Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Mei's self ice block should not heal her

actually, it should, because she's a stationary target when she comes out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Let's make a bottom tier class even worse

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Yes, make a bottom 3 character even worse. Get rid of the damage on her LMB too imo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pumpy Dumper posted:

it should but it should have a dmg break threshold

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
A character dumpstered me so clearly the fault is of the character as I am already top skill.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Something that does bother me about Mei is she can still contest points while invulnerable.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thoughtless posted:

Something that does bother me about Mei is she can still contest points while invulnerable.

Reaper can too. It's a neat feature and can lead to some nice clutch moments.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Thoughtless posted:

If you freeze the enemy team or trap them they can still contest the point because they are on it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Pumpy Dumper posted:

you aint lived until youve dropped junkrat's traps on an iceblocked mei

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who do you people use on Numbani defense because I think I lose it like 80% of the time

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Help Im Alive posted:

Who do you people use on Numbani defense because I think I lose it like 80% of the time

Try Diva, got a 26 kill streak with her last time I tried that. There's enough high ledges that you can always escape to some high ground if you have to.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Who are all these people at the end freaking out in all chat GG NO HEALER jesus switch to a support then you idiot. I've seen it three times today.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My answer to everything nowadays is Soldier. KOTH? Soldier. Defense? Soldier. Offense? Soldier. Payloads? Soldier. TF2? Soldier.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Pumpy Dumper posted:

k

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Goetta posted:

Who are all these people at the end freaking out in all chat GG NO HEALER jesus switch to a support then you idiot. I've seen it three times today.

Why should *I* have to do it, I'm clearly MVP as Bastion on this attack round

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Thanks to the magic of store credit, I bought the PS4 version for the princely sum of £2. Played a bit of it with a mate earlier, pretty good so far.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

A good widow murders, but that's true on every map. I don't have a consistent go-to on the first half (just whatever my team needs) but usually go junkrat during the second half and it seems pretty successful.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lolasaurusrex posted:

Overwatch is a first person shooter.

:aaa:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Symmetra is really good on Numbani because there are lots of little areas to setup your death room and that first point being such a bitch for most teams makes a teleporter seem really strong.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Numbani defense is pretty bullshit with McCree, so many places to spring out of left/right/above.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
PS4 goon trip report.

I can confirm goonerwatch goons are fun to play with and you should totally get in there. Many thanks to Sidior, dehsa, underseamagic, choichoi (silent but deadly) and everyone else.

In addition , Zanya is my Russian bride and is awesome and gave me black hole play of the game. Lucio is Sonic and legit best healer And we did not, at any point, get thrown off the edge of the map by him. And multi turret setups on defense are broken and should be nerfed unless we are running them.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Goetta posted:

I think Symmetra is really good on Numbani because there are lots of little areas to setup your death room and that first point being such a bitch for most teams makes a teleporter seem really strong.

For her to really shine on Numbani 1st point (after which you should probably be switching if you care about winning) you really need a team who can lock down the main route. Your turrets will make it extremely difficult for teams to push through your choice of flanks - locking off the top right is probably the most impactful but people don't seem to take it very often in pubs for some reason - but the main route is too wide for you to effectively spam as Symmetra. This means a Widow and preferably some sort of spam class but the skies the limit!!!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Harlock posted:

Just having the most garbage day. Win rate dropped by like 7%.

Turn in your badge.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Two Bastions and a Toblerone on defense with healers.

"Step into my meatgrinder" said the bullets to the face.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Came across the Top Gun soundtrack in an old box. Played an hours worth of D.Va to it.
No shame. It was :krad:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dias posted:

My answer to everything nowadays is Soldier. KOTH? Soldier. Defense? Soldier. Offense? Soldier. Payloads? Soldier. TF2? Soldier.

need a healer? Soldier.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The sheer amount of crowd control coupled with the relative squishiness of the characters is really throwing me off. I'm getting constantly frozen, stunned, thrown around or just eaten by a giant dragon. I don't hav emuch time to process what's going on so I'm learning very little. :saddowns:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Help Im Alive posted:

Junkrat is pretty strong on the map for defense. Lots of hideyholes and a narrow corridor is great for grenade spam. The one particular spot where the payload has to round a corner through an overpass on the street is extra savage in favour of Junkrat.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

poptart_fairy posted:

The sheer amount of crowd control coupled with the relative squishiness of the characters is really throwing me off. I'm getting constantly frozen, stunned, thrown around or just eaten by a giant dragon. I don't hav emuch time to process what's going on so I'm learning very little. :saddowns:

read every character page on this website

http://www.owinfinity.com/en/

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where are you guys even checking your winrate?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Internet Kraken posted:

Where are you guys even checking your winrate?
Career profile.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have determined that it is a waste of time to even try to play Winston in quick match.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I poopsocked to Level 34 in 3 days and these are my impressions and opions:

- Overwatch rules, and while I love TF2 for everything and all that fun in the last 8 years, Overwatch does everything better and offers just more in every aspect, it is not even close.
Tf2 is uninstalled, I will miss the Heavy and Natasha tho
- playing in a group is a scaling factor for fun! You REALLY miss a huge part of enjoyment if you only play Solo.
I played with some random dudes that I added after pub games with them because they showed teamplay, off+def awareness and/or simply skill with their class.
Even without teamspeak and "only" playing as a mildly organized group, we won 21 of 24 rounds or sth like that. So much fun, so much XP, so much ragequits and flames in the Match Chat. :newlol:
- play the hell out of McCree before he gets nerfed. I understand now why the "pro" players often play with 2 McCrees, because he his Ultimate, his dmg and elite infight+midrange utilities are far away from balanced. Beeing able to sniper with his primary skill is the icing on the bullshit cake.
- Mercy made me - a "healers are boring" dude - taking so many time in the prefight class selection screen because I can't decide why I should NOT play her. Her impact is amazing, even with 5 crappy mates.
- I needed several games to get used to Zarya and h-o-l-y poo poo, you can simply wreck a whole team that fuel your damage while hitting both of your shields.
- Its funny how you can't lose with 2 Winstons in pub games (in this launch week at least), the enemies simply don't know how to deal with them
- D.va is a free kill. I bet good players can utilize her well, but she is my #1 target with all dmg classes. Her ult allows some clutch plays tho because most players are too slow or dumb to break line-of-sight.
- Genj has a high skill cap and can decide crucial team fights on his own
- everyone who thinks Mei is weak should l2p her. Avoid open fights, dont rush. I watched Mei players getting 20+ kills by superb timing of her tools and using environment as advantage. I got 3 POTG today with multi kills after Ulting. Her CC tools can decide complete matches. Just because she is not slotted in pro games does not mean that she is not both dominating closed maps/areas and annoying.
No other hero leads to so much rage and insults. If she was weak, she would not be in every MVP pool after the match ended and the Mei player was not completely crap.
- usually Sniper classes ruin most games for me. Blizzard managed to balance this. Despite of McCree. When you can headshot Widows and Hanzos too easily across maps, you know sth is wrong.

Agains, just my impressions and opinions. Overwatch costs me too much sleep, I Love this game.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 29, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Dear people: When Zarya blesses you with a bubble what she's actually saying is "You are a worthless piece of meat that needs to throw itself in the grinder so a real hero can get things done"

Don't disappoint her.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I get the hype now. Played a few hours, probably D. Va for at least half, game is tremendous fun.

Also managed to get a few plays of the game which were pretty nice. Once I gunned down a bunch of dudes as Bastion, the others have all been mech self destructions that killed four or five people. It's a nice little confidence booster.

It's really nice that you can just go postal and still do pretty well without a mech, so you're not just being useless and waiting to recharge. Also tiny anime girls are quite good at hiding behind the payload.

Reinhart is quite fun as well, and Tracer.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
If Zarya puts a bubble on you and you're not already actively being shot at then that's her fuckup. Otherwise it's already gone by the time you leave cover.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

fadam posted:

If you're the kind of person who doesn't want a scoreboard because you don't want people telling you to switch classes when you're doing lovely, you're the exact reason we need a scoreboard. Accountability is important.

It's important to know when you're doing bad and change but if it's not obvious to someone, they probably lack the ability to self-criticize and teammates telling them to switch characters will just lead to a death spiral of "actually you are the one who is bad" while the other team destroys the whole team's rage-typing asses.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Knowing how POTG goes a scoreboard would do nothing but highlight your K/D ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I like how the forums are already rife with people claiming Blizz has tools that are enforcing a 50% w/l by pairing them with bad teams.