got the stage win

Thats quite funny given his ecstatic celebration at the end.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
pretty cool musings:
http://cyclingtips.com/2016/06/the-secret-pro-nibali-the-giro-ditalia-and-the-importance-of-respect/

Do people agree with this?:

quote:

Nibali not stopping after Kruijswijk crashed was, in my eyes, out of order. I read somewhere that he was already planning to attack on the descent, but either way, you respect the race leader, and he didn’t. If it hadn’t been for Kruijswijk’s crash Nibali never would have won. It’s not just fair to say that, it’s downright true.

In an ideal world it would have been great for teams to have banded together and stopped Nibali from taking the win, but this isn’t an ideal world

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nah, Kruijswijk hosed up himself. This isn't a case of a puncture or another rider crashing into him, he tried to eat when he shouldnt have and crashed all on his own. Don't have to wait for that.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
That's what I thought when I saw it -- Chaves and Nibali had gone through just fine. Still brutal, though.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

If someone else or a moto had crashed into him then yes but it was just differences in bike handling.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The racing was already going full on, no waiting at that point. If he had crashed early on before they got going they'd have waited for him.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Yeah it was a pretty fair attack, he caused the crash himself and had no-one else to blame.
If he'd crashed because his wheel fell out or someones jacket flew into his bike then it would be a different story but this was entirely his own undoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Yeah, it was hard on him, but it was a racing incident.