Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Echoes Act 2 is really cute but I don't like the white shoes/kneecaps. They stand out from the rest of the design in a bad way. I wish it still had the silly training wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The worst thing about this whole Yukako topic is the fact that people often beat around the bush with what they really mean or want to say because in the majority of the discussions about this kind of poo poo on the internet so people play safer than sorry, some one ends up being called sexist, others end up going "you're quite clearly unintelligent, unlike myself, for having opinion x or y on this matter", it's not an interesting topic, it's not an enjoyable topic to read, it only really serves to drag discussion down and it's god-drat boring. It overshadows everything else about the episode. I know it's important to ascertain whether or not this character was born out of an hatred of the opposite sex, but maybe, just maybe, you can talk about something worth reading such as how Echoes Act 2 is cool as gently caress.

It's the "Is Alessi a paedophile?" of Part 4.

No one has said that anyone else was less intelligent for disagreeing about Yukako. No one has claimed that Yukako "was born out of an hatred of the opposite sex."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

No one has said that anyone else was less intelligent for disagreeing about Yukako. No one has claimed that Yukako "was born out of an hatred of the opposite sex."

There are one or two posts in this very thread saying that if someone has a certain view point, they're wilfully disingenuous or other implied insults. Not to single out said posts or posters, so if this rings your bell, no offence intended. Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on gender, both sentiments born of hatred, they're inextricably linked. :shrug:

I'm not implying that people are starting a lynch mob, but there's a certain degree of looking down on people on this topic going on in here.

Which is another reason why it's a boring, bad and lovely topic that achieves nothing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

There are one or two posts in this very thread saying that if someone has a certain view point, they're wilfully disingenuous or other implied insults. Not to single out said posts or posters, so if this rings your bell, no offence intended. Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on gender, both sentiments born of hatred, they're inextricably linked. :shrug:

You don't get to claim what a conversation was really about after loudly refusing to participate over and over.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You don't get to claim what a conversation was really about after loudly refusing to participate over and over.

I don't know what part of "carrying on the conversation, but explaining why it's a poo poo topic" is "not participating". It's actually the exact opposite.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here's my contribution to the "Is Caesar Zeppeli still alive?" topic:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I don't know what part of "carrying on the conversation, but explaining why it's a poo poo topic" is "not participating". It's actually the exact opposite.

You were protesting the entire idea of the discussion, when the discussion was just that one poster didn't get why it'd be sexist and the response was "Well come on, her character is a stereotype of women."

It's a common response to the character. Of course it's going to come up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey thread, let's calm down and go to the Olive Garden and pregame for Friday's feast?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Which is another reason why it's a boring, bad and lovely topic that achieves nothing.

Discussing problematic aspects of a piece of media in the discussion thread dedicated to that piece of media is not boring, bad, or lovely.

Certain types of posts on the topic can be one or more of those things...but the discussion itself is worth having.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on gender, both sentiments born of hatred, they're inextricably linked. :shrug:

There's a difference between saying that Yukako is a sexist character, and saying that the character was born out of a hatred of women.

You're effectively trying to shut down discussion.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

source

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 29, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like SDC, but I'm kind of weary of it after Eyes of Heaven.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stardust Crusaders is overplayed even though it's a good part. Eyes of Heaven is just a retelling in the end, the OVA's, HFTF, Jotaro being the image character in JoJo. It's obviously the route to money so it makes sense, but there's a lot of JoJo and they could do a lot more if they want to do some new stuff for it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
My reaction to this thread right now:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Part 4 would make for a dope Yakuza game.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
too bad part 4 is a persona ripoff otherwise it would be more popular

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is the JoJoveller artbook (the special edition with all the other books and BluRays) worth buying if I can't read Japanese at all?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

jivjov posted:

Is the JoJoveller artbook (the special edition with all the other books and BluRays) worth buying if I can't read Japanese at all?

YES.

Just buy it, don't give a gently caress. BUY. CONSUME.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey thread, let's calm down and go to the Olive Garden and pregame for Friday's feast?

That's like binging Naruto to pregame for JoJo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

too bad part 4 is a persona ripoff otherwise it would be more popular

Making a list of parallels between this and DiU would be interesting.

I only just remembered RHCP parallels the TV World victims.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
Yukako pros:
- Broke into a house and built an electric chair to help her kidnapped love interest become a better person
- Becomes cooler and funnier later on when she tones it down
- Has dark hair and blue eyes like the original husbando, Jonathan

Yukako cons:
- Is a B-tier villain

Damnit, I love Yukako

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

giffan posted:

- Has dark hair and blue eyes like the original husbando, Jonathan

Jonathan had bright blue hair and Yukako has purple eyes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the ost when koichi opens the door is just amazing. god drat the sound track for part 4 is unbelievable

giffan
Jul 10, 2012

Butt Ox posted:

Jonathan had bright blue hair and Yukako has purple eyes

Jonathan has had like 5 different hair colours depending on the medium, but it's always been of the dark variety. Didn't realize they gave Yukako purple eyes though. Oh well, dark hair, bright eyes is my jam

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

My reaction to this thread right now:

It just occurred to me that I would only accept Ron Perlman as Oldseph.

Tell me he wouldn't be perfect in every way. We already know he can do ham.

E: Hell, put him in the Japanese version; his inability to speak Japanese would just be more in-character.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Enourmo posted:

E: Hell, put him in the Japanese version; his inability to speak Japanese would just be more in-character.

I'd really love to see him fight his own arm.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Enourmo posted:

Someone photoshop Oldseph's clothes onto Perlman ASAP.

E:

I suddenly want this to happen really badly.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 30, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

jivjov posted:

Definitely. Granted, I still don't own jojo a-gogo but there's stuff in jojoveller that isn't really collected elsewhere, I don't think. I feel like it favors later arcs but that makes sense given the wealth of material for earlier parts.

The Stands book that comes with it is obviously gonna be impossible to get through if you don't read Japanese but still looks nice. I confess, I've owned jojoveller for a while now and I've still never actually popped in the blu-ray to see what it even is.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

not my work

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Butt Ox posted:

not my work

:yeah:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Butt Ox posted:

not my work

:perfect:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Butt Ox posted:

not my work

I literally just made this.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 30, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

This is extremely good and I am saving it in my Jojo folder for future use.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Did you put it up in any other places yet because I want to share it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have not.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Waffleman_ posted:

This is great GUREITO!

I think the text should be a bit larger, but otherwise I'd love to have this as a permanent SA smilie. Maybe buy it as :joseph: or :jojo:?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

edit: wrong thread

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The worst thing about this whole Yukako topic is the fact that people often beat around the bush with what they really mean or want to say because in the majority of the discussions about this kind of poo poo on the internet so people play safer than sorry, some one ends up being called sexist, others end up going "you're quite clearly unintelligent, unlike myself, for having opinion x or y on this matter", it's not an interesting topic, it's not an enjoyable topic to read, it only really serves to drag discussion down and it's god-drat boring. It overshadows everything else about the episode. I know it's important to ascertain whether or not this character was born out of an hatred of the opposite sex, but maybe, just maybe, you can talk about something worth reading such as how Echoes Act 2 is cool as gently caress.

It's the "Is Alessi a paedophile?" of Part 4.

what da fuk lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't know, I think that scene where Levi feeds her the apple while staring right at Eren was kind of worth it.

Holy poo poo that sounds amazing :allears:

You've done good.

• Locked thread