Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mister Fister posted:

"Homosexuality being considered insanity in the DSM-1" :laffo:

"Early Rock Hudson? Late Rock Hudson? .....Rock Hudson in his prime?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I mean honestly, emacs people are garbage, even if you are cute as hell.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
VIM people also tend to be insufferable douchebags.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
notepad.exe master race :hellyeah:

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

AgentF posted:

notepad.exe master race :hellyeah:

Notepad++, scrub.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Binary Logic posted:

RIGBY that's even more stupid. He can't speak when he's stressed but then when stressed more he can speak again. Because reasons. Maybe there's Popeye Spinach in the fresh pressed juice Erlich gives him to drink.

He wasn't stressed in that meeting though. He thought he was with a PR woman and that nothing he'd say to her would go on the record, so he had no reason to be nervous in front of her.

Also the weird diction when he's nervous thing was introduced in that episode as a gag, and it popped up as much as it needed to to make it funny. It was never mentioned in the show before and he's never mixed up his words like that in any other episode that I know of.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

He wasn't stressed in that meeting though. He thought he was with a PR woman and that nothing he'd say to her would go on the record, so he had no reason to be nervous in front of her.

He seemed okay upon arrival but when the receptionist tried to tell him where the conference room is, he started blowing up and raising his voice, "I'm not a loving idiot".
Then he starts his conversation with (who he thinks is) the PR woman, "I'm not going to be yelling at you but probably am going to yell". He starts spewing and twitchy and escalates simply from speaking. Soon it's, "I probably can't say how loving pissed off I am about Laurie Bream..." to a complete stranger.

So if that's Richard not stressed or nervous, he should not be CEO of a tech company or for that matter a sidewalk lemonade stand.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 28, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's the thing... Richard shouldn't be a CEO. That's the most constant drum beat of the show that's most true to real life SV. There are tons of twitchy programmer guys with big ideas who have no loving clue how to run a company that end up floundering.

Just like every waiter in Hollywood is an actor or screenwriter, every software engineer in SV thinks they're a future CEO but too many of them can't handle the role because a big idea doesn't mean you can run a company.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Graduating tomorrow and looking for an appropriate SV quote to decorate my cap with.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Grump posted:

Graduating tomorrow and looking for an appropriate SV quote to decorate my cap with.

"This guy fucks!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
D2F1 = D2F2, D2F3 = D2F4 (the numbers should be subscript)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bull3964 posted:

"This guy fucks!"

This is the obvious choice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

"This guy fucks!"

There is literally nothing that could go wrong with this choice.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Tip-to-Tip Efficiency"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_DSOnOQnuk

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm watching the original Cloverfield movie and it's trippy hearing T.J. Miller as the camera guy. He also looks kinda goofy when you see him early on:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

bull3964 posted:

"This guy fucks!"

This is actually your only choice.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
I fully admit I could have been distracted or just too tired for proper brain function, but for some reason I'm confused as to what Erlich was signing with Big Head on last week's show. I wasn't grasping it for some reason. Can anyone sum it up?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rocco posted:

I fully admit I could have been distracted or just too tired for proper brain function, but for some reason I'm confused as to what Erlich was signing with Big Head on last week's show. I wasn't grasping it for some reason. Can anyone sum it up?

He's starting a combined incubator with Bighead's 20 million and his 36,000 dollars.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Rocco posted:

Look at this for a clue: http://www.bachmanity.com

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

bull3964 posted:

"This guy fucks!"

Get a buddy to follow with "I've been known to gently caress myself".

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Tres Comas!

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Stop moving the swimming pool.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Jarad continues to be the best.

nopants
May 29, 2004
This guy fucks.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Russ was right. This guy fucks!

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Russ was right all along.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
In ago seriousness though what kind of Luddite uses spaces

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Poor Dinesh

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Another episode where it was just painful to watch every moment Richard was on screen. At least the preview for next week shows him *looking* like he's being competent.

Also - there's no way that buying that blog is somehow going to return Bighead to solvency...after the 'partnership' between him and Erlich is dissolved.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
On the contrary, I'm pretty sure Erlich rage quitting will leave Big Head as the sole beneficiary of the multimillion dollar revenue stream that blog will soon have.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Another episode where it was just painful to watch every moment Richard was on screen. At least the preview for next week shows him *looking* like he's being competent.

Also - there's no way that buying that blog is somehow going to return Bighead to solvency...after the 'partnership' between him and Erlich is dissolved.

For sure, some big tech company will want the domain name or something and pay him millions for it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
This guy fucks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It was kind of a 'lazy' episode, all things considered. As for Jared, he's probably managed to weaponize the pity gently caress. He just doesn't see himself as a 'player' because in his mind, he's just being a 'pleasurer' who never gets called again.

At least we know now why he hasn't killed everyone in their sleep yet. :stare:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Medullah posted:

In ago seriousness though what kind of Luddite uses spaces

Yeah. Who the gently caress uses spaces?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
The correct choice is automatically converting tab presses to four spaces. :colbert:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I'm already wanting to punch Richard for going "m'lady" with Winnie.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

My guess is Gavin will buy Code/Rag through a shell company, make them print a retraction of the truth, and Bighead will make something like 50 million off the deal. And when Erlich tries to cozy back up to Bighead he'll get cockblocked by the financial manager, who will know he's found a Golden Goose.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 30, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My guess is Gavin will buy Code/Rag through a shell company, make them print a retraction of the truth, and Bighead will make something like 50 million off the deal. And when he tries to cozy back up to Bighead he'll get cockblocked by the financial manager, who will know he's found a Golden Goose.

That is a very solid theory. Bighead is immortal and cannot lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

If you're curious: Winnie was played by Bridey Elliott, whose father was only The Guy Under The Seats, Skink the Bounty Hunter, and arguably the best part of Late Night that wasn't named Larry "Bud" Melman.

• Locked thread