Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

I've been to therapy so it's not the same analogy of not being able to follow your own advice

The entire difference and what makes your analogy invalid is that I'm not going anywhere or trying to find a new corp. I'm already exactly where I want to be and I hope you come back someday too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Daco Vato posted:

The entire difference and what makes your analogy invalid is that I'm not going anywhere or trying to find a new corp. I'm already exactly where I want to be and I hope you come back someday too.

Why do you insist on inflicting your presence on a group of people who hate you?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Because I don't think they do?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

frozenpussy posted:

Endie these statements are so far off center I don't even know where to start.

Well, bluegoon and CainFortea agree with you!

CainFortea posted:

Basically, the "purge the fat" is pubbie bullshit and no one gives a flying gently caress except pubbie shitlords. It has to be done for other groups because they derive their sense of identity from their in game stats. Most of us don't give a poo poo. We play when it's fun, or when it's feasible for us to do so.

The practice is not about "purge the fat". But yes, periodic purging of long-term inactives has been practised by such "pubbie shitlords" as Goonwaffe/Goonfleet 2007-2014* but not by such truegoons as Brave Newbies.

*I don't know about 2006 because I was a Johnny-come-lately newscrub, and I think it didn't happen for a while from mid-2009 until mid-2010.

Edit: BNI actually did do a purge eventually, this year. I would not have liked to be that sucker.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Vyst. You being the champion marathon runner who shed more weight than a Mormon husband getting a divorce. How do you manage training in the morning?

I ingest about 1050 calories per day spread over 4 meals. Perform a physical job and then jog for about 45 minutes in the evening and I only lose about 1 kilogram per month and they are quick to come back if I go on a vacation or take time off. Also I'm always hungry. Always!

I start work at 7 which means I get up at 5 and I have tried exercising in the mornings but it just leaves me exhausted for the first half of the work day.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
This sounds a lot like you already have a low % body fat and you don't have any spare mass to burn off. That's not a lot of calories at ALL, no wonder you're hungry!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Vando posted:

This sounds a lot like you already have a low % body fat and you don't have any spare mass to burn off. That's not a lot of calories at ALL, no wonder you're hungry!

Eh no. I am 179 cm and 79 kgs and I have kilos to spare.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
1000 cal a day seems really low even for dieting

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
yeah im confused how you maintain at 1kcal/day

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

4 x 200 for meals and then the remaining 200 are the milk in my coffee.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

4 x 200 for meals and then the remaining 200 are the milk in my coffee.

that's not a meal, that's a snack

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

that's not a meal, that's a snack

It's a Tupperware full of salad with pasta.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
MetaShow call outs for days!

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Zephyrine posted:

Your BMR is likely north of 1,500cal/day (depends on your age too), and the actual expenditure is probably significantly higher if you are exercising and physically active in general.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

Too large of a caloric deficit is counterproductive for weight loss for a lot of reasons (low energy, metabolic slowdown, wacky hormones, poor nutrition...). If you're really only eating 1000cal/day you're probably overdoing it and your body is reacting accordingly.

Zephyrine posted:

It's a Tupperware full of salad with pasta.

Just veggies and starch? No protein?

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Zephyrine posted:

Pretty sure for the "average person" that puts your BMI in the "good/healthy" weight?
I know it's not quite the same for everyone's build though, maybe you need to get more muscle rather than lose fat, to tone up?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

1000 cal a day seems really low even for dieting

Even at my hardcore mode the minimum id consume is 1200. And those are on like no workout days.

Also I don't workout in the morning. I do mine after work. Ok thats a lie on the weekends I workout in the morning. Basically if I don't have to go to work it's easy for me to get up.

I have the benefit of my gym being on my drive home so I feel guilty if I drive by after work

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ApocalypseMeow posted:

Pretty sure for the "average person" that puts your BMI in the "good/healthy" weight?
I know it's not quite the same for everyone's build though, maybe you need to get more muscle rather than lose fat, to tone up?

I think my job gives me the wrong kind of muscles too because the physical strain comes mostly in bursts rather than a prolonged endurance test.

Morris posted:

Your BMR is likely north of 1,500cal/day (depends on your age too), and the actual expenditure is probably significantly higher if you are exercising and physically active in general.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

Too large of a caloric deficit is counterproductive for weight loss for a lot of reasons (low energy, metabolic slowdown, wacky hormones, poor nutrition...). If you're really only eating 1000cal/day you're probably overdoing it and your body is reacting accordingly.

Just veggies and starch? No protein?

Milk has protein right?

I have trouble eating meats and most veggie stuff with protein are either hard to absorb, taste terrible or contain a lot of calories.

Also I really don't like gyms. Too many people.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Increase your caloric intake, I'm just... seconding or thirding that or whatever. You'll feel better and shedding weight too fast isn't healthy anyhow.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Not to interrupt foodchat, but it looks like everyone in the MBC just moved to Saranen.

Maybe now we can go retake dek and then we can start this war over from square 1.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Not to interrupt foodchat, but it looks like everyone in the MBC just moved to Saranen.

Maybe now we can go retake dek and then we can start this war over from square 1.

Why did they do this? Even groups like PH that wanted to take deklein?

And is this a smart move? Wont the mbc also limit what their linemembers can do to only stuff that is near saranen?

Seemed like they where in a good spot but make it more challenging to keep it fun for the average bloke to make it a bit more difficult for the imperium

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Thatim posted:

Why did they do this? Even groups like PH that wanted to take deklein?

And is this a smart move? Wont the mbc also limit what their linemembers can do to only stuff that is near saranen?

Seemed like they where in a good spot but make it more challenging to keep it fun for the average bloke to make it a bit more difficult for the imperium

PH is living in fade and no sane person wants to live in space that isn't within jump freighter range of NPC space.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Endie posted:

Well, bluegoon and CainFortea agree with you!

The practice is not about "purge the fat". But yes, periodic purging of long-term inactives has been practised by such "pubbie shitlords" as Goonwaffe/Goonfleet 2007-2014* but not by such truegoons as Brave Newbies.

I know we used to do it. It made sense during the great war. But it doesn't really make sense now that awoxers have gently caress all to do, and we have bastion and karma fleet for spies to get in.

Beyond those two things, purging does gently caress all.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thatim posted:

Even groups like PH that wanted to take deklein?

Horde never wanted to take Deklein for itself.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
So we too live in Saranen now.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

CainFortea posted:

I know we used to do it. It made sense during the great war. But it doesn't really make sense now that awoxers have gently caress all to do, and we have bastion and karma fleet for spies to get in.

purging does the opposite, it's a true metric of activity and a good purge would make GSF look much weaker

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CainFortea posted:

I have no difficulty believing that this is what you and bluegoon think.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
heh jokes on you we look pretty weak already, buddy.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Thatim posted:

Moving to Saranen is for more purposes than just loving around on the undock and fighting canes.

No- the MBC won't limit anyones activities. Although outlying alliances are already starting to be reset (CO2, etc).

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Xolve posted:

Moving to Saranen is for more purposes than just loving around on the undock and fighting canes.

No- the MBC won't limit anyones activities. Although outlying alliances are already starting to be reset (CO2, etc).

RIP CO2's money moons.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I guess this means PL won't have to wait for their pets to burn 8 jumps to save their butts next time.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Zephyrine posted:

I think my job gives me the wrong kind of muscles too because the physical strain comes mostly in bursts rather than a prolonged endurance test.

Milk has protein right?

I have trouble eating meats and most veggie stuff with protein are either hard to absorb, taste terrible or contain a lot of calories.

I have been working on weight loss myself for the past year. In the beginning I did not see much traction. In the past 9 months roughly, I have been losing around 2-3lb (around 1 kilo) a week. When this all started, I was too unhealthy to actually do a real workout in a gym so I only really have been walking a lot every day. As far as diet goes, my goal is for 1200 calories per day but I usually end up around 1500. I also try to keep my carb intake to under 100g for the day. Most of my meals are generally meats or other protein and greens. I have recently been cleared to do full workouts at the gym by my doctor so on days I work out, I am adding in about 400 calories to what I eat normally in protein shakes+milk, usually post workout.

When I started I was at 287lb (about 130kg) and I am currently at 212lb (about 96kg). My first goal is to get to 180lb (81kg) then eventually down to 165 (75kg).

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

FYI we did a purge at least as recently ago as last September since that's the kick date on one of my old inactives.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

RIP CO2's money moons.

I don't think we'll be going after them.

I can't speak for other 'allies' though, as most of them think GigX is an idiot. Pretty hard to find someone that doesn't share that opinion really.

Helicon One posted:

FYI we did a purge at least as recently ago as last September since that's the kick date on one of my old inactives.

I really don't see the point in arguing about who has more members, at all.

Like how bruised does your ego have to be to care about mundane corp stats?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Foehammer007 posted:

who are you again??

randomly started posting in this thread four days ago

bluegoon posted:

Dude this is SA not GF if you want to poo poo on people go do it there.

:justpost:

-------------------------

Endie posted:

I have no difficulty believing that this is what you and bluegoon think.

Xolve posted:

Like how bruised does your ego have to be to care about mundane corp stats?

:same:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

The only way I see retaining inactives being actively harmful is if your leadership believes its own poo poo and assumes that because there's 2,000 names in your corp that you have that many ready and willing to show up for your next war.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Thatim posted:

So, obviously, I'm on the Goon side of things, and mittens would probably say something about not interrupting enemies while making a mistake... but looking at it abstractly, I don't think it's a very smart move for most of the MBC. Specifically:

* For PL, it's a loving terrible move, like "what the hell are you thinking, seriously"
* For NC, it's a no-op
* For DARK, it's an interesting move with the potential to either be good or bad, not sure
* For everyone else, not so sure, probably harmless

Saranen's the hottest place in Eve at the moment, and PL effectively can't shoot anyone except Goons -- as of their standings at the time of this post, PL is currently blue to over 45,000 characters, comprising pretty much everyone within fifty gates of Saranen. They've built a donut bigger than anything CFC had at the height of its influence; they've got nothing to do in Saranen except run station camps -- which are easily circumvented with instaundocks, as this is lowsec.

It's also bad for everyone MBC because it removes the few incentives that line Goons had to give PL any fun. After all, it's not like we have any sov left to lose. We were willing to do the occasional welpcane scrap when it was just PL and the odd NC guys in the area; a Saranen dogpile means we just go right back to swords and bombers.

About the only way I can see PL making good out of a Saranen move is if they use it as a stager for a move against northRus -- but even then, it seems questionable, unless they reset some of the MBC in order to make some local loweffort content. If they're planning to keep the blues they presently have and strike northward, a more sensible stager would be Obe or Taisy.

Alternately, if PL wants to go after T-C in Fountain, that's an option too from Saranen, although there's better stagers for that too. My gut read is that they want to open up their options for the "next campaign" but still feel tethered to the area due to PH bail-outs, so Saranen makes something that's a half-step in that direction while preventing PH from feeling abandoned.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 29, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

how bruised does your ego have to be to care about mundane corp stats?

Have you seen some of the things people in this thread, r/eve, and other EVE related forums say?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

So, obviously, I'm on the Goon side of things, and mittens would probably say something about not interrupting enemies while making a mistake... but looking at it abstractly, I don't think it's a very smart move for most of the MBC.

yeah, it's not smart, but it's really the only option they have, so i don't really fault them for choosing from one of one options

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Zephyrine posted:

Milk has protein right?

You are severely undereating. Even the most hardcore cuts rarely go below 1200cal, and I have a hard time believing you're maintaining any sort of muscle mass.

Chicken, turkey, other lean meats should be a staple of your diet; a personal favourite of mine is marinating chicken breast in a vinegar+lemon juice brine overnight, then baking with a thyme, garlic and basil rub until cooked. You can chop a breast up in your salad to add essential protein, and it's got a tasty tang.

You can get a decent home dumbbell set for dollars by the pound, even less if you buy used. Start with goblet squats, dumbbell rows, overhead presses, and dumbbell bench presses. Graduallly increase the weight by 5lbs each week and eat 1/10th your body weight (in lbs) in grams of protein. You'll feel better within one week, you'll notice new muscle in a month, and your weight will increase while your fat will shrink.

Just bear in mind that weight fluctuates. You'll retain water, bloat out after a big meal, then normalize. Don't panic because the scale shows you added a kilo or two; all that matters is you like what you see when you look in the mirror, and have realistic expectations for what will make you happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

The 'War' is effectively over, and now we're in the :staredog: phase just waiting for one another to get caught doing something stupid. I'm sure more poorly fit caps will get caught, a few more FAXs will eat poo poo, and subcaps will die by the dozen. People will post on reddit, there will no doubt be morale posts about it and we can all enjoy the other sides cringe-worthy podcasts on twitch.

However:

If we stay, we fight Goons when we're able and day trip elsewhere in search of the elusive ~gudfite~.

If we leave, we still search for the elusive ~gudfite~ but subject ourselves to horrible things like inter-regional travel via gates.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 29, 2016

• Locked thread