Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It's quick play and were a week into the game don't worry about being bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Opposing Farce posted:

Does anybody have advice for getting better at Genji without being a burden to my team? He's a lot of fun and I like playing him but I'm pretty bad at it and even when I do okay I can tell I could be doing a lot better and would probably be contributing more if I picked a character I'm more comfortable with like Tracer or McCree. The specific thing I find holding me back is really his shurikens; I'm relatively decent with hitscan but I've always had trouble with projectiles and the shurikens in particular are a fairly unusual weapon I can't exactly practice with except by playing Genji. I know that at the end of the day it really is just a matter of playing a lot until I get better at it, but is there anything specific I can do to improve my aim or at least compensate for my bad aim so I don't have to feel so bad about being a bad?

Set up custom games where it's commonly understood that people aren't playing their mains I guess

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

teagone posted:

Seagull is sitting at a 73% win rate currently. https://watcher.gg/profile/pc/us/Seagull%231894

But I guess Seagull is an outlier, lol.

The people at the top skill levels are always outliers. There are some Dota 2 players with win percentages over 80& but the vast majority of players are around 50%.

I'm at 50% on the heroes I actually play...except for Lucio, who has 85%. I don't even like playing as him :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I barely hit 60% with my good characters as a solo queuer so take that as you might.

Some people still don't really expect attacks from behind in some maps and you can basically win the game as a harrasser that way. See: Volskaya and the left shortcut.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

flashman posted:

A laser on the location widowmaker is scoped in on might be a cool way of nerfing her and preventing the oh ya sick her ult was up kill cams where she just watches the corner at head level for whoever you are.

It really wouldn't; she'd just train the laser on the corner wall instead of directly past the corner, then flick the cursor to your head once you pop out around the corner.

The tracer rounds work well enough for telling you instantly where she's perched.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
junkrat really good and fun and just like demoman

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
junkrat wont be just like the demonman until he can have multiple conc mines active

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The amount of salt going on in this game is hilarious sometimes. We were defending on Temple of Anubis against an obvious premade (they all had JoJo's Bizarre Adventure themed names) and someone immediately picked a sniper, so I went Bastion. Set myself up in a good spot and did what Bastion does best. The Winston would consistently jump up to me and limply attempt to shock me as I would...y'know, pivot around and make him melt, as Bastion does. Every time I did this, he would say SUCH SKILL, THIS BASTION or BASTION MLG or some other "bastion is an easy hero" salt, and then he would proceed to jump right up to me again, like I wouldn't shoot him this time, and get even more mad.

What exactly did he think was going to happen :psyduck:

:potg:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im #39 for most played zarya right now :stare:

also 62 win % aaaa

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
winston both good and fun

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Playing with goons is fun.

Here's a full match where the group I was playing with this evening just steamrolled the opposition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWfynVXM460

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

This game is fun.

How do I play with goons?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im playing rn add me my name is verbalenema on bnet

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

im #39 for most played zarya right now :stare:

also 62 win % aaaa

How do you check that?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've only played McCree for like ten or fifteen minutes total and I'm already wrecking every healer, flanker, and moderately distracted tank I come across.

When people say he's a bit too strong I believe them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not even having the "Tracers recalling right after I flashbang them" problem I used to.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I've only played McCree for like ten or fifteen minutes total and I'm already wrecking every healer, flanker, and moderately distracted tank I come across.

When people say he's a bit too strong I believe them.

this is going to be my go to drunk char because well im 100% fine as long as i never touch q

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The amount of salt going on in this game is hilarious sometimes. We were defending on Temple of Anubis against an obvious premade (they all had JoJo's Bizarre Adventure themed names) and someone immediately picked a sniper, so I went Bastion. Set myself up in a good spot and did what Bastion does best. The Winston would consistently jump up to me and limply attempt to shock me as I would...y'know, pivot around and make him melt, as Bastion does. Every time I did this, he would say SUCH SKILL, THIS BASTION or BASTION MLG or some other "bastion is an easy hero" salt, and then he would proceed to jump right up to me again, like I wouldn't shoot him this time, and get even more mad.

Every time I jump in on a Bastion as Winston I have this fantasy where, while you're facing backwards to shoot me to death, my team is going to take advantage of your exposed weak spot to take you out and move up.

This has never even come close to happening.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

verbal enema posted:

this is going to be my go to drunk char because well im 100% fine as long as i never touch q

Yeah McCree is one of like two characters who is actually more likely to get popped when they hit q but by god if I got it I'm gonna go for it

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Just set up a bubble right outside of bastion and shock him to death it isn't that hard.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Can you please let us know which Jojo's character was playing which Overwatch character

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah McCree is one of like two characters who is actually more likely to get popped when they hit q but by god if I got it I'm gonna go for it

I think you could get good mileage out of his ult by getting somewhere out of sight where the enemy team can definitely hear you and just cancelling it after the audio cue plays. You know people are going to hunker down when they don't know where it's coming from.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also I finally got my first non-blue skin at around level 15, it's the legendary McCree skin where he looks like the KFC logo

I'm so terrible at playing him though

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Are you playing on PS4?

Don't play alone! Come play with the community! (Goonerwatch. Overgoon? gently caress)

Dads!

Scientists!

Cowboys!

Play stupid gimmicks and actually win somehow?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Now win without Lucio.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Action Shakespeare posted:

Just set up a bubble right outside of bastion and shock him to death it isn't that hard.

HMMMMMMMMM

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Countblanc posted:

HMMMMMMMMM

Seriously is there some specific reason why Winston bubbles go down so fast against Bastion? They supposedly have 600 HP but they last about a quarter of a second.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Internet Kraken posted:

Now win without Lucio.

I don't think you can

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Triarii posted:

Seriously is there some specific reason why Winston bubbles go down so fast against Bastion? They supposedly have 600 HP but they last about a quarter of a second.

I think the reason is simple math.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Triarii posted:

Because Bastion's damage output in turret form is absolutely disgusting.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

He "only" puts out 140 - 525 DPS in turret mode. That should give me at least an entire second of comfort and safety. Maybe even two.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dias posted:

How do you check that?

https://watcher.gg/ has a bunch of different rankings that you can filter out on your profile to see where you stack up in categories like KD ratio, best damage, healing, medals earned, etc.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Finally got a Mei potg.

https://giant.gfycat.com/DistantNeatAfricanaugurbuzzard.webm

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Triarii posted:

He "only" puts out 140 - 525 DPS in turret mode. That should give me at least an entire second of comfort and safety. Maybe even two.

There are other people shooting at it at the same time probably, stuff like Winston and Reinhardt shields are often a target for the entire team if you can't see any other enemies to shoot. Test it out online, it could actually be bugged.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

tetsuo posted:

Does the jump landing do any damage? He breaks my junkrat steel traps instantly. idk how to get away if I'm in, say, lijiang towers he just rocket juggles me to death with his fists against a wall . The mine isn't even a guaranteed escape.

Both his normal and ultimate landing does damage, around 25-50 or so I think.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I accidentally got a Zarya/Hanzo ult combo for a quadruple kill on Anubis attack tonight (random pub hanzo with no voice comm).

Then later i got a triple kill using Mei's M2 and singlehandedly saved the payload on Dorado defense.

It was a good night.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Master Overwatch makes me feel good because it says I'm the #112 ranked Mercy. That's because its a system predicated on compiling. Play more = higher rank.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Harlock posted:

Master Overwatch makes me feel good because it says I'm the #112 ranked Mercy. That's because its a system predicated on compiling. Play more = higher rank.

Master Overwatch bases the hero specific rank on your total score with that particular hero though. Isn't is possible for a good player to generate a higher hero score in less time played compared to a bad player who is poopsocking the night away using the same hero?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
1130 gold guys

I want to get a legendary skin but I just know it's gonna drop in the next loot box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Also bonus, I just got the tracer butt-pose

I am now full of butts