Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Armor-Piercing posted:

Maybe we'll be really lucky and get Omega Quintet next month.

The first psn game I ever had to have refunded lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Here's to hoping the vita freebie is handball

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hear it's big in Germany

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I hear it's big in Germany

You know who else was big in Germany? That's right.

David Hasselhoff.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I see they're trying to keep ps+ game genres varied.

I guess its hard to pick between helping people discover games vs picking out popular games.

Like NBA 2k16 still being high selling means that while its cool (i have no interest in basketball games) the people who wanted it probably swarmed it.

But yeah they'll offer more games as the systems life goes on and ps3 and vita stuff vanish slowly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Here's to hoping the vita freebie is handball

That man looks incredibly upset about handball.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Lemon-Lime posted:

That man looks incredibly upset about handball.

He's on a cover of a poorly made game for a dead gay handheld system. I would be too!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

He's playing hand ball but there are no balls in either of his hands

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The guy on the left is desperately looking for the bathroom.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i was real happy with tropico 5

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I'm not a fan of sports games in the least, but if NBA is at least decent (which is sounds like it is) it will make me happy. It's nice that they're dropping a sports game for people finally.

Gone Home looks neat, which also makes it not as bad.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

AlmightyBob posted:

The #1 thing people wanted was rpgs and we still aren't getting any

What RPGs on PS4 are worth playing? I might just straight up buy them but I didn't even know any existed.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

they have to come out first i think the first rpgs for ps4 came out a year ago
surely there's some indie poo poo that came out before then? Maybe the quality was just too awful even to join the ranks of Whoa Dave

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

qbert posted:

What RPGs on PS4 are worth playing? I might just straight up buy them but I didn't even know any existed.

Megadimension Neptunia V2

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

qbert posted:

dark cloud 2

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

qbert posted:

Final Fantasy XIV. :getin:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

qbert posted:

Digimon

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Dragon Age Inquistion, probably Wtcher 3. Also reccomend the PS1 Final Fantasy ports that have built in anti grinding , skip battle and god mode

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprise they didn't try to give out base Dragon Age to get people to buy the dlcs?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rpgs have long sales tails that other genres dont enjoy ive heard

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah, I've spoken to several RPG publishers and RPGs tend to continue to sell (relatively) well over their entire lifetime, especially in the digital era where they can frequently continue to sell without additional printings. They never sell multi-millions or whatever but they're a reliable income source.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

qbert posted:

They will never release the FF7 port on Plus

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

qbert posted:

If you stretch the definition into SRPGs, Disgaea 5.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

qbert posted:

Final Fantasy X/X2

Maybe Wasteland 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Divinity for sure

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Divinity for sure

This one I've actually heard good things about, and Disgaea. Everything else sounds like ports of older games.

I guess that answers the question of why no free RPGs.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo games enjoy the long sales tails too (hence not many price decreases on nintendo games(

But I think part of it is, rpgs are kind of.... timeless? There's no multiplayer to pile in on early, rpgs tend to be played by more patient people and they're fine to buy anytime, and they tend to provide tons of hours of gameplay, as long as you're willing to put in effort to get into it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Seconded.

I was actually genuinely taken a back at the amount of effort. not perfect by any means but the digimon games have come quite a way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

qbert posted:

This one I've actually heard good things about, and Disgaea. Everything else sounds like ports of older games.

I guess that answers the question of why no free RPGs.

Its pretty good single player, but coop is out of control great

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

SectumSempra posted:

Seconded.

I was actually genuinely taken a back at the amount of effort. not perfect by any means but the digimon games have come quite a way.

Is Digimon any good if I was going in with zero knowledge of previous anime series, card games, or wherever the license originally comes from?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

barren_sky posted:

Is Digimon any good if I was going in with zero knowledge of previous anime series, card games, or wherever the license originally comes from?

Yeah it's really easy to get into. And it can be addicting. I only knew like 10 of the possible digimon evolutions, which is fine, since it was fun seeing what they evolve into,

It's seriously a really solid game. Like the second best thing to persona on the vita. It'll keep you busy for 80+ hours, especially if you wanna do postgame stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zenintrude posted:

Maybe Wasteland 2

Even as someone who played a bunch of those old isometric RPGs on PC years ago I couldn't stand Wasteland 2.

As for NBA 2k16 being a PS+ game, it is/was on sale over the weekend so doesn't that kind of take it out of consideration? I thought they said something a while back about avoiding those situations so people don't feel like they got cheated.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Even as someone who played a bunch of those old isometric RPGs on PC years ago I couldn't stand Wasteland 2.

As for NBA 2k16 being a PS+ game, it is/was on sale over the weekend so doesn't that kind of take it out of consideration? I thought they said something a while back about avoiding those situations so people don't feel like they got cheated.

they've done it recently with a few things i think i recall

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

In fact, I'd say it's more likely than not to be a PS+ game if it was recently on sale, going by recent months.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Witcher 3's new DLC (Blood & Wine) preload went live yesterday or maybe two days ago, and unlocks at 4:00 PM PST. It's 12GB so Go Git It

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

enojy posted:

Witcher 3's new DLC (Blood & Wine) preload went live yesterday or maybe two days ago, and unlocks at 4:00 PM PST. It's 12GB so Go Git It

Will it automatically download onto my PS4 if I have the season pass, or do I need to specifically push buttons?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Montalvo posted:

Will it automatically download onto my PS4 if I have the season pass, or do I need to specifically push buttons?

Dunno! I bought the DLCs separately and had to push button.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably not with the season pass since you usually still have to physically claim the DLC even though it shows up for 'free'.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I pre ordered the dlc on PS4 (not season pass) and it downloaded automatically yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
I bought The Witcher 3 season pass, immediately claimed the two DLCs it covers, and Blood and Wine started automatically for me, but I did have to turn my ps4 on.

On another note, my ps4 has started having problems connecting to my wifi network. More than just poor connection speeds, it actually won't connect at all. I've found the solution is to change the channel of my WiFi network and it will connect again, but it's happened twice now. Is this a sign the wifi in the ps4 is getting ready to shot the bed?

I know, the wifi card in the ps4 is poo poo and I'd be better off hard wiring it... But I'd rather not have to run Ethernet through my attic from one end of my house to the other. It is TYooL 2016 after all.

• Locked thread