Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

It wasn't that much different this week.

oh thank gently caress asher is on. His first comment was about how easy this type of warfare can be, where you aren't held to taking fights you don't want. I was feeling the same thing this week when the last of the sov dropped and I could get away with loving off and doing something else for a few days if I wanted since nothing important would be going on lol.

What I decided to do in that time was reconfigure my characters into blops and scouts, but still. For a "war" I feel incredibly refreshed.

The relaxation brings more enjoyment than it costs and I can keep this up indefinitely.

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
mittens: Astrahoos
some guy on comms: Astrahuss
me: Astrahaus

I'm starting classes again in six weeks and dealing with digital art it means I can lurk comms and keep characters claoked until someone needs my services. And I have at least two years left in my degree soooo

October oh no :f5h::yayclod:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so Saranen is now the busiest not-hisec station in eve by far...

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

frozenpussy posted:

oh thank gently caress asher is on. His first comment was about how easy this type of warfare can be, where you aren't held to taking fights you don't want. I was feeling the same thing this week when the last of the sov dropped and I could get away with loving off and doing something else for a few days if I wanted since nothing important would be going on lol.

I liked Asher, until he thought our Astarte's (:rip:) were active tanked.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

I liked Asher, until he thought our Astarte's (:rip:) were active tanked.

oh no :holy:

lol mittens called you out

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

I'm starting classes again in six weeks and dealing with digital art it means I can lurk comms and keep characters claoked until someone needs my services. And I have at least two years left in my degree soooo

October oh no :f5h::yayclod:

Astrohut

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Is it just me or does mittens pronounce eve item names and eve character names consistently and slightly off compared to you or me

like the emphasis always gets placed on the wrong syllable

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Also, muscle burns calories, a lot of calories, even when you sleep. the higher your muscle mass the more calories you can eat without gaining any fat. Eating 1000 calories a day is hilariously unhealthy and your body is probably eating itself to stay alive, and also frantically storing any unused calories in fat because it is convinced you are going through a period of extreme famine.

You probably need to up your calorie intake, and start budgeting about an hour a day 3 times a week to cardio exercise (walk/runs count, you don't have to go overboard and do a 5k every other day, start out with a basic starting runners plan), and on non cardio days do some training with dumbbells.

Once you get your calories to a normal level and your muscle mass up a bit, you'll notice you actually are losing the fat you had and getting fit.

NOTE: I am really bad at fitness, I should take it more seriously and do more than the minimum to maintain my weight but I am blessed by being skinny-fat and can maintain about 75 kilos no matter what i do.

But I don't want to upp my muscle mass. I just want more endurance and to prevent injury at work.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

frozenpussy posted:

lol mittens called you out

Callouts for days.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
i'm only half way through the meta show and I was inspired to make this spinmaster gif

dickspin.wav

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

But I don't want to upp my muscle mass. I just want more endurance and to prevent injury at work.

I'm poo poo for fitness advice because what works for me probably won't work for another person because of different activity levels and metabolism and such. No joke though, check out YLLS, it's not just for fat goons, there's a lot of smart people who know their poo poo about how to achieve what you're looking for.

The reality of it though is it is really really hard to wind up turning into SHE-HULK by picking up a set of weights unless you're using steroids and eating a billion calories a day. (don't do either of these, it's not healthy really)

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 29, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Go read the fitness subforum. There's a few good guides and discussion threads that will get you good info.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

I ingest about 1050 calories per day

Zephyrine posted:

I just want more endurance

lol

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Zephyrine posted:

One follows the other. More than anything else, and in absence of any other information, you have to start eating more. Your body is cannibalizing the lean essential muscle that you need to prevent injuries, not to mention the damage you're doing to your nervous system by cutting calories to such a dangerous level.

Remember: strength is strength, despite what a lot of people think -- you'll build endurance by lifting heavy weights, but the most important is good nutrition and healthy sleeping habits. Muscles are broken down in the gym, fueled in the kitchen, and rebuilt in the bedroom.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 29, 2016

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
1 quick tip to gain more endurance: eat more than 1050 calories a day

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

One follows the other. More than anything else, and in absence of any other information, you have to start eating more. Your body is cannibalizing the lean essential muscle that you need to prevent injuries, not to mention the damage you're doing to your nervous system by cutting calories to such a dangerous level.

Remember: strength is strength, despite what a lot of people think -- lifting heavy weights is one of the keys to improving your endurance and preventing injuries, but the most important is good nutrition and healthy sleeping habits. Muscles are broken down in the gym, fueled in the kitchen, and rebuilt in the bedroom.

nope my muscles are again broken down in the bedroom.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'll be honest I have no idea how someone can sustain themselves on 1000 calories per day and still have energy to go about a days work or whatever. I probably eat between 1800-2000 calories per day but I'm a guy, if I ate 1000 calories a day, I'd have a hard time getting me out of bed by the end of a week or two.

frozenpussy posted:

nope my muscles are again broken down in the bedroom.

Nice try but what he was getting at was you don't rebuild or repair muscles until you have a chance to rest them, by sleeping.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I'll be honest I have no idea how someone can sustain themselves on 1000 calories per day and still have energy to go about a days work or whatever. I probably eat between 1800-2000 calories per day but I'm a guy, if I ate 1000 calories a day, I'd have a hard time getting me out of bed by the end of a week or two.

Nice try but what he was getting at was you don't rebuild or repair muscles until you have a chance to rest them, by sleeping.

yeah well I'm a sex machine and yes I have a room with a bed in it but I also have a ten second warning bell on the wall and I call cadence.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I think he means :huh: :ssh:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
change overrrr

switch

hydrate

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
more pictures!

right after I was recruited by a wormhole group and joined them in a C3 (or was it a C2) in 2012. They later competed in AT as MOIST.

UI included for scale

I was on a triple box PVE thing for a while as an independent. EVE kept my ADD satisfied. I've gone through several multibox fleet iterations. These are a couple

My screenshots are vertical because at the time I used vertical monitors with this setup

a reimagined Flycatcher model I did in Maya way wayyy back during my first Maya class

and a thing

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

One day, my spacemans will have a sick rear end hat too- just not made by Rixx Javix.

He really doesn't appreciate being called a low-life piece of poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xolve posted:

One day, my spacemans will have a sick rear end hat too- just not made by Rixx Javix.

Wasn't he the dude who made hats for eve characters and begged Reddit to pay his divorce settlement so he didn't have to?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Wasn't he the dude who made hats for eve characters and begged Reddit to pay his divorce settlement so he didn't have to?

Yeah- he was begging recently for money because his ex-wife is villainous-woman-scum whom he owes something to the tune of 60k in back alimony too, because he can't operate a business without the his income being garnished, and instead does 'one or two' projects a week under the table. CCP has some of his art in their office (which ironically is their art, with monochrome backgrounds and pin striping).

He also begged his way into a pretty sick computer setup with a triple 4k monitor setup. Every time I see some of his stupid (absolutely non-copyright violation) pieces of art, my stomach turns a little.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 29, 2016

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Xolve posted:

Yeah- he was begging recently for money because his ex-wife is villainous-woman-scum whom he owes something to the tune of 60k in back alimony too, because he can't operate a business without the his income being garnished, and instead does 'one or two' projects a week under the table. CCP has some of his art in their office (which ironically is their art, with monochrome backgrounds and pin striping).

He also begged his way into a pretty sick computer setup with a triple 4k monitor setup. Every time I see some of his stupid (absolutely non-copyright violation) pieces of art, my stomach turns a little.

:wow:

If anything, low-life piece of poo poo sounds like an understatement.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

I made that pic, most of Rixx hat pics don't look half as good

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Took me longer than I thought it would to figure out that that was a rohk having not seen one in a long long time

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

want one? I'll do it for a vouch into horde

no just kidding but serious I can do you a hat, what did you want it to be of

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

want one? I'll do it for a vouch into horde

no just kidding but serious I can do you a hat, what did you want it to be of

Dude's in PL, isn't it obvious?

Its gotta be a big ol' ballbag with a acorn micropenis poking out the top. :D

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 29, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

frozenpussy posted:

me: Asshouse

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

frozenpussy posted:

change overrrr

switch

hydrate

Attack the head!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Oh, wait. Xolve are you one of those players who wants hats for their avatars in-game. The most damning thing about hats is the technical hurdle of making them jive with hairstyles.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Sub-1000 calorie diets can work, it depends on your metabolism and diet, and you'll still probably hit a wall at some point.

Case in point: me.

Mid-Feb I noted my weight had climbed well over my 200-lb 'hey this is too much' so I went back on my 1000-calorie-or-less a day diet.

SlimFast breakfast shake with skim milk and a double espresso - 200 cals. Also: multi-vitamin and a vitamin C.
Salad, fat-free vinaigrette for lunch with a can of tuna (small) - 200 cals.
Afternoon Slim-fast - 200 cals.
Dinner - something under 400 cals. Don't eat late.

If I worked out that day I could add more calories. At this stage I'm basically upping my workouts (a 25km bike ride yesterday, will be increasing this as my butt hardens up) or 20km distance walks.

I agree your metabolism will adjust to your new intake (see: a month hovering at 190 lbs), you have to keep one step ahead of it. But the very-low cal diets *can* work and you *can* preserve muscle if you're smart. At some point you have to switch over and *build* muscle in order to ramp up your basal rate. I'm there now. Over time my remaining gut will fade; I just need to avoid slacking off the exercise.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I went to a really progressive high school for a time back when I went to high school - so think late 80's or 1990 or some poo poo like that. One of my classes was "The Holocaust in Literature" which was an amazing class where I read so many great books and saw The Great Dictator for the first time.

Anyway I learned in researching for a presentation for that class that the prisoners at Auschwitz were given something like 150 calories a day. I thought I'd try this to see just how much food it was. Turns out it was just about the same as a bag of chips out of the vending machine. So that's all I ate for a week.

When the week was up I had lost something like 15 lbs and my mother's cooking never tasted so good. Please eat more, random euro person on the Internet who I'm apparently not supposed to give a poo poo about. If you continue your current diet it can be classified as nothing other than an eating disorder.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
yeah sure shut up paco

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

I feel like this has been explained before, and you're just looking for something to pick apart.

If it has, i've missed it. But there isn't really an explanation anyway.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

CainFortea posted:

If it has, i've missed it. But there isn't really an explanation anyway.

The explanation is "it's totally different because we say it is" because they've spent the last six years whining about ~blue donuts~ and ~blobs~ to the point that they can't bring themselves to admit they've now fried the biggest, bluest donut in EVE history.

Edit:

And I don't mean to denigrate that, either! It's a genuinely impressive accomplishment, getting that many people to pull toward a common goal, and achieve that goal of taking our space. Congratulations! You have taken all our space. I don't know what the gently caress you actually expected would happen after that, but here we are!

hailthefish fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 29, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
post your multiboxing setups (sub 6 account plebs need not post)

e: https://zkillboard.com/kill/54302569/ :smuggo:

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 29, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is the top one not a violation of the that stupid anti-isboxer rule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I don't use videoFX or anything, I just have resized windows. I don't broadcast either.

Really I could set it up without isboxer, but it helps me optimize my pc's performance and I still have a couple months of subscription left so might as well.

• Locked thread