Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Played a game as Symmetra where I was the only defender left on a payload that was right on top of the final destination. Threw down my teleporter as I died, and the clowncar began. We ended up winning that match, after it got hectic enough that I had enough to place down another teleporter after the initial one was destroyed. I regret not recording it, and can only hope one of the goons I was playing with did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I love Reinhardt because not only does he look like a Dark Souls character, but he plays like one too. So I killed about 3 of them just by dodging their attack, circling around, and shooting them in the rear end.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dislike button posted:

everyone in this game sounds exactly like this guy:

a smug piece of garbage with a dick up their nose

lmao you weirdo

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TheTatteredKing posted:

Nah reaper is fine mechanically.

Yeah as annoying as it is to get killed by, or fail to kill a Reaper, he's still got to get up close to do his job compared to Ye Olde FPS Sniper.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Reaper has clear weaknesses and strengths that teams can exploit to play around him. Widowmaker can hit people at ranges that they cannot respond at, can instantly kill 2/3rds of the cast, and also has respectable close range and AoE damage, for some loving reason.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Kawabata posted:

I think whoever designed widow has never played an fps before

if he has, he finds them very hard

Vermain posted:

Widowmaker can hit people at ranges that they cannot respond at, can instantly kill 2/3rds of the cast, and also has respectable close range and AoE damage, for some loving reason.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Geostomp posted:

Add Reaper and I'm all for it. I am so sick of those two.

A world without Reaper is a world with too many Winstons.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Count Chocula posted:

If nobody else is making one, I will!

How do I wall-run with Lucio?

Hold jump after you jump at a wall. You can chain them together to skate all around an enclosed space

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How do I properly wall-jump up a single wall with Lucio?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Neat detail: Frog Lucio's neon color highlights show what aura he has up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I tried playing a match as Zarya and accomplished basically nothing and held my head in shame :(

I'm really bad at this game if I have to play something other than Defense or Support.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

TheKingofSprings posted:

How do I properly wall-jump up a single wall with Lucio?

You can't just go up a single wall, Lucio can't jump while on wall and land on that same surface again, it has to be a new one. How that's defined varies a lot. Best way to get a feel is to just open a map up on your own and skate around!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I tried playing a match as Zarya and accomplished basically nothing and held my head in shame :(

I'm really bad at this game if I have to play something other than Defense or Support.

Zarya is all about timing your shields well until you turn into a plasma spewing god of destruction. Before you are powered up fighting is a last resort. Zero power beam is weaker than Mercy's pistol as I recall.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 29, 2016

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Brannock posted:

Huh? You reload at like four times the speed when Tactical Visor is active

And even instantly reloads at the start of it in case anyone didn't know.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

chumbler posted:

Zarya is all about timing your shields well until you turn into a plasma spewing god of destruction. Before you are powered up fighting is a last resort. Zero power beam is weaker than Mercy's pistol as I recall.

Mercy puts out 100 DPS with her pistol, level 1 Zarya is 80.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Brannock posted:

Huh? You reload at like four times the speed when Tactical Visor is active

It's actually only double speed.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

chumbler posted:

If you play Zarya with me on Hanamura or King's Row attack, just put a shield on me right before I'm about to jump straight to the cap. Instant full charge.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Does Mercy's blue damage buff wear off the instant you stop casting it?

For that matter, does it take effect immediately as well?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I really hate that Genji's dumb sword sheathing animation after ulting cannot be cancelled. I actually really need you to be throwing shurikens right now bud.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Is anyone getting a recurring bug where the UI vanishes, and it basically kicks you to the title screen to watch a hero's idle pose with no text overlay and no way to bring it back?

You can still hear the game you were in going on, but it's hit me 3-4 times today, I think each time after I'd died instead of putting me back into the game when I respawn.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Cicadalek posted:

I really hate that Genji's dumb sword sheathing animation after ulting cannot be cancelled. I actually really need you to be throwing shurikens right now bud.

Should have killed more dudes with your ult, tbh.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cicadalek posted:

it can be. if you're in your dash animation when the ult expires it ignores the sheath.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Someone in game said that there's going to be a balance patch for Widow, McCree and Winston. Is that true?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I don't think so. Blizzard hasn't said anything and 2/3 of those characters are completely fine and the third is borderline at worst.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't understand how this worked

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

CJ posted:

Someone in game said that there's going to be a balance patch for Widow, McCree and Winston. Is that true?
if so such a thing has not been announced, but i have no idea why they'd nerf winston if they also nerfed the characters he ostensibly countered (tracer, widow) as that'd cause a massive drop in his usage

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Toblerone OP. I'm tired of getting snipped from across the map with his stupid M1 and being wrecked up close with M2. He's pretty much the total package.

:mad:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i saw a level 57 today

goddamn

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah there was a post about some balance changes apparently someone mentioned on a stream recently but that post was a few days ago and good luck finding it.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Countblanc posted:

if so such a thing has not been announced, but i have no idea why they'd nerf winston if they also nerfed the characters he ostensibly countered (tracer, widow) as that'd cause a massive drop in his usage
his primal rage thing is a little too primal and a little too ragey? I don't play him though so maybe he's mediocre/bad until his ult and that makes up for it idk. Wrecks my poo poo like no other ult though.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The reason Winston is used so consistently is that he's the best "generic" tank of the bunch: he's mobile, deals consistent damage, has solid survivability (especially when his ult is active), and can protect his team during pushes. I'd say he's in an otherwise very balanced state right now.

McCree and Widowmaker are the two standouts because of the fact that they don't have enough tradeoffs for their strengths, and I would be very surprised if they weren't put on the chopping block whenever the next big balance patch comes out. We'll see.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

tetsuo posted:

his primal rage thing is a little too primal and a little too ragey? I don't play him though so maybe he's mediocre/bad until his ult and that makes up for it idk. Wrecks my poo poo like no other ult though.

Winston's ult doesn't do a whole lot of damage, it's a zoning tool.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Macaluso posted:

some old dogs tricks still work

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Probably the part where Dad 76 is a very solid and well rounded character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lady Naga posted:

Winston's ult doesn't do a whole lot of damage, it's a zoning tool.

yeah each hit is 40 damage and pushes people away, it definitely isn't going to kill people who aren't already hurt or who have literally zero escape/disable tools. its purpose is mobility/stalling and i guess pushing the aforementioned no escape people into pits when applicable

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Vermain posted:

McCree and Widowmaker are the two standouts because of the fact that they don't have enough tradeoffs for their strengths, and I would be very surprised if they weren't put on the chopping block whenever the next big balance patch comes out. We'll see.

I also feel they're alittle boring with how decisive they are with how they can remove someone before they can retreat or hit their oh poo poo button. Roadhog has abit of this going on as well but hes got more flaws going on too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the only reason tracer isn't in that list is because mccree and widow currently are, and she has a higher execution level to not be awful (at least compared to mccree). if those two get brought down than they need to seriously consider doign the same for tracer or else 2x winston is going to be a mandatory part of every comp once people arent awful

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Feeling like a Demoman today

https://youtu.be/Ps-oY1hAaIU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

yeah each hit is 40 damage and pushes people away, it definitely isn't going to kill people who aren't already hurt or who have literally zero escape/disable tools. its purpose is mobility/stalling and i guess pushing the aforementioned no escape people into pits when applicable

There is nothing more satisfying than ulting as Winston in the Ilois house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I'm terrible and feel like poo poo as well, but somehow I finally went on a head sniping spree with Mei, killed two McCree under High Noon, too - was great.

And it'll never happen again so that's the place to end things for the night.