Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I just want Dragonball Fusions to have Beerus + Champa be a super swole Broly esque cat god and if it does that I'll be happy enough to call it the game of the year.

Korin/Beerus fusion for the ultimate in lazy cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Rutibex posted:

Goku uses his Earth name when he fuse. It would be Gorad, a very energetic name if I say so myself.

Vegetto called.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like that Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks can't even bother a base level Vegeta anymore, kind of like Beerus vs Goku at the start of BoG, even though Gotenks was probably never on Buu saga Goku's level.

The power curve in this thing is hilarious.
(I know it's not meant to be taken seriously or anything)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I like that Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks can't even bother a base level Vegeta anymore, kind of like Beerus vs Goku at the start of BoG, even though Gotenks was probably never on Buu saga Goku's level.

It's more of a power chasm by now.

I was hoping he'd at least do the volleyball BS and piss off Purplegeta (Eggplant?).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wouldn't it be Goditz?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

goku's so glad for a chance to know what it would feel like to murder vegeta

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Condiv posted:

goku's so glad for a chance to know what it would feel like to murder vegeta

He just better do it before 5 minutes from the end of last week's episode are up.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm just happy they used Gotenks again

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d posted:

He just better do it before 5 minutes from the end of last week's episode are up.

Oh no a fight to the death between Goku and evil Vegita, except one of them isn't real so they can fight full force, and they are on a time limit. This has literally never happened before in Dragonball (especially not the the previous DBZ arc!) I am very impressed by their originality.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

I thought Gotenks was >>> Buu saga Goku?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

the culminator posted:

I thought Gotenks was >>> Buu saga Goku?

But Kid Buu is the strongest Buu, and Goku beat him on his own. That means Goku is the strongest.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rutibex posted:

But Kid Buu is the strongest Buu, and Goku beat him on his own. That means Goku is the strongest.

gently caress off troll

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Sorry for even bringing it up guys. Broly is the strongest anyways so none of it matters

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Everyone knows that Monaka is the strongest non-god in the universe!

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Rutibex posted:

Kid Buu is the weakest Buu. Even Fat Buu was stronger, though a less capable fighter making him less of a threat.

And SSj3 Gotenks being weaker than base form Vegeta is ridiculous. I don't expect him to be able to do much to Vegeta but a SSj3 should be able to at least get in a few solid hits. At this point they're going out of their way to invalidate every fighter not Goku and Vegeta even more than they already have been.

The power scaling has always been a bit nuts, but now they're just going the fanfic route with unstoppable almighty characters stronger than the strongest because reasons. At SSj3, Goku is already implied via context to have universe-ending power. You can't really go up from there, and yet they've now introduced multiple characters so far beyond SSj3 that it may as well be a Saibaman in comparison. And we're quickly entering GT territory with random characters showing up who are ludicrously more powerful than even Buu at the height of his strength. Freeza getting his power-boost I was able to stomach because training being the key to great strength is a running theme in the series plus it was well established that Freeza is weird mutant capable of increasing his power easily. But where the gently caress was Whis when Buu was threatening the Universe? Why did nobody hire Hit to kill Alt-Freeza? Why are the Kai's always so surprised by Goku's power when they know drat good and well that there are other universes with people that make him look like an insect?

The cats out of the bag, so no way to go back now, but they really shouldn't have upped the stakes as much as they did. It's removed all gravitas from the previous series because the entire time the gang was struggling against all-powerful space emperors, an amalgam bug monster, and an indestructible putty beast, Hit was chilling one universe over and could've wiped the floor with all of them simultaneously literally faster than the blink of an eye.

I demand cohesion in my silly punchmans anime's dammit.

Esroc fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 30, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Esroc posted:

Where the gently caress was Whis when Buu was threatening the Universe? Why did nobody hire Hit to kill Alt-Freeza? Why are the Kai's always so surprised by Goku's power when they know drat good and well that there are other universes with people that make him look like an insect?

Why would Whis care that Buu was threatening the universe?

Because Frost intentionally framed himself as a hero.

Because the Kais aren't regularly visiting other universes.(And also even in DBZ were very bad at their jobs.)

These are all things answered in the show itself.

Esroc posted:

The cats out of the bag, so no way to go back now, but they really shouldn't have upped the stakes as much as they did. It's removed all gravitas from the previous series because the entire time the gang was struggling against all-powerful space emperors, an amalgam bug monster, and an indestructible putty beast, Hit was chilling one universe over and could've wiped the floor with all of them simultaneously literally faster than the blink of an eye.

And when Kid Goku was struggling to defeat the almighty King Piccolo, his brother was off in space and could have effortlessly killed both of them with one hand tied behind his back. The fact there are stronger people out there doesn't devalue the lower-level fights.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

ImpAtom posted:

And when Kid Goku was struggling to defeat the almighty King Piccolo, his brother was off in space and could have effortlessly killed both of them with one hand tied behind his back.

I'll grant you the other rebuttals, but at least when Raditz showed up the power difference was still believable. Raditz was stronger, but not Immortal Demi-God stronger so it made sense that Goku was able to surpass him. But Goku already had the power to undo existence as far back as the Buu Saga and they've now introduced characters that dwarf even that by an order of magnitude. Character strength has reached a point where it doesn't even make sense anymore.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Esroc posted:

I'll grant you the other rebuttals, but at least when Raditz showed up the power difference was still believable. Raditz was stronger, but not Immortal Demi-God stronger so it made sense that Goku was able to surpass him. But Goku already had the power to undo existence as far back as the Buu Saga and they've now introduced characters that dwarf even that by a magnitude. Character strength has reached a point where it doesn't even make sense anymore.

Raditz was so strong that Goku and Piccolo, the two strongest people in the world working together, were unable to defeat him short of a literal suicide attack taking advantage of a very specific weakness and also he never actually transformed into an ape. Then they revealed that dude was so 'weak' in the scale of things that they had mass-production Radtiz they could grow which Krillin oneshotted several of after a year's training.

One year of training for Krillin made him significantly stronger than Piccolo and Goku put together were, despite Piccolo at minimum training to get strong enough to kill Goku.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Esroc posted:

I demand cohesion in my silly punchmans anime's dammit.

In each arc the scope of the stakes gets bigger. The sayjin arc the Earth is at stake, the Frieza saga all of space is at stake, in Buu saga all of the heavens are at stake, and now in Super the multiverse is at stake. Only the Cell/Android arc doesn't really fit into a progression (which is why its dumb and stupid).

It makes sense that the beings from higher tiers of existence don't give a poo poo about the petty squabblings of lower levels. The Kais aren't going to save Earth from Vegita, they don't care. Planets being destroyed here and there is part of the normal cosmic balance, space emperors come and go (remember the Kais are thousands of years old!). But once a monster that can destroy massive amounts of planets (or the afterlife itself) gets unleashed they need to step in. Same reason Whis doesn't care about Buu, he works for The King of Everything, and the king obviously like a bit of destruction in his universes or he wouldn't have made destruction gods.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Esroc posted:

Kid Buu is the weakest Buu. Even Fat Buu was stronger, though a less capable fighter making him less of a threat.

And SSj3 Gotenks being weaker than base form Vegeta is ridiculous. I don't expect him to be able to do much to Vegeta but a SSj3 should be able to at least get in a few solid hits. At this point they're going out of their way to invalidate every fighter not Goku and Vegeta even more than they already have been.

You explained your point :v: Like with the Buus, Gotenks is nowhere near the fighter that Vegeta is, and as we all know SSJ Vegeta is way more capable than SSJ3 Goku when Bulma's in danger. Power Levels Don't Matter.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You explained your point :v: Like with the Buus, Gotenks is nowhere near the fighter that Vegeta is, and as we all know SSJ Vegeta is way more capable than SSJ3 Goku when Bulma's in danger. Power Levels Don't Matter.

Clone Vegita is entirely purple, we have no way of knowing the color of his hair or eyes. Vegitas hair also doesn't change shape when he transforms, so maybe hes already transformed and at full power?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

In each arc the scope of the stakes gets bigger. The sayjin arc the Earth is at stake, the Frieza saga all of space is at stake, in Buu saga all of the heavens are at stake, and now in Super the multiverse is at stake. Only the Cell/Android arc doesn't really fit into a progression (which is why its dumb and stupid).

Speaking of the Cell saga, if you want to talk about weird power-scaling issues that's where it becomes most blatant. Androids 19 and 20 are on par with Frieza, the galactic tyrant that even the gods feared. 17 and 18 are able to shrug off hits from Vegeta, who was just toying with 19 and 20. 16 and first form Cell are shown to be much stronger than 17 and 18, then Cell transforms and is able to tank 16's punches like nothing. Vegeta trains for a year's worth of time, then clowns Cell, who transforms again and Vegeta can't scratch him with anything but Final Flash. It goes on from there.

And the worst thing about the whole business is that all the villains in the arc, among whom even the weakest could go toe to toe with Frieza, who was already shown to be several orders of magnitude stronger than everyone else in the galaxy, were essentially built in some old man's garage. Basically, power levels are bullshit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Did something happen recently in Super so that there's a multiversal threat? I thought they'd just finished screwing around in the Unvierse 6 and 7 tournament and then the Zen Ou dude suggested a multiversal tournament next.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

Clone Vegita is entirely purple, we have no way of knowing the color of his hair or eyes. Vegitas hair also doesn't change shape when he transforms, so maybe hes already transformed and at full power?

Lets not forget that Vegeta and Goku got a massive powerup in base form from their God Form.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Aurora posted:

I'm just happy they used Gotenks again

I was about to say, "This was a very GT-ish episode," but then I remembered this. GT would never let Gotenks fight. As dull as it was, it was STILL a step up from a GT episode.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Did something happen recently in Super so that there's a multiversal threat? I thought they'd just finished screwing around in the Unvierse 6 and 7 tournament and then the Zen Ou dude suggested a multiversal tournament next.

Vegeta got copied by a virus.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'm not a huge fan of Gotenks getting chumped like that. Yeah, he/they shouldn't have been able to seriously harm Purplegeta, but they should've been able to at least have been a bit of a nuisance with some sort of new crazy ability [or even an old ability, like the kamikaze ghosts.]

It's also kinda tough to be excited about Goku vs. Purplegeta. The Majin Vegeta fight was cool, because after the android/cell saga, it was tough to tell who was stronger out of the two. But so soon after the U6/U7 tournament, it's pretty clearly established that Goku is stronger, which really robs this arc of any tension.

Another thing, don't you think Vegeta should've been more paranoid about getting absorbed? A couple very recent threats also used absorption as a gimmick, so you'd think he'd be paying more attention to stuff like that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku is stronger than Vegeta if he uses the Super Kaioken that gives him bonitis, causes him lasting illness and could permanently ruin his ability to train forever, so it's not really an answered question who is stronger without that.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
oh yeah, i guess it is kinda surprising vegeta doesn't have ptsd by now. I kinda like this fight tho. Goku got dunked on by Vegeta last time they had a full on battle, back in the majin arc.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lupus Rufus posted:

oh yeah, i guess it is kinda surprising vegeta doesn't have ptsd by now. I kinda like this fight tho. Goku got dunked on by Vegeta last time they had a full on battle, back in the majin arc.

Every time Vegeta ought to develop ptsd, he just screams about his pride and it all collapses around him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Slightly Absurd posted:

It's also kinda tough to be excited about Goku vs. Purplegeta. The Majin Vegeta fight was cool, because after the android/cell saga, it was tough to tell who was stronger out of the two. But so soon after the U6/U7 tournament, it's pretty clearly established that Goku is stronger, which really robs this arc of any tension.

I'm not convinced that Goku is stronger than Vegeta outside suicide mode Kaioken, not that it matters, DB is Goku vs the villain in the end, but the real reason to me to have no interest in this fight is because it almost definitely ends next week because Trunks' arc begins on the 12th of June/Ep 47. Purplegeta is probably getting chumped out fairly quickly.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Goku is stronger than Vegeta if he uses the Super Kaioken that gives him bonitis, causes him lasting illness and could permanently ruin his ability to train forever, so it's not really an answered question who is stronger without that.

Little do we know, Vegita has stolen yet another of Tiens techniques, the Shin Kikoho, and plans to use it to counter Gokus bonititus inducing Kaio Ken.

Neither side will win, they will simply shoot mega blasts at each other until they both collapse from exhaustion and die.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm enjoying how Vegeta functionally has no horse in this race. If Goku loses, Vegeta gets to die happy knowing he was the strongest.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

I'm enjoying how Vegeta functionally has no horse in this race. If Goku loses, Vegeta gets to die happy knowing he was the strongest.

he'd just get wished back/kicked out anyway.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The politics of death in Dragon Ball Z never made any drat sense and I'm glad the only part of that left in Super is the running gag of King Kai still being dead.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
At least this indirectly makes Cabba look way better. Since he was on par with base Vegeta in his own base form.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

I like that Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks can't even bother a base level Vegeta anymore
Agreed, that seemed silly, especially when we saw a fully powered-up Goku get sniped by one of Freeza's minions with a common laser gun. Based off of the last episode, that laser beam shouldn't have done anything, except bounce off of Goku and make everybody laugh.

I think there's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Really, it's just whatever is convenient to the story at the time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jedah posted:

Agreed, that seemed silly, especially when we saw a fully powered-up Goku get sniped by one of Freeza's minions with a common laser gun. Based off of the last episode, that laser beam shouldn't have done anything, except bounce off of Goku and make everybody laugh.

I think there's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Really, it's just whatever is convenient to the story at the time.

That isn't true at all.

The reason the gun hurt Goku is because Goku let his guard down and DBZ invincibility relies on focusing on protecting yourself with your ki. This is a stated plot point and how it's always functioned.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

ImpAtom posted:

The reason the gun hurt Goku is because Goku let his guard down and DBZ invincibility relies on focusing on protecting yourself with your ki. This is a stated plot point and how it's always functioned.
Did you see the Vegeta-clone "focus" on protecting himself in any way, shape, or form? Because it looked like he just stood completely still while SSJ3 Gotenks pounded on him. But wait, he didn't "let his guard down" because he was "focused." Oh, okay.

SSJ3 Gotenks, the same guy who could pierce through dimensions with his full power, and who nearly annihilated Super Buu, a being that could easily destroy entire worlds. It's just shoddy writing for a filler episode, it's that simple. DBGT did it all the time.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Why are you guys assuming he's base-level anyway?

• Locked thread