Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Man, this is so good. Just found this and I can't stop replaying it over and over. :suspense:

I came in expecting a terrible DeviantArt Anime Scooby-Doo parody, but it's way better than the lack of credit I originally gave it.

Completely missed the cybernetic arm the first several times I viewed it, too. That, and the beginning of the sequel, "Freaking Out", completely revised what I thought about what happened in the video, from "The blue-haired girl is being kept in the dark," to "The blue-haired girl knows everything that happened."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I just watched it and I don't see what you mean about Blue Velma knowing anything

Also the Blue spirit tree thing has some Jiangshi in her but I don't know anything specific

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Man, this is so good. Just found this and I can't stop replaying it over and over. :suspense:

I came in expecting a terrible DeviantArt Anime Scooby-Doo parody, but it's way better than the lack of credit I originally gave it.

Also: Blue Velma

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I just watched it and I don't see what you mean about Blue Velma knowing anything

Also the Blue spirit tree thing has some Jiangshi in her but I don't know anything specific

Yellow Shaggy has a cybernetic arm, which he doesn't have in the flashback. In the flashback, his eye and arm get warped by the weird green energy just before the murder.

In the second video, there's that green arm with the eye that scampers away when the Plant Witch shows up to check on what's presumably her source of power.

From that, I infer that it didn't just end with the (first?) murder. The rest of the gang had to deal with the possessed arm and eye afterwards, and it still got away. Pink Fred only knows what happened up until he died.

Though I suppose that Hipster Scoob could have just attacked immediately and bitten the arm off and tore the eye out, instead.

Edit: Hmm. Apparently, there's a lot I didn't pay attention to in this video. Speculation withdrawn.

maltesh has a new favorite as of 01:02 on May 29, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's so bad that it ends up being hilarious, especially with Deviantart Scooby-Doo himself turning into some loving nine-tailed fox

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sparkledog Scooby

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

followed by the someone more disappointing "a pup named sparkledog"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress off, Pup Named Scooby-Doo was good. I will fight you over it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's pretty impressively well-made and a well-told story in the span of 3 minutes or so. There was a good rundown of what happens in the video, underlying meanings of things, etc but I don't have the link handy(there's a wikia article at least). But I do remember it being mentioned the spirit in the not-scooby is a kitsune in the shinto portrayal, that being a servant of the gods that is anathema to evil spirits and attacks them unequivocally, hence why it just straight up tore not-shaggy's arm off as it was possessed.

I enjoy music videos that manage to tell a complete story within such a short timeframe, and Ghost absolutely does it extremely well, there's nothing "so bad" about it, it's actually really smart with its use of time, scenery, and character interactions in such a short period of time to tell a complete narrative.

Also, the skeleton (and flower/tree zombie lady) are impeccably clean, efficient character designs, dude definitely knows how to make a great look for a cartoon character. Not-shaggy and especially not-scooby aren't great though.

And while we're at it, let's toss in some other skeletons, everyone in this thread's favorites!

And unrelated~

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

i only saw it as an under 10, during summer vacation, when it was too hot to go outside. you must have been under some real dire conditions.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
Additional Purple-Fred.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

You know, I always thought that purple skeleton guy was from some fighting game I knew nothing about.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Captain Invictus posted:

It's pretty impressively well-made and a well-told story in the span of 3 minutes or so. There was a good rundown of what happens in the video, underlying meanings of things, etc but I don't have the link handy(there's a wikia article at least). But I do remember it being mentioned the spirit in the not-scooby is a kitsune in the shinto portrayal, that being a servant of the gods that is anathema to evil spirits and attacks them unequivocally, hence why it just straight up tore not-shaggy's arm off as it was possessed.

I enjoy music videos that manage to tell a complete story within such a short timeframe, and Ghost absolutely does it extremely well, there's nothing "so bad" about it, it's actually really smart with its use of time, scenery, and character interactions in such a short period of time to tell a complete narrative.

Also, the skeleton (and flower/tree zombie lady) are impeccably clean, efficient character designs, dude definitely knows how to make a great look for a cartoon character. Not-shaggy and especially not-scooby aren't great though.

And while we're at it, let's toss in some other skeletons, everyone in this thread's favorites!

And unrelated~

Wait a second...

You just used this as an excuse to post Undertale, didn't you!?

Curse you, Invictus! :argh:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

What is the original image behind this? I saw one for Fallout 4 and thought it was pretty funny?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i only saw it as an under 10, during summer vacation, when it was too hot to go outside. you must have been under some real dire conditions.
At summer camp it was almost always the only thing that was on the cartoon channel, that or actual scooby doo

I loving hate anything scooby doo

Dreddout posted:

Wait a second...

You just used this as an excuse to post Undertale, didn't you!?

Curse you, Invictus! :argh:
A little of column a, a little of column b :smug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It was the best at the time. But granted, the only Scooby-Doo things I remember there was the normal animated show though.

Pup Named Scooby-Doo was great though. I'd rank it higher than that weird Family Guy looking version that came out last year.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ok, I will admit that I love the pink skeleton guy because he is pink and a skeleton, my two favorite things.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtnHPNlzCz8

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It'd be inappropriate to post fanart of myself, so anyone got some good/weird Grin Fandango art?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Great, whirley gigs for the next step up

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh my God, Mei is a blue Velma!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Even in it's unfinished state, I much prefer this Mystery Skulls fan video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TqfBEX6QtE

Part of that is that this one doesn't have a stupid looking dog with both hair and glasses. Ughh.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Were you there when that guy did Punk Goes Crunk
Were you there when that guy did Punk Goes Crunk
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBKbk3h-UWE

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh my god im dying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mHJp-doOak

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Source

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Can't be assed to edit the gif in gimp yet.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Scrappy sucked, Pup Scoob was great as a kid. I will also fight you.

E: I think the song for Ghosts is better to me than Freaked Out just musically speaking. It's not perfect as a music video; it's missing some polish and an undefinable pizazz and the ersatz Scooby Doo characters aren't great, but I still love how the music video for Ghosts is choreographed to the music and I love Pink-Fred Ghost's design. I especially love that bad-rear end hair weave he does half-way through the video and the pink chorus ghosts.

I just really enjoy it a lot. :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 07:16 on May 29, 2016

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Sounds like you guts are off on a

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMRVC3vaHI

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OYf_UjUaGQ I'll fight any fuckin' war for this man

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Rewatched Tremors and decided to do an image search.

NSFWish Sexy Graboids

thanks internet :catstare:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I've been subscribed to Ray Sipe for years now and he only gets more fascinating as time goes on.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Buckets posted:

Rewatched Tremors and decided to do an image search.

NSFWish Sexy Graboids

thanks internet :catstare:

Well, it's creative I give it that

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/27/11713758/when-computers-dream-of-dark-souls-neural-network-art-google-potatoes

Not traditional fanart but I think it belongs here; someone took one of those computer algorithims that applies the art style and colour pallete of one image to another, and used it to mash up various games with classic artwork. Then they started combining games with other game, which led to my two favorite pieces; Dark Souls and Bloodborne combined with the art of Wind Waker.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Ugh I wish they made the Bloodbourne one wallpaper sized, even with the watermark

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

https://www.chapelcomic.com/28/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Ugh I wish they made the Bloodbourne one wallpaper sized, even with the watermark

I have my ways. It's not perfect, but it works. Open the image in a new tab to get it at full size.

• Locked thread