Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Boy I'm upset that the two flippiest men in the entire world did a bunch of flips.

I'm flippin out over flips over here!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

why are people so upset about the indie flippy thing all of a sudden

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Because people loved it and we can't have that in modern wrestling.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i dont like all that happy horseshit. bunch of chinese ballet acrobats on ice poo poo. give me a bunch of guys on steroids throwing baby powder at each other on top of a scaffold -- that is a real fight and real wrestling.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i dont like all that happy horseshit. bunch of chinese ballet acrobats on ice poo poo. give me a bunch of guys on steroids throwing baby powder at each other on top of a scaffold -- that is a real fight and real wrestling.

I like flips but also this. May I like both

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I like flips but also this. May I like both

No.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you can still like it even if andrew goldstein doesn't

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I remember back when Chris Jericho still ran his own website that he had a shitfit rant and quit it because someone rated his match with RVD poorly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RealFoxy posted:

According to Dave Lagana they would sit in rooms for hours unable to leave to use the bathroom or eat while the McMahons would eat in front of them

e: I think it was Lagana. But they would basically treat them like prisoners and turn down a lot of ideas, and basically all of Creative is ignored anyway because Vince arbitrarily rewrites everything and will bury people in spite and put someone like Reigns over at the expense of the company.

Who the gently caress doesn't go to the bathroom just cuz your boss forbids it? loving whip that dick out and piss all over Vince's ketchup wrap and be like "this is on you vinny Mac"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Tato posted:

I remember back when Chris Jericho still ran his own website that he had a shitfit rant and quit it because someone rated his match with RVD poorly.

It wasn't just that someone rated it poorly, Jericho stayed up late one night and went onto a dozen different forums and found that a lot of people were saying "It wasn't that good." He had a huge temper tantrum about it, did a big post about it and then deleted it and quit the internet. Whenever it was he came back to the internet he claimed he was just heeling and was really a puppet master.

Jericho was a pioneer of social media long before social media was a thing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oh boy I hope one of those forums was here

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AMReese posted:

Be that as it may, however, a lot of other writers shat on the match. Court Bauer included. Though neither Goldstein nor Bauer were writing for WWE at the height of its popularity, so a grain of salt still needs to be taken.

lol incredibly strong take here

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

one guy on a team of 30 people whose work I can't identify because nobody gets credit for segments they write and everything they write gets thrown in the trash anyway worked for the show when it was bad (the show has always been bad) guess he's not allowed to say the bad match was bad, and gently caress him for saying so

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

thumbtack spots are as cool as that match was awful

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tato posted:

The main thing I remember from that was Jericho comparing himself to George Lucas and ranting against criticisms of the prequels because Lucas didn't HAVE to make them but he did.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

a real wrestling match is 20 minutes of the heel stalling and taunting the crowd before getting a thumb to the eye and a roll-up with the trunks. doing anything more shows you don't know how to work and should be in the crowd and not in the ring.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

oatgan posted:

guess he's not allowed to say the bad match was bad, and gently caress him for saying so
He can say they're bad. I'm not disputing anyone's right to an opinion. Whether that person's opinion should be given any weight beyond being one person's is another matter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

thumbtack spots are as cool as that match was awful
Thumbtacks spots have been cool in exactly two WWE matches. Undertaker/Mandkind and Mick Foley/Randy Orton.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

AMReese posted:

He can say they're bad. I'm not disputing anyone's right to an opinion. Whether that person's opinion should be given any weight beyond being one person's is another matter.

I think this might be the first time I agreed with you. Really people taking the piss on Vader vs someone who actually worked/made a living in wrestling in the last fifteen years is something different.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RealFoxy posted:

Thumbtacks spots have been cool in exactly two WWE matches. Undertaker/Mandkind and Mick Foley/Randy Orton.

The pedigree onto tacks from the Royal Rumble 2000 street fight blew my young mind.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

nah they're always cool sorry man

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

nah they're always cool sorry man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlV8CQGCSbw

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sorry I couldn't hear you over Raven's gut

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

holy poo poo, that's killer spelled backwards!!

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

But who took the best bump onto thumbtacks besides Mick Foley?

Edge, Orton, or Jericho?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Here's Chris Jericho's 'troll' of people who didn't like his match.

quote:

I am now finished with the internet and I'm finished with this site because I hate what you marks are doing. You've spoiled it for me. Your negativity is ridiculous. You all come off like a bunch of bitter know-it alls, who won't be happy with anything we give you. Nothing is ever good enough and quite frankly I'm over it. You are the same people that are saying that Attack of the Clones is boring, analyzing every little detail, instead of allowing yourselves to be entertained by it's magic.

It seems that some of you wish the wrestling business would dry up and die, because some of you dislike EVERYTHING we do. Is it always good? No, but we are killing ourselves to try and entertain you and if you don't respect that, then kiss my rear end. I want the business to be around forever and I am doing my part to keep it great and I did that tonight, no matter what any of you think.

Alot of the boys pander to you on their websites, asking for your input and your thoughts and I used to be one of them. Guess what? I'm not anymore. Think what you want. I don't care. Do what you want. I don't care. Respond how you want too as well, because I won't be reading. I don't give a drat about what you think anymore...
Meltzer rated the match *** 3/4 for what it's worth, Alvarez gave it *** 1/2. Even Scott Keith gave it *** and I don't remember it being that bad or the Internet being that negative about it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AMReese posted:

But who took the best bump onto thumbtacks besides Mick Foley?

Edge, Orton, or Jericho?
zandig

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWERoadDogg/status/737114931854774272

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Chris Jericho was probably unused to seeing fan opinion of his matches beyond the dirt-sheets and the crowds and the occasional face-to-face encounter. I really don't blame him for taking it so hard when he probably felt pretty underappreciated after being on a high of being world champion to losing a semifinal match in a King of the Ring tournament.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 30, 2016

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
"I don't like it when matches don't look enough like a real fight because it kills the audience's suspension of disbelief!"

Signed, a wrestler who had a notable feud with a Fire Demon.

Cosigned, a booker who once ran a fed with a literal Mummy on the roster.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Edge & Christian posted:

Here's Chris Jericho's 'troll' of people who didn't like his match.
Meltzer rated the match *** 3/4 for what it's worth, Alvarez gave it *** 1/2. Even Scott Keith gave it *** and I don't remember it being that bad or the Internet being that negative about it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gently caress that is just too large to use as an avatar

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AMReese posted:

Chris Jericho was probably unused to seeing fan opinion of his matches beyond the dirt-sheets and the crowds and the occasional face-to-face encounter. I really don't blame him for taking it so hard when he probably felt pretty underappreciated after being on a high of being world champion to losing a semifinal match in a King of the Ring tournament.

Jericho was one of the earliest guys to put up a personal site and interact with his fans.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Maybe that's a sign of how much stock he put into the opinions of people on the internet.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Yeah, if anything it was probably Jericho acting out on misplaced aggression. For context this was June 2002, and he'd spent the last year:

1) Getting a main event push for the first time in the Benoit/Jericho vs. Austin/HHH feud
2) Having that get derailed by HHH's injury but landing in a feud with the Rock for the WCW title
3) Spinning out of that to be the First Undisputed World Champion/beating Rock & Austin in the same night

And then...
4) Being the proxy for HHH's feud against Stephanie and her pet dog, a feud where it was clear that HHH wasn't getting over as a face.
5) Killing himself in a Hell in a Cell match to try to get HHH over as a face champion
6) Getting bumped to a prelim match so Hulk Hogan and Bikertaker could be in the main events, possibly knowing the plan for Summerslam was HHH turning heel after he spent months jobbing to him, Lesnar getting a rocket strapped to him, and Jericho doing ???

Jericho has talked a lot about how tenuous he felt his job at WWE was for years, and how the Kliq didn't really like him, etc. You'd think he'd be over that by 2002 but there's no question he was hurt by how he was handled around WM18 and the idea that he was getting pushed back down the card probably hurt, and then if he read some negative reviews on the Internet (who were the people stanning for him through all of the hassles he went through in WCW/WWF) it probably extra-sucked after what was presumably a bad week at work. Also remember we know now that Jericho drinks a lot so maybe in 2016 he'd have claimed he was 'hacked' after that.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 30, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Add Fit Finlay to the list:
https://twitter.com/ringfox1/status/737136146728292352

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fit and devit should tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009