Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
They were lucky when they pulled their falklands stunt they got out of the country fast too

cunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Old top gear jumped the shark with the india special.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

no one seemed to notice how bad it got in the later seasons when every single aspect of it was very clearly scripted and poorly acted

but all of the seaons were scripted?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Did anyone ever explain why Red Bull didn't have those tires ready?

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

daslog posted:

Did anyone ever explain why Red Bull didn't have those tires ready?

Communication breakdown between the pit wall and the mechanics.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just watched the highlights and haven't laughed so much at an F1 race for ages. Frogmouth Verstapooen binning it, Dan's pitstop and podium sad-face, the Sauber clown car crash, Kimi skating along on his front wing, Lewis squirting his froth into Justin Bieber's eager waiting mouth... but the absolute high point was Hulk overtaking Rosberg right on the line. gently caress yeah! I actually cheered as I laughed.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
https://twitter.com/F1/status/737005622063812608

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

no one seemed to notice how bad it got in the later seasons when every single aspect of it was very clearly scripted and poorly acted

I don't think they understood the appeal of the cheap car challenge and that the comedy didn't come from "wacky hijinks happens to presenters"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Basticle posted:

but all of the seaons were scripted?

some better than others

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

wicka posted:

some better than others

The final season was pretty good even if the previous ones werent

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Riccy says Screwed and Sucks and is a curser. Lewis says Bloody and drat and is Blessed

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Yep.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Just caught the race. Is Hamilton going out with Bieber?

And what did the official say? 'are you actually celebrating, sir?', was that it?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Jesus of Nazareth wasn't that happy when he was in that position. Lewis literally has a better attitude than Jesus.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Do you guys know what he means, fellas?

Please compare to podium interview lol

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I would just like to call attention to the fact that Best Max finished 15th at the Indy 500 today. Top half of the field!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://twitter.com/thebuxtonblog/status/736934824846446593

The petulant fraud from Stevenage doesn't say things as entertaining as this, surely.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Truly Australia is a crucible in which the English Language has attained perfection.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

I used to think of Lenny when I saw Ricciardo. Not this time.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Felt like Hammy boy should have got himself a penalty for his defense from Ricciardo. The chicane cut and the half chop each on their own probably not enough to warrant anything, but both combined?

'Robust' defense of a position should be dealt with more harshly in Monaco anyway. Its basically impossible to pass without 4 - 5 seconds in hand, its a good way to try an counteract that in some way.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
If F1 had the same stewards every race maybe we would get consistent punishments but we don't.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Riso posted:

If F1 had the same stewards every race maybe we would get consistent punishments but we don't.

You can't say this wasn't consistent. They made the same decision they make at every track when this happens, if the following car was halfway through an overtaking move in the corner, they expect you to give the place up, otherwise it's carry on as normal.

I kind of agree that Monaco should be a special case, because otherwise it's entirely impossible to overtake. The decision was definitely consistent though.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Wasn't Sainz punished for a similar thing at China?

Consistent my rear end.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I for one am glad that poo poo NicoBerg passed Shitter NicoBerg

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
some people here might appreciate this short little animation about senna's first f1 win in brazil https://vimeo.com/167888124

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

snaeksikn posted:

some people here might appreciate this short little animation about senna's first f1 win in brazil https://vimeo.com/167888124

"for Brazilians, he is a hero, an icon of overcoming hardship"

People often underestimate Senna's ability to overcome his cripplingly rich family and become an F1 driver.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

AgentJotun posted:

Felt like Hammy boy should have got himself a penalty for his defense from Ricciardo. The chicane cut and the half chop each on their own probably not enough to warrant anything, but both combined?

'Robust' defense of a position should be dealt with more harshly in Monaco anyway. Its basically impossible to pass without 4 - 5 seconds in hand, its a good way to try an counteract that in some way.

The chop on it's own was marginal, but given that he just missed the chicane, yeah, I was surprised he got away with that. Pretty sure if he had been a midfielder, he would have, but they did not want to be seen messing with the leading battle.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I hope all Aussies now know to never sign with Red Bull if they're trying to make it in F1.

Also lol at this guy

https://twitter.com/f1/status/737289721760468993

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hamilton really was insufferable from the end of the race to the end of the podium and I can't believe Danny Rick didn't sock him right there in front of the King.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Yes it was fun to see Shitter NicoBerg have his confidence knocked for the rest of the season and to bow out like a little bitch to boot

But Hamilton was terrible to have on the podium. If he gets there again he should have to come 2nd or 3rd. He's bad when he whines but worse when he wins

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lmao Red Bull is now blaming the layout of their garage for their dumb rear end mistakes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124560/monaco-pit-layout-caused-ricciardo-mixup

quote:

Red Bull Formula 1 team boss Christian Horner says the pitstop delay that cost Daniel Ricciardo Monaco Grand Prix victory was a misunderstanding rooted in the track's unusual garage arrangements.

The Monaco pitlane is more cramped than other circuits', and the teams' usual pitwall set-up is located above the garages.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"Guys you know the layout in Monaco is different and we can't see what's going on in the garage? You think it's worth making sure the radios work and maybe putting a camera down there so we can see that things are happening?"

"Nah gently caress it"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I suspect what Horner is secretly pissed off at is that it happened to Lotus a few seasons ago and the FOM warned them by showing their own car coming into the pits on TV, (then cut to the pit crew as one going "oh poo poo") so they only lost a small amount of time.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

keevo posted:

Lmao Red Bull is now blaming the layout of their garage for their dumb rear end mistakes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124560/monaco-pit-layout-caused-ricciardo-mixup

Yeah because every single other team doesn't have that problem

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I thought Top Gear was a big success - there were no offensive references to Britain's past and present greatness from that dangerous Clarkson. Instead they spent our millions in a competition where they mocked our traditions and the names of our towns. Britain was defeated, having scored no points. I wonder if it was intended as a metaphor. A metaphor for a future in which we vote stay on June 23rd.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And to add insult to injury of the petulant Brits, there were Americans and Germans in the cast.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

keevo posted:

Well, that's not really what they're saying. They made the call too late to get the tired from behind the garage to the pitlane, as the tires they had in the garage was the super-duper-softs.
I know it's fashionable to hate RB for everything they do, but I think they pretty much owned up to making a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Brainwrong posted:

I'm so erect watching that Rickydongo's sad face. He's a failure. Verstappen binned it and still comes out looking the better driver

I came here to see a thread full of salty bitchmade australian tears and I am not dissapointed. Failtardo is mentaly weak and will never win a wdc, you can see the cracks appearing in his 'im so glad im here' persona. Soon he will just be another shitcunt Mark Webber bitching about every little thing while he gets his poo poo pushed in by a retarded dutch teen.

My driver of the day has to be Sebastian Vettel, top top driving from the best driver on the grid. Vettel ftw.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread