Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This post didn't get the respect it deserved. A good Worst Thread post. Only way it could be better is if Claire Williams were in it.

At least he has something to strive for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Only way it could be better is if Claire Williams were in it.

There's a "but I'm in Claire Williams" pun to be made here but I can't quite work it out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Holy poo poo. This is going to be total carnage or a complete let down.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd give Claire Williams a complete let down if you catch my drift

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Do you guys know what he means, fellas?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'd parc my ferme in Claire Williams box box box if you know what I mean fellas? :q:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'd break the rules on liquid flow rate if you catch my drift

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Verstappen is a freaking moron.

It is one thing to bin it in FP3 testing the limits or while fighting for pole but you don't need to push a Red Bull to make Q2

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Mystic meg says that a poo poo at starting Ricciado with a 2011 Lewis directly behind him is a recipe for a huge pile up.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
You guys are tempting me so much

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
good thing idiot race isnt gonna watch this race

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

oh no :smith: http://www.motorsport.com/pwc/news/drivers-hurt-in-huge-bentley-and-aston-martin-sportscar-crash-741426/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
drat it :( It's sadly no surprise that there was a Bentley involved in this.

He's no relation to the F1 Palmers btw.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Thanks Ants posted:

I'd break the rules on liquid flow rate if you catch my drift

:captainpop:

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Pouty hamilton was so annoying. Ok he missed out on his first run, but it wasn't the teams fault he hosed up his first flying lap and didnt do a great job on the second one.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

This post didn't get the respect it deserved. A good Worst Thread post. Only way it could be better is if Claire Williams were in it.

I'd be in it ... If you know what i mean

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Carth Dookie posted:

That 2nd sector by Ricciardo was something to behold.

I've watched the replay several times now. What an awesome lap. Definitely watching the race now

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wow, that's insane. I almost went to that today too. I hope everyone's okay :ohdear:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Bentley: Racing trucks disguised as racing cars since 1922. That thing looks gigantic :ohdear::

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Stop fat shaming

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
so I haven't paid attention to F1 for two or so years, and I remembered Monaco was this weekend, anything interesting I should know? What I know is: Vettelsreich is over, the Verstappenreich is upon us; I see something on Wikipedia about a 'Pole Trophy' which makes me giggle like a 3rd grader; they race in Baku in a few weeks, of all places, but both India and Korea are kaput; and Rosberg is somehow leading, acing the first four races?!

I miss anything important?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Also the new Team America, Haas F1, scoring points here and there to the delight of us all.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
2 years?

Mercedes wins as well.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Yeah, you missed the famous Duel In The Desert where Hamilton whines "I've got no power" while having an identical car to Rosberg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_GWdS5RP0Q

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Porsche race about to start, Monaco is wet :toot:

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKqGBpSe_g

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

CactusWeasle posted:

Porsche race about to start, Monaco is wet :toot:

Good news! Weather is now much worse! Porsche's are just aquaplaining into the barriers

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Besides the obvious "HOW THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?" that's a crazy crash and good to see that he walked away from it. :ohdear:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Please let the race be rainy please let the race be rainy. I love me some wet clown shoes racing.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Spaced God posted:

Please let the race be rainy please let the race be rainy. I love me some wet clown shoes racing.

Next race at Monaco is Renault 2.0 in 20 minutes - if the weather hasnt changed from how the Porsche race ended im not sure that race will even happen, its THAT bad

I predict F1 starting behind safety car unless there's a dramatic weather change in the next couple of hours

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

CactusWeasle posted:

I predict F1 starting behind safety car unless there's a dramatic weather change in the next couple of hours

Oh gently caress. When's the last time that's happened? Malaysia that one year?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Please god I don't ask for much just let me see monaco in the wet with some slip and sliding terrible racing.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Here's to hoping the mercs aquaplane into the ocean.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I want a force india on the podium.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Pastor Maldonado talking to F1 teams about 2017 return

quote:

Pastor Maldonado is speaking to a number of Formula 1 teams about a return to the grid in 2017 after losing his Lotus/Renault seat over the winter. The Venezuelan was replaced by Kevin Magnussen for this season, bringing to an end a five-year career in F1.

"I really want to have my second chance because I still feel I have a lot to do in F1," Maldonado told Autosport. "My plan is to return to Formula 1. It was not too bad to stay away for one year as it has given me time to reflect.

"We have started conversations with teams and we are trying to negotiate something for next year."

Maldonado was personally sponsored by PDVSA, his country's state-owned oil and gas giant, to the tune of around $46million per year. PDVSA became involved in a dispute with Renault over payments that resulted in it opting to tear up its deal, leaving Maldonado without a seat.

With several drivers out of contract next year, Maldonado believes he is an attractive proposition to teams.

"I'm not a rookie who needs to restart for zero," said Maldonado, who has conducted significant tyre testing for Pirelli this year.

"After five years in F1, I feel I can do a very good job." The 31-year-old made 95 starts in F1, with the highlight being his 2012 Spanish Grand Prix victory with Williams. However, for most of his time in F1, Maldonado believes he did not have a car with which he could deliver consistently. "I never had the car to show my talent," he said. "When I was with Williams, we won a race and 2012 was a good season. "But the other two seasons were not so good and at Lotus, it was a bit the same - I never had a chance to be at a good level.

"I would like a good car, maybe not the best but a car that allows me to show my potential and be in the points regularly."
He thinks he can get a drive based on pure talent, without PDVSA money. Good luck, Pastor!

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Please god I don't ask for much just let me see monaco in the wet with some slip and sliding terrible racing.

Racing in any rain is slowly dying in F1. Hope its nothing more then a drizzle or we'll get a red flag and 2 hrs of waiting.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why doesn't Pastor just get an indonesian passport?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Renault 2.0 race is underway anyway but very wet.

An American just crashed heavily trying to turn right. This happened under a safety car.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://twitter.com/latphotographic/status/736850278138417152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

td4guy posted:

Pastor Maldonado talking to F1 teams about 2017 return
He thinks he can get a drive based on pure talent, without PDVSA money. Good luck, Pastor!

Well Pastor Maldonado has won a race before so he's automatically better than 2/3 of the current grid.

• Locked thread