Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Whats Cole Pearn count at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Martin blows the engine so they can't figure out what COLE PEARN did :tinfoil:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

anotherblownsave posted:

Whats Cole Pearn count at?

LASTCAR had 10 as of DW being excited.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Car was loving hooked. Though the race wasn't even a quarter exciting compared to Indy but seeing Truex and co. Is pretty good.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
This outcome is the good kind of boring. Good work 78.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I can't remember the last time I seen someone dominate like that.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Good winner, loving boring race on every level.

Told you so.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
unlike the aero era, I get a feeling that this race was a stinker because the 78 spanked everyone, instead of guys being unable to pass

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I still can't believe NASCAR swallowed the whistle when the 18 hit the wall...

It's a moot point because the 78 would've won anyway.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
By far the worst race I watched this weekend. I have no regrets about falling asleep in the middle of it.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Winner entirely negated poo poo race. Truex deserved every piece of that and curbstomped them from flag to flag

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Just seeing a guy curbstomp the whole field is ok sometimes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Possibly Chicken posted:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Possibly Chicken posted:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Winner entirely negated poo poo race. Truex deserved every piece of that and curbstomped them from flag to flag

Absolutely. And I'm so glad to see Sherry looking so good.

This might be the best winner this year so far.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Especially a one car team.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I was so waiting for #fuckrdtruex when tires started going down... I figured we'd get a gwc and Jimmbot would win due to something stupid.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm honestly just glad that NASCAR let the race end without some
bullshit. Good winner, poo poo race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That was loving incredible. What an awesome night.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

To be fair. It was a poo poo race because Truex was that much better than everyone else. It was reasonably racy from second through 5th-6th for most of the race.

Also, Nascar swallowed the whistle because they knew if Truex lost on a late restart because of "everyone dose the opposite of the leader" nonsense, fans would have burned down CMS. And rightfully so.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lol Montoya:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...ox178fqavkew9ug

He's right about NASCAR ruining a race for one of the competitors to make stuff exciting for the fans. Which, as a fan, I can't remember wanting.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

quote:

He was probably the most intimidating driver in NASCAR history with only two wins.

Jimmy Spencer says otherwise.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

Lol Montoya:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...ox178fqavkew9ug

He's right about NASCAR ruining a race for one of the competitors to make stuff exciting for the fans. Which, as a fan, I can't remember wanting.

quote:

NASCAR seems to have squashed overly aggressive, physical racing when it suspended Matt Kenseth for two races last year for taking out Joey Logano.

petulantly crashing another driver as part of a pointless feud no one cares about is not what i would consider "aggressive, physical racing." his point is valid but that example is the worst

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
There's also a difference between "taking out" and bulldozing someone so hard that neither car can drive away from the accident (at goddamn Martinsville no less)

Man, I sure remember the good ol' days when Dale Sr would wreck himself and someone else just to make a petty point. Basically, this article has "aggressive, physical racing" confused with driving like a complete loving idiot.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Kenseth v Logano owned and was amazing and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

L_Harrison posted:

Man, I sure remember the good ol' days when Dale Sr would wreck himself and someone else just to make a petty point

I mean the only difference between Earnhardt and Kenseth is that Kenseth also wrecked. Earnhardt was a total rear end in a top hat. Earnhardt would wreck people at Talladega for gently caress's sake.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Peanut President posted:

Earnhardt would wreck people at Talladega for gently caress's sake.

But would he call people out for it beforehand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqqTlrmcxqo&t=30s

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Slickdrac posted:

But would he call people out for it beforehand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqqTlrmcxqo&t=30s

to be fair to Tony, you can see Kenseth come up and brush him, and come towards him a second time before Tony dives him

also, that clip doesn't show it but like half a lap prior Kenseth had him all jacked up on the straight

no excuse, but that clip gets tossed out like Smoke said that and on lap one tried to kill him unprovoked, and it wasn't really like that

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Hey good news everyone. :suicide: If they think adding more downforce is the answer.
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/05/31/nascar-back-to-the-drawing-board-to-improve-passing-up-front-after-coca-cola-600/

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Truex didn't have a problem passing Johnson on those two restarts. He even screwed one up and still took Johnson down.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Tbh I'm surprised the 78 car hasn't been torn down and rebuilt a few times already.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Start the clock until we get either a NASCAR DRS, or they go full NASCAR and it's a DES (enlargement) which activates for the person in the lead when gap to 2nd is under 2 seconds.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

At this point, it really seems like the only way to get a different winner is to penalize the Gibbs cars (including the 78) a cylinder per win.

Also I know this really doesn't need to be said, but 1 dominating win and NASCAR is ringing the 'CHANGE EVERYTHING' alarm? Where the gently caress were they the last few years with MONTHS of actual bad races?

Cygni fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 1, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I should be frustrated by the fact that in a season of good races, we have one dud and NASCAR reacts, but then I remember that the mindset from the top at the start of last season was "I think the racing is exciting." (-Brian France, January 2015) and nothing was done then. In other words, :downsbravo:.

e- Like, they keep the green out when Kyle Busch AND Ryan Blaney have problems when they've thrown cautions for much less than that, which provided A Good Winner and a nice story, but then they bitch the race was bad? :psyduck:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 1, 2016

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
NASCAR is run by idiots you say

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cygni posted:

Where the gently caress were they the last few years with MONTHS of actual bad races?

Lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Watching the 2001 Bud Shootout for some reason and it's interesting to compare the FOX commentators then and now. Joy and Waltrip sound the same, while McReynolds is much easier to understand now than he was at that point; it's night and day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXGN4QWYO1U

Somebody also pointed out on Sirius today that half the drivers from the Top 20 in points in 2005 are out of the sport now. I thought that seemed a bit strange, but after checking, Martin, Wallace, Mayfield, Gordon, Sadler, Jarrett, Nemechek, Vickers, and Jeff Burton are out of Cup, with Stewart leaving. :stare:

Biffle, Edwards, Johnson, Newman, Kenseth, Kurt, McMurray, Harvick, Junyer, and Kyle remain.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 1, 2016

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I don't see why it's surprising that half of the 20 best drivers are retired 11 years later

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Discharging Firearms with Jesus:

quote:

Produced by Heavy Armor Division Custom Shop, this
Ported 1911 “Morgan Shepherd” Tribute Pistol has the following features:

Model: 1911 Commander
- Caliber: .45acp
- Capacity: 8 and 7 Rounds
- Action: Hammer Fired
- Barrel Length: 4 ¼” or 5” (Please Specify)
- Front Sight: HI-Visual Fiber Optic Purple
- Rear Sight: HI-Visual Fiber Optic Purple
- Grip: Custom Mfg’d Aluminum/G10
- Frame Material: Stainless Steel (Custom Front strap Checkering available)
- Barrel Finish: 614R Stainless Steel
- Slide Material: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Graphite Black Cerkote & Stainless Steel
Features:
- Each pistol is “hand-crafted” one-at-a-time
- Custom “Ported” Slide

http://www.morganshepherd.com/

Ungratek posted:

I don't see why it's surprising that half of the 20 best drivers are retired 11 years later

For whatever reason, it feels like Bowyer, Hamlin, Truex, etc. have been around longer than they actually have and should be there in place of guys like Nemechek, Sadler, and Vickers. Those three (Bowyer, Hamlin, Truex) were all 2006 RoTY candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Slickdrac posted:

Start the clock until we get either a NASCAR DRS, or they go full NASCAR and it's a DES (enlargement) which activates for the person in the lead when gap to 2nd is under 2 seconds.

they wouldn't do this if bitch rear end fans would stop crying like babies when 8,000 passes didn't happen in the span of 15 minutes

• Locked thread