Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Tweet your dick again you old fuckin nobody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

That's the thing though, the match structure was chain start, that bit I linked, matt work leading to the corkscrew suicide dive onto Ospreay, Osprey gets thrown back in extended beatdown of Will Osprey with a ton of really nasty feeling strikes and really good psychology, a couple high-spots on the turn-around, the two exhausted wrestlers stagger around the ring bit, then a conclusion where it's flippy, but in a way that builds of the previous 15 minutes of wrestling.

Ricochet didn't pull out the 630 senton.

As a complete match it was everything most pundits say they want out of a wrestling match, but if you go by 2 minutes of highlights out of a 16 minute match you get "oh, this match is a Gym routine"

Anyways I just got the chance to watch the whole match this morning and I really want to gush about it because it's one of the best things I've seen all year.

So if the match around that flippy dumb poo poo was good, why throw that into the middle of it?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fluffdaddy posted:

So if the match around that flippy dumb poo poo was good, why throw that into the middle of it?

Throw what into the middle of it?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Throw what into the middle of it?

The flippy dumb poo poo. Great mat work, good psychology, a lot of back and forth action, and then a scene from Cirque Du Soleil to really take any excitement out of the match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fluffdaddy posted:

The flippy dumb poo poo. Great mat work, good psychology, a lot of back and forth action, and then a scene from Cirque Du Soleil to really take any excitement out of the match.

What flippy stuff are you talking about, because the flippy chain wrestling segment was at the beginning of the match. Also if you don't expect flips from a Ricochet vs Will Osprey match I don't knew what you expected.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I have no idea how to respond to this conversation.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mob posted:

Tweet your dick again you old fuckin nobody

U mad bro?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What kind of moron only wants there to be one type of wrestling match

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I don't think anyone who saw that sequence and said it was dumb is saying that at all. They are just saying that it is dumb.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's a face off spot. They happen in wrestling all the time and have been forever. They are always about showing off.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mystery Opponent posted:

That spot is dumb and Vader is right about it. Match was good though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Seems like you are wrong and I'm right

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It was a cool match and a cool spot but it is also true that wrestling would suck if every match was like that, it's cool as a special thing that only a few guys can pull off, but we still need Vaders of the world having stiff hoss offs to balance it out, wrestling peace and harmony please

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All wrestling matches should have that spot where the guy goes to slide into the ring and then he accidentally slides too far and goes out the other side.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Flips are cool and good.

goml23
Jan 31, 2001

Fatass

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

All wrestling matches should have that spot where the guy goes to slide into the ring and then he accidentally slides too far and goes out the other side.

Only opinion that doesn't truly belong in this thread.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Vader might have hated that spot, but Bossman would've loved it based on his Japanese run.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It was a cool match and a cool spot but it is also true that wrestling would suck if every match was like that, it's cool as a special thing that only a few guys can pull off, but we still need Vaders of the world having stiff hoss offs to balance it out, wrestling peace and harmony please

That's true but it's also true that Vader sounds like he's doing the angry old man "this generation is the worst" thing which is lame and makes him look like a baby

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's true but it's also true that Vader sounds like he's doing the angry old man "this generation is the worst" thing which is lame and makes him look like a baby

The diapers on his hairless body do this too.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I'm not a fan of highly choreographed flippy chain wrestling sequences that end in the wrestlers doing a stage freeze in anime poses and waiting for the audience to applaud.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shine posted:

I'm not a fan of highly choreographed flippy chain wrestling sequences that end in the wrestlers doing a stage freeze in anime poses and waiting for the audience to applaud.

Why not? It's loving cool as hell.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shine posted:

This is actually the best kind of wrestling.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Japanese hoss offs where two dudes just legit hit each other in the head a million times but I can at least understand the appeal

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hrrrrrmmmmmmmrrrrrmmmmmmm gently caress flippy guys id rather two lunkhead looking motherfiuckers bretahe heavily @ each other while looking extremnely tough then one backs out of the ring because he is so tough he will walk away

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Give me more anime in wrestling

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I want two guys facing off in sort of a squat screaming as small pebbles lift off the ground

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want bo dallas and bray wyatt in an anime sibling rivalry feud

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MotU posted:

i want bo dallas and bray wyatt in an anime sibling rivalry feud

Bo Dallas crying with snot coming out of his nose screaming ANIKI!!!! as Bray Wyatt kisses him on the forehead and delivers a sister abigail, abigail herself watching from heaven above the ring

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Why can't we have flippy hoss offs?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Give me more anime

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I honestly like all types of wrestling. As long as they are good at their craft.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's one thing to have stylistic preferences, but I've heard people actually saying this kind of thing Is Not Wrestling which is stupid and dumb.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Note that Vader did a moonsault with regularity and wanted to introduce the shooting star press to America in a match with Hulk Hogan and almost killed himself doing it

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Vader is right, also it looked rehearsed because it was, as that's at least the third time they've done that exact spot, change it up knucklechumps

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am a fan of Vader trying to beat up Mr. Wonderful and getting his rear end handed to him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm surprised somebody can misinterpret Vader as having a problem with 'flippy moves' just because he hates the version of the stalemate spot where both guys clearly have no intention of harming eachother. But it's cool as hell looking so too bad for him as well

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Cavauro posted:

I'm surprised somebody can misinterpret Vader as having a problem with 'flippy moves' just because he hates the version of the stalemate spot where both guys clearly have no intention of harming eachother. But it's cool as hell looking so too bad for him as well

I counted two moves that would "do" anything in the sequence, both headscissors nonsense that were cartwheeled out of. Before and after there was a bunch of random flips punctuated with a double handspring flying nothing. They were nice flips, to be sure, but what was the point of any of it?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This does not appear to be a flip yet it appears to be good???

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

I counted two moves that would "do" anything in the sequence, both headscissors nonsense that were cartwheeled out of. Before and after there was a bunch of random flips punctuated with a double handspring flying nothing. They were nice flips, to be sure, but what was the point of any of it?

Charging up energy. The more flips and spins you do the more damage you do when your move lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Charging up energy. The more flips and spins you do the more damage you do when your move lands.

Sure, I get why the Meltzer Driver is the most powerful move in wrestling. But in the first sequence (the one Vader commented on) there's no moves, only flips. Maybe I'm just an incredible curmudgeon, I dunno.