Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Nuclear Tesugi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is that the result of a kamehameha?

Think of it more like an Olympic baseball pitch

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Think of it more like an Olympic baseball pitch

When you have cannons for arms this is the only result...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Stanyer isn't trolling, he's actually ripped as gently caress

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
What crime did that loyal marine commit to deserve such an injust end?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That marine never stood a chance.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

DeadGame posted:

What crime did that loyal marine commit to deserve such an injust end?

The Black Rage

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Does this seem like a Word Bearer or Blood Angel red, instead of Thousand Sons.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hate to say it, but it looks a lot like Sisko's WBs

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Yeah, so next test will be with a gold base, and if it's still so dark I'll try Angron Red instead of Tamiya.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Its a lovely red but it does scream Blood Angels to me. Thousand sons have quite a bright red.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Oh no, not Blood Angels :(

I'm terrified of being possessed by the black rage and smashing my models.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

London 40k Grand Tournament is tomorrow! I am bringing 30k as I am a special snowflake.

WYSIWYG 1850pt Salamanders force led by Nomus Rhy'tan, their special Chaplain, using the Covenant of Fire Rite of War:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Your army is stunning. Not only that, but it's complete. Please post pictures of the battles afterwards!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
That's a killer Salamanders force, man.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Awesom salamanders! One of my favorite Legions. I kinda love that 1850p in 30K can come to so few minis and be perfectly viable, too.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Booh! A spartan! Booh!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Booh! A spartan! Booh!

Agreed. The Typhon is a cooler use of the chassis.

Also turns out that a gold base works out to a lighter, richer result.

Spoons don't look like they are possessed by daemons, so it's good enough to start on some models.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
That's an Armored Proteus, it only has double and not quad lascannons!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

It's a proteus indeed - don't need to assault with Pyroclasts!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Then its a righteous force. Emperor seal of approval.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Give 'em hell Lord T, the army looks great..

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Mango Polo posted:

Agreed. The Typhon is a cooler use of the chassis.

Also turns out that a gold base works out to a lighter, richer result.

Spoons don't look like they are possessed by daemons, so it's good enough to start on some models.

Legio Mortis dreadnaught equipped with twin linked giant red maracas.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

So they ditched the heresy only side event idea... I had a good first game but am now playing eldar cookie cutter with min maxed dark eldar so he can deep strike D strength flamers with no scatter.

Also his wraithknight has one leg and no arms, and most of his stuff is unbased with no weapons. Will do full trip report later. -. -

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Lord Twisted posted:

So they ditched the heresy only side event idea... I had a good first game but am now playing eldar cookie cutter with min maxed dark eldar so he can deep strike D strength flamers with no scatter.

Also his wraithknight has one leg and no arms, and most of his stuff is unbased with no weapons. Will do full trip report later. -. -

RIP. Hopefully he has bad dice and that grav flux cannon murders them all.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Being honest he was a very polite and nice opponent. Just a bit galling to fight a wraithknight with one arm and one leg, and unpainted fire Dragons on unpainted terrain-light table. Bit of a shame.

Definitely will persevere with day 2, but I won't do another 40k tournament as the meta is just completely hosed - everyone has tau or eldar

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I haven't seen anything but Space Marine Legions on a table in months. God is good.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Lord Twisted posted:

Being honest he was a very polite and nice opponent. Just a bit galling to fight a wraithknight with one arm and one leg, and unpainted fire Dragons on unpainted terrain-light table. Bit of a shame.

Definitely will persevere with day 2, but I won't do another 40k tournament as the meta is just completely hosed - everyone has tau or eldar

Welcome to my world.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

panascope posted:

I haven't seen anything but Space Marine Legions on a table in months. God is good.

Not so long ago, in 5th edition 40k, everyone was bitching about the mountains of marines. How times have changed.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Will do full trip report later. Third game was vs eldar, but a fluffy Alaitoc list which didn't feel TOO powerful. Still ridiculous bullshit but the opponent was an absolute dude. I won 23-20 on points, went to bottom of 6.

Deredeo is MVP. Culls a vehicle a turn.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Really tempted to get myself a missile/autocannon deredeo, it looks just so beautifully conveniently flexible for support!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Drake_263 posted:

Really tempted to get myself a missile/autocannon deredeo, it looks just so beautifully conveniently flexible for support!

They're absolutely brutal.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lord Twisted posted:

Tell me you did the right thing and brought myrmidon distructors with volkite culvrins

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

TTerrible posted:

They're absolutely brutal.

I was toying around with the idea of getting one when I did my Forge World order but ultimately decided I needed transports more, currently. Soon, though!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Drake_263 posted:

I was toying around with the idea of getting one when I did my Forge World order but ultimately decided I needed transports more, currently. Soon, though!

Th missile system hits side armour and doesn't need LoS :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was wondering about the missile launcher. It doesn't need LOS, but what if nobody has LOS to the target?

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I assume it's like shooting with artillery - you know the target is in the general area and can still lob poo poo downrange.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah I don't think anything needs LOS to it. It just hits like magic.

~Superior Ancient Targeting Sensors~ or something.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzXfVgYCxWI

Autocannon dodo with aioli missiles is great because you pretty much always have valid targets. Air anything, ground transports and mid-armor vehicles, and anything AP3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Pretty much everything that isn't AV13+ or with a 2+ save, yeah.