Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I hate this game. I think it's good and all but it's another loving game where I'm stuck always being healer because nobody else can ever be hosed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Which heroes work best with Symmetra? McCree seems to work well, Reinhart doesn't, but this off a gut feeling, not real data.

^^^^ More people are trying Lucio and liking him, hopefully it will balance out.

The X-man cometh fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 28, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Dear pseudo professional players, I laud you honing your skills and all, but you're still too obvious when you use a hack that causes your screen to spin 270-degrees to the center of the nearest opponent. Thanks Booyah.

I'm also a big fan of replays showing guys blindly firing widowmaker headshots around corners without xray up MMM HMM SURE

Dias posted:

Can we vote for the next idiot thing to get word filtered?

only if the word "scoreboard" is also filtered

Plan Z posted:

I hate this game. I think it's good and all but it's another loving game where I'm stuck always being healer because nobody else can ever be hosed to.

I've found that if I gut it out past the character selection screen and stick to my beautiful Pharah until the match is like 2 seconds from starting, someone will eventually give in and start tanking/healing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Steve2911 posted:

Is that what passes for a meme these days?

its a god drat travesty

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

Which heroes work best with Symmetra? McCree seems to work well, Reinhart doesn't, but this off a gut feeling, not real data.

Most flankers and front liners dig having the extra HP.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The best heroes to combo with symmetra are at least one other support, and whatever else people play on the first point of defense on a handful of maps

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Dias posted:

Can we vote for the next idiot thing to get word filtered?

Nice meltdown

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think a scoreboard would definitely be good in competitive mode because it'd help you figure out what needs to change.

In regular mode, nah, there just isn't anything you can do about it. We had a 5 team of goons that went against an all Mei team, and the 6th player was just total dead pubbie weight. We asked nicely, we asked meanly, it didn't matter, he kept trying to Genji them all. I can't imagine having a scoreboard showing us how much he was doing terribly would have really helped the situation at all.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Scoreboard would be alright if it was for 6 man premades, its pretty useless when playing with randoms for several reasons. Like some randoms are just going to play what they wanna play and bitching them out doesn't really improve things. Its ok to lose if you're rolling with randoms, quit getting mad.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If you require a scoreboard to be able to recognize what things your team is/n't doing successfully then I suggest :gitgud:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Brannock posted:

If you require a scoreboard to be able to recognize what things your team is/n't doing successfully then I suggest :gitgud:

Pretty much this. If you know enough to know what needs to be changed then you should be able to tell without the assistance of a scoreboard.

It's not like people will listen to you anyway. I had a friend tell a teammate not to run in alone and they refused and continued to bash his head against 6 people at once. I once begged a Reinhardt to change to a different hero in koth and he just ignored me. If people want to gently caress around and play bad, the scoreboard won't help you change their mind.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

cams posted:

is there any drawback whatsoever to leaving games? even a counter for how many?

i've started just leaving any game with garbage teamcomp, so most of them

Don't do this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i require a scoreboard so i can see my numbers and jeer my friends, because seeing numbers is cool and ribbing my friends for doing worse than me is cool

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Why are people allergic to the objectives?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Plan Z posted:

Mercy is fun in my opinion. Even when your team sucks its okay because it gives you a lot to do.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Evil_Greven posted:

Why are people allergic to the objectives?

No one wants to be the single Hanzo/Genji/Tracer/Widowmaker/Reaper on the point.

e: that said I feel like there's a weirdly high amount of "ugh I'm literally required to play a tank/healer every match" in this and the whine thread. It's just Quick Play, play whatever you want and have fun :3:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 29, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I've gravitated towards Mercy, D.Va and Pharah. I think that means I have ADHD.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

i require a scoreboard so i can see my numbers and jeer my friends, because seeing numbers is cool and ribbing my friends for doing worse than me is cool

there's the medal thing for that tho!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
anything short of a blc scoreboard is, quite frankly, an insult to gamers and gamer kind

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Your Computer posted:

No one wants to be the single Hanzo/Genji/Tracer/Widowmaker/Reaper on the point.

e: that said I feel like there's a weirdly high amount of "ugh I'm literally required to play a tank/healer every match" in this and the whine thread. It's just Quick Play, play whatever you want and have fun :3:

Screw that I've won games by grappling up with Widowmaker to push the drat thing forward.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
excuse me sir and/or ma'am but i am from the video game accountability office and i need to audit the last five years of scoreboards, as we've noticed some inconsistencies

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

excuse me sir and/or ma'am but i am from the video game accountability office and i need to audit the last five years of scoreboards, as we've noticed some inconsistencies

*barricades door* *furiously shreds documents*

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

The X-man cometh posted:

^^^^ More people are trying Lucio and liking him, hopefully it will balance out.

Zenyatta. Symmetra solves his Widowmaker problem and they complement each other's somewhat weak healing output, while giving some other advantages to the team.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The pro tip for if your team is a bunch of objective-allergic morons is to pick Dad. Sometimes Zarya also works, so I guess she is Mom.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I am literally incapable of playing anyone but Mercy or Mei. Help.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I put a turret on one of the moving platforms in Volskaya. PotG was me standing on the point looking around while the turret was somewhere else getting kills.

Great.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

There needs to be a hero with a thunderdome alt, either a small or giant dome that restricts access in or out and you just duke it out inside. Maybe add it to Zenyattas ult imo.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

please make a odin from smite, reinhardts brother or somethin

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

The Quake posted:

There needs to be a hero with a thunderdome alt, either a small or giant dome that restricts access in or out and you just duke it out inside. Maybe add it to Zenyattas ult imo.

coming with Doomfist

source: my dad works at Blizzard it's Metzen :negative:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Symmetra's Askew intro is funny

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

poptart_fairy posted:

I am literally incapable of playing anyone but Mercy or Mei. Help.

Team Mei-n Kampf.

(I MEAN IT HAD TO BE DONE)

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

You could be completely useless in a game and then make some kind of amazingly well timed ult play that wins you the game, get the gently caress outta here with this scoreboard nonsense.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

The pro tip for if your team is a bunch of objective-allergic morons is to pick Dad. Sometimes Zarya also works, so I guess she is Mom.

My go-to for when everyone's playing a lone wolf is Lúcio. No one can resist the phat beatsand free healing.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Monomythian posted:

You could be completely useless in a game and then make some kind of amazingly well timed ult play that wins you the game, get the gently caress outta here with this scoreboard nonsense.

game would have been won anyway if you werent poo poo though..

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Your Computer posted:

being the lone tracer on a contested point is actually good & fun, at least until you hit the point where it's 5v1 and poo poo gets way too busy for any amount of blinking to save your rear end

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

fadam posted:

Blizzard give scoreboard please.

Why? What would a scoreboard add to the game?

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Drakes posted:

Scoreboard would be alright if it was for 6 man premades, its pretty useless when playing with randoms for several reasons. Like some randoms are just going to play what they wanna play and bitching them out doesn't really improve things. Its ok to lose if you're rolling with randoms, quit getting mad.

I used to get mad at video games when my team of randoms get stomped. Now that I've gotten good I can clearly tell the difference between bad players and bad teams so I guess the best advice I can give to the hating tracers is to just get gud?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Playing with goons is so, so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEQJT7vlgNU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Germstore posted:

Mercy is fun in my opinion. Even when your team sucks its okay because it gives you a lot to do.

It's fine. I play with Lucio a lot and almost never lose. I just rarely end up playing as anyone but healers, and I'm unfortunately really good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Mei's self ice block should not heal her