Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I put too much tomato sauce on the bun and had to scrape some off, but this burger was otherwise delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
uk posters where do you like to get your burger buns from? other than making my own i can't really find anything really good in the supermarket

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Speaking from Germany, I haven't found any supermarket buns that hold up to burger juice. I've ended up getting milk rolls from a chain bakery. They're possibly a bit too sweet, but they brown nicely, have a good density, and hold themselves together when full of ingredients.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

RideTheSpiral posted:

that burger looks like garbage and you should be ashamed

I dunno if this is some kinda ironic gws subculture thing or if you really don't like it, but it tasted superb, one of the better burgers I've had, bought or homemade. The melty green pepper cheese (koskenlaskija) was excellent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it needs something green on it and maybe also red onion imo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

All burgers are good. Some burgers are better. Yours, whilst good, need some more sauce and greenery.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I guess today is National Burger Day or some poo poo. Here's one I ate last night.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gonna burg so hard today. Step 1: Modernist blue cheese slices

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Gonna burg so hard today. Step 1: Modernist blue cheese slices

gently caress. Yes. Also gently caress burger shamery; if you don't like a burg then go with God but leave the poor burger out of this. I'd eat that 90/10 burger.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Burger plan coming along nicely.

Finished cheese slices

Homemade mayo for the special sauce

3lb of Vidalia onions slowly caramelized until jammy and delicious

Hell yeah

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You're a burg hero Flash Gordon Ramsay

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lean burgers are fine but require some sort of sauce to coat them to really shine, replacing the fat flavor with a good barbecue sauce complements the denser meatiness

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Alternative: befriend a deer hunter and buy some deer burgers, lean as poo poo but they're novel to make up for it

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I dunno if this is some kinda ironic gws subculture thing or if you really don't like it, but it tasted superb, one of the better burgers I've had, bought or homemade. The melty green pepper cheese (koskenlaskija) was excellent

That is pretty much the same burger that my mom or dad would make growing up so it's definitely good in my book so no sweat dog. That being said, red onions and big rear end pickles.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Control Volume posted:

Lean burgers are fine but require some sort of sauce to coat them to really shine, replacing the fat flavor with a good barbecue sauce complements the denser meatiness

So you're saying you need to put a bunch of sauce on it to mask the awfulness that is dry lean burger patties. Ok.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I was going to get stuff to make burgers today but I was ill-prepared and now it's raining too much to get groceries. So instead I ordered 3 burgers from Vera's.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Happy National Burger Day to you and yours!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
now thats a smashed burger

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I've made it through all 170 pages of this thread over the past week. I've laughed. I've cried. I've burged.

It's also inspired me to step up my burg game. Homeburgs from this past week on the grill:

Onion straws, pickles, habanero BBQ sauce, American cheese, and bacon.

Red onion, pickles, homemade Mac sauce, American cheese, and hidden bacon.

They were delicious. Next priority, proper smashburgs.

Baldrash fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 29, 2016

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Great looking burgs, come to Butthead. Thousand Islandy type sauce on burgers is so drat tasty.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

beerinator posted:

Did you invent the Burfle?

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Did you invent the Burfle?

My attorneys are working on trademarks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

beerinator posted:

Awesome. I'm doing this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
for reals tho i will without shame buy a box of frozen whitecastle burgs on occasion

such good loving drunk food

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Roo burgers are awesome but you need to be very careful not to overcook them.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Chinatown posted:

for reals tho i will without shame buy a box of frozen whitecastle burgs on occasion

such good loving drunk food

If anyone cares to try this, just buy the box of burgers and ignore the "keep in freezer" warnings. Put the box in the fridge, but not the freezer. If the burgers aren't thawed fully (like mine weren't) throw them in the microwave for 10 or 15 seconds until you can separate the patties from the buns.

For me, it's best to build one with two patties and extra cheese. Throw out or recycle the extra bun and waffle the double pattied burger.

Put the reassembled burger on the waffle maker and push down hard. Cook until you think everything seems crispy. You'll need a spatula to get it out.

I've had take out White Castle, but never frozen White Castle and this frozen attempt is way better than the fresh that I've had. Your mileage may vary.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i ate a lot of burgers when i was in the US and i think the cherry cricket in denver had the best burger i've eaten. went for something simple but it was so good

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
National burg day, eh? :canada:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Bob_McBob posted:

Great job, sir.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so i didnt "burg" today but tonight was...pork tenderloin cooked medium rare, creamy habanero sauce, basil, goat cheese, hawaiian sweet bread. yup.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bob_McBob posted:

You kept your burgs simple and it worked

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I too did not burg on burger day, sadly... but can you blame me when the market had a half price sale on t-bone steaks? I'm not grinding that, that's like criminal or something.

That said, some good burgin' there Bob.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

I've been moving house so missed NBD.

Still in the process of moving, and our old neighbour Barbecue McBarbecueface is burning some burgs on his grill. Not impressed.

Nice bun action, well played!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Indeed, that is a fine simple burger with a good salad and a primo bun choice. Kudos, kudos all 'round!!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Jose posted:

uk posters where do you like to get your burger buns from? other than making my own i can't really find anything really good in the supermarket

Making brioche buns is a pain in the rear end, you can buy serviceable ones from M&S, or for better than serviceable Waitrose run a Heston Blumenthal one (I keep a couple of packs in the freezer for emergencies). Or you could find a good burger place locally and beg buy or borrow a couple? (I usually steal a couple from Butchie's Fried Chicken stall on Broadway Market).

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wrapping up my national Burg Day burgs

Secret sauce. Shhhhh. (the unlabeled things are kosher dills chopped, homemade mayo, caramelized onion jam)

My burg
2 3oz smash patties
secret sauce
bacon
caramelized onion jam
cheddar and (modernist) blue cheese slices
romaine lettuce
potato roll

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I have to say I like my burgers 90/10.

90% crust 10% meat.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

took a photo of the burg i made but the oddly shaped bun and poor smashing of the burger means it didn't photo very well and i forgot the spinach on the first photo. i also accidentally stacked everything on the top half of the bun and only realised after it was ready

2 3oz patties smashed, gouda cheese, red onion, gherkin, spinach, tomato and then mayo/heinz mustard pickle

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

took a photo of the burg i made but the oddly shaped bun and poor smashing of the burger means it didn't photo very well and i forgot the spinach on the first photo. i also accidentally stacked everything on the top half of the bun and only realised after it was ready

2 3oz patties smashed, gouda cheese, red onion, gherkin, spinach, tomato and then mayo/heinz mustard pickle

so much failure in one burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mid_Ben
Apr 10, 2008
Burged for ICSA. Lamb Burger with beetroot and a fried egg on top. Brioche bun.

• Locked thread